Page 358 of 607 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 368 408 458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Gilbert won't be re-signed because of the younger guys coming up behind him. It's nothing against him. He's been pretty good when in a more limited role.
    Yup, I agree...which is why I made the comment about Pateryn in particular. Right handed stay at home defenceman...perfect guy to bring on in his place

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Plekanec is another guy I would consider if the return was good, but his Houdini work in the playoffs hurts his value imo. To me, I don't see him as a valuable piece in Montreal's future. The problem of course, he's a centreman and the best one Montreal has (since Chucky doesn't get more than 5 shifts at the position). This move would kill the pivot position for the Habs but with the upcoming draft.

Lot of people (including myself) want Eller moved. Personally I have to change my stance on this. Eller is a great in a 3rd line role and has been an effective shut down centerman. He is widely respected around the NHL by management. I think we just get blindsided by the fact he was a first round pick, was traded for a top goalie (Halak...at the time) so we expect him to put up more numbers offensively. Watching some more film on him, he brings other intangibles to the game that go unnoticed on stat sheets.

Other guys like Smith-Pelley, Fleischmann and of course Weise I would move.

And once the seasons is over, fire Therrein on black Monday.
    Pleks will probably be dealt next season. I think he has a no-trade clause this year, but the new two-year deal that kicks in next year doesn't have it.

I like Eller. I think he can flourish in a different system with a different coach.

I also like Smith-Pelley for the same reason.

The firing of the Therrien in the summer will be the biggest sub-plot. Considering that he hates playing young guys, do you want Therrien when guys like McCarron, Sherbak and others are ready to make the jump? Probably not. If they're ready to make the jump next season, then Therrien needs to be gone long before that.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The firing of the Therrien in the summer will be the biggest sub-plot. Considering that he hates playing young guys, do you want Therrien when guys like McCarron, Sherbak and others are ready to make the jump? Probably not. If they're ready to make the jump next season, then Therrien needs to be gone long before that.
    Yes. There is zero reason to fire Therrein now, but he won't be/can't be back next season. If they are committed to the likes of Andrighetto, McCarron, Hudon, Pateryn in addition to those on the roster, he can't stick around.

Dobber Sports Monster

Fire Therrien, bring in Horachek, fire Horachek at seasons end, come 1 number away from winning the lottery, trade the captain next season.

Dobber Sports Monster

I was already planning the Cup parade for June. I've never seen a team do a 180 quite like this team. What sucks even more is Carey is not playing and looks like he is out for the year.

Please win the Auston Matthews sweepstakes

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Please win the Auston Matthews sweepstakes
    Amen...then again even if they picked in the 6-10 range, there a couple really good centermen which would also be vital for the franchise in Dubois and McLeod

Dobber Sports Veteran

Read on Twitter that Nichushkin may be on the block in Dallas.

I think he'd be a good fit for us.

What do you think it would take? Our 1st round pick?

https://twitter.com/BillWhiteheadFL/...90312781910017
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Expert

I've heard his name thrown around quite a bit. Dallas needs depth on D as well as defensive minded forwards. They won't be moving Nichushkin for a draft pick since they are in a win now mode. Montreal's pick would also be too high for the likes of Nichushkin in my opinion. I could see him heading to VAN in a Hamhuis swap if Hammy waives his NTC. If the Habs were to offer Eller, I think they would need a second part coming back (pick in 2016)

Dobber Sports Expert

Of course this team would decide to win games now

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Read on Twitter that Nichushkin may be on the block in Dallas.

I think he'd be a good fit for us.

What do you think it would take? Our 1st round pick?

https://twitter.com/BillWhiteheadFL/...90312781910017
    I think Dallas would only move Nichu for NOW results; no use in getting a pick and hoping he's a good as Nichushkin down the road.

As for the Matthews sweepstakes, the Habs don't have the balls to tank... Marketing is just too damn important to them. It's funny because I feel they could actually try to tank even if it ends up getting most of the fan base angry. IMO, Montreal fans have the shortest memory span: by this I mean 1 day we have a star player and the next day he's a good as garbage because he coughed up the puck or let too many goals in. The opposite is true as well where we ''forget'' or overlook a star player's decline and crown him as a resurging superstar the second he goes on a 2-game point streak!

All this to say that I feel the Habs will end up winning just enough games to go up in the standings and barely miss the playoffs giving them a top-14 pick but nothing that could change the franchise overnight... And so the wheel keeps on turning
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Petry will also miss the rest of the season.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Petry will also miss the rest of the season.
    I love Petry...it would be a brutal loss if this team was going to the playoffs.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I love Petry...it would be a brutal loss if this team was going to the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I like how you were able to illustrate your message with the use of a traffic sign image.

I was able to find my own traffic sign image that reflects Therrien's coaching messages to Subban :

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Beaulieu out 2-3 weeks with LBI which he suffered vs NSH.