Page 380 of 607 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 390 430 480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He's awesome going for big hits but never evolved beyond that into a guy that knows how to look after his own end.
    I love it when he winds up for a big hit but he's been doing less of this v lately:

and more of this v:
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Thank god for that cage on his face... that forearm would have flattened Paul's pretty face

I know Emelin still plays that way and does get the occasional big hit, but I feel like the gaps in his game prevent him from being that solid D-man the Habs need (i.e. a poor-man's Kronwall)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Expert

He's awesome going for big hits but never evolved beyond that into a guy that knows how to look after his own end.
    To be fair, Emelin had a pretty good year. His first season with a CF% higher than 50% since 2012-13. I mean, it doesn't say a whole lot but he was finally able to not get outshot significantly (He had like 44% for the two year prior)
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Administrator

Didn't the whole team do well in terms of shooting/possession numbers?

Dobber Sports Expert

Didn't the whole team do well in terms of shooting/possession numbers?
    They did, but he was still ahead of Beaulieu Markov Pateryn Gilbert. Only Petry,Barberio, PK had better numbers. It's not out of this world number but he was the worst Habs D for two straight years and finished top3 last year. There might be hope (probably not).

Administrator

Yeah now that I think back more it was a better year for him than some past ones. I still don't like him as a top 4 guy though. That's just asking for him to be exposed. I like him a lot as a bottom pair D though. Just paid too much for that role.

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah now that I think back more it was a better year for him than some past ones. I still don't like him as a top 4 guy though. That's just asking for him to be exposed. I like him a lot as a bottom pair D though. Just paid too much for that role.
    Yeah, no doubt about that. Wasn't saying he's a top4 D. I'd love for Bergevin to capitalize on this good season from Emelin to find a way to move him. Doesn't Calgary GM a fan of grit and truculence? Perhaps we can get something from the Canucks for Emelin. A Gudbranson-Emelin pairing must sound good for Jim Benning hahah

Dobber Sports Deity

I ask this question because a friend of mine (also a fellow Navy member) writes a column for some Habs fan website and he shared it on facebook last night. He mentions the Habs defensive depth could be a bargaining chip. I didnt think the Habs had much in regards to "depth" on the backend and thats why I was wondering how many top four guys you considered the Habs to have.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I ask this question because a friend of mine (also a fellow Navy member) writes a column for some Habs fan website and he shared it on facebook last night. He mentions the Habs defensive depth could be a bargaining chip. I didnt think the Habs had much in regards to "depth" on the backend and thats why I was wondering how many top four guys you considered the Habs to have.
    I wouldn't say that the Habs are really deep. On the left side Montreal has Beaulieu-Markov-Emelin-Barberio. On the right Subban-Petry-Pateryn-Ellis.
    The right side will stay like that IMO. I can see Emelin being moved with Barberio's new contract. I'd love that. I don't think they can find a suitor for Markov and anyway Markov still move the needles the right way.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ironically, Las Vegas will have a deeper D with the expansion draft rules. As for the Habs, they currently have 1 great D, 1 good D, 1 fading D, 1 emerging D, 1 questionable D and some fillers (Subban, Petry, Markov, Beaulieu, Emelin and the rest). The fillers are maybe what we can call that ''depth'' as they have a bunch of guys that are able to play in the NHL (mainly Pateryn and Barberio but also the likes of prospects Ryan Johnston and Morgan Ellis). They may also resign Gilbert so you can add to the ''depth'' concept.

Minors:

Administrator

I highly doubt Gilbert returns. I prefer Pateryn in that spot anyway.

Dobber Sports Giant

I highly doubt Gilbert returns. I prefer Pateryn in that spot anyway.
    Same here, but if that's the case, do you think they try to get anyone else (i.e. Hamhuis) and bump Beaulieu or even Markov down to the 3rd pairing? Or do they simply roll with Pateryn/Barberio in that final spot?

just for kicks:
    Subban-Hamhuis
    Petry-Beaulieu
    Markov-Emelin

Minors:

Administrator

I never really thought about bringing in a bigger name UFA on D. I wouldn't do it myself but I could see MB going that route.

Dobber Sports Giant

I never really thought about bringing in a bigger name UFA on D. I wouldn't do it myself but I could see MB going that route.
    As much as I would like Yandle to replace the aging Markov, both ice-time and contract-wise, I think the only other notable name on D is Hamhuis. Other than that, I think Bergevin would be wise to focus on getting some added firepower up front.

Minors: