Page 374 of 607 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 384 424 474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    My hope is they move up (4th with EDM) and draft Dubois...
    4th vs 9th + (insert what it takes for the +)
    I would love it if Eller could be a + and get jettisoned with the pick for an upgrade to draft Dubois but that is so not happening... Habs have had trouble drafting game breakers high in the first round. I can't recall their last top 15 pick who worked out to be one...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    My hope is they move up (4th with EDM) and draft Dubois...
    4th vs 9th + (insert what it takes for the +)
    If I had to guess, the + would be someone like Beaulieu or McCarron which I doubt the Habs would want to do. The Oilers have two pressing issues this off-season; get bigger and improve their D. If they are trading down, it would have to include one of those two things being part of the deal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Habs will re-acquire Tinordi and ship him to the Oilers in the deal. He's big and tough, he's a dman and he is perfectly willing to pay his dues up in the press box.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If I had to guess, the + would be someone like Beaulieu or McCarron which I doubt the Habs would want to do. The Oilers have two pressing issues this off-season; get bigger and improve their D. If they are trading down, it would have to include one of those two things being part of the deal.
    And even then for Beaulieu they wouldn't do it probably.. They probably want legit star upside... At one point, Beaulieu's game looked like it could get there as he plays a pro style, smooth skating good first pass type of game.. but game breaking talent isn't there. Solid #4 is what he might live up to.. I would hope for #3 and I would be happy if he got there. He's no more than that.

Reminds me of a scrappier Patrice Brisebois, who was always miscast as a top pairing guy but would have excelled in a #3 role.. There was just no one else at the time..
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I would love it if Eller could be a + and get jettisoned with the pick for an upgrade to draft Dubois but that is so not happening... Habs have had trouble drafting game breakers high in the first round. I can't recall their last top 15 pick who worked out to be one...
    Carey Price was a top-15 pick. And Galch was number 3 and has the potential to be that game-breaker.. Besides that, you'd have to go back to Shayne Corson in 1984 (8th overall). Before that, you're goinf back to the early 1970s.

I don't think the Oilers are looking for a forward, so Eller won't help. Edmonton isn't trading down from fourth unless they get a dman that can step in and help right away.

Would it be too crazy to send them Markov? Markov, a prospect and ninth for fourth and a +. Yes, he's getting old, but Markov could hold the fort down for the Oilers until their young guys are ready in two years. But I doubt Edmonton would want a guy that old.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Carey Price was a top-15 pick. And Galch was number 3 and has the potential to be that game-breaker.. Besides that, you'd have to go back to Shayne Corson in 1984 (8th overall). Before that, you're goinf back to the early 1970s.

I don't think the Oilers are looking for a forward, so Eller won't help. Edmonton isn't trading down from fourth unless they get a dman that can step in and help right away.

Would it be too crazy to send them Markov? Markov, a prospect and ninth for fourth and a +. Yes, he's getting old, but Markov could hold the fort down for the Oilers until their young guys are ready in two years. But I doubt Edmonton would want a guy that old.

Right of course Carey. Galchenyuk... we shall see if he's a game-breaker. Right now he is just a good player, but by no means does he take over games by himself..Carey takes over every game by himself lol.

As far as Markov goes I think they would love to get a guy of that ilk but at his age, he can't do the heavy lifting they would ask of him. Eller will definitely not be part of that package for several reasons.. of course because the Oil need D but also because he is too terrible.. He's basically a Draisaitl with negative upside...

Arguably, Corson was just a good player and not a game breaker either.. So in 30 years of drafting, we have one game-breaker.. Many times we traded the first round pick... or the prospect (oy, McDonagh...) but I haven't seen much from Timmins in terms of developing top line first rounders outside of Patches and even he needed some time and isn't exactly a dynamic winger more than he is a solid north-south scorer in the mold of Jarome Iginla but with far less upside IMO. Many, many first round busts. I know the Habs aren't alone in that category, it would just be nice if they weren't in that category at all lol.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    So in 30 years of drafting, we have one game-breaker.. Many times we traded the first round pick... or the prospect (oy, McDonagh...) but I haven't seen much from Timmins in terms of developing top line first rounders outside of Patches and even he needed some time and isn't exactly a dynamic winger more than he is a solid north-south scorer in the mold of Jarome Iginla but with far less upside IMO. Many, many first round busts. I know the Habs aren't alone in that category, it would just be nice if they weren't in that category at all lol.
    If you want to feel sad for a while, just go here and look at our first round drafting history of the past 30 years. Especially in the 1990s. That was a horrible stretch except for Koivu.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you want to feel sad for a while, just go here and look at our first round drafting history of the past 30 years. Especially in the 1990s. That was a horrible stretch except for Koivu.
    Thanks for that depressing walk down memory lane #LouisLeblanc
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

David Fischer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Is it just me or is Keller's name coming up a lot?
    The only issue with Keller is size. He is a top 5 talent.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Thanks for that depressing walk down memory lane #LouisLeblanc
    Keep walking down that lane until you hit David Fischer Ave., great memories indeed

If you have time to look around, you'll be able to see that Fischer Ave. is just two steps away from Claude Giroux Blvd.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Guru

Look at those two Newfies in back-to-back rounds in the early 90s. Brad Brown and Terry Ryan. I had high hopes for Ryan. He was a 50-goal, 110-point guy in the WHL the year he was drafted playing on a line with Langkow.

Dobber Sports Giant

Look at those two Newfies in back-to-back rounds in the early 90s. Brad Brown and Terry Ryan. I had high hopes for Ryan. He was a 50-goal, 110-point guy in the WHL the year he was drafted playing on a line with Langkow.
    Hehe, well to be fair, the 94 draft that got them Brad Brown was a crapshoot one with little-to-no stars (Jovo 1st overall and Elias late 2nd) but the Habs did managae to get Theodore in the 2nd round. The 95 one though... urghhhh... 3 spots lower was the prized prospect know as Jarome Iginla! Can't believe we have struck out so many time in that era!

The likes of Markov, Plekanec, Patches, Subban and all the rest rest that came after was a turning point but it came too late IMO as the damage had already been done. Instead of building around Pleky and Markov, the team should have already had a solid core and have those 2 guys play the roles of the Hossas and Seabrooks of the hockey world as opposed to the Keiths and Toews.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Side topic, with the firing of Hartley in Calgary, any chance Bergevin goes over his word and fires Therrien in favour of Hartley?

Minors:

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Side topic, with the firing of Hartley in Calgary, any chance Bergevin goes over his word and fires Therrien in favour of Hartley?
    No chance. It would need to be someone like Julien, and even then it's unlikely.