Page 337 of 607 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 347 387 437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Pateryn is back from his conditioning assignment. As I stated don't be surprised if Tinordi does the same.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

I did some thinking and the Habs needs a clone of Fleischmann to put on Galchenyuk's line.

Administrator

No surprise here but Beaulieu won't be getting anything extra for his late high stick.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I did some thinking and the Habs needs a clone of Fleischmann to put on Galchenyuk's line.
    I was watching L'Antichambre after the game and they were suggesting that Therrien should bring back Semin to put on Chucky's line. The reason behind their thinking (I think it was Damphousse that suggest it) was that Galchenyuk is still young and raw and needs a veteran and ''star player'' to help him out and take pressure off of him... Here's my take on a couple of things Habs related:

1) I don't understand why Eller gets so little love. I mean, he plays 5 great games and has 1 bad shift and all ''we'' remember is that mistake. Therefore, I don't like the fact that some blame Galchenyuk's production/slow development/''he's not a star yet'' on his linemates.

2) Semin is not the answer (I'm sure Eric and most of you agree). I do think Semin can still be productive to a certain extent, but he needs the elite linemates; not the other way around.

3) Good call on Flash Eric! The guy has been a great fit for the Habs and has brought the best out of guys like DD and DW (and vice versa). As much as the Habs need an elite forward in my books, I would be all over a Fleischmann-type player. This would bump Byron out of the top-6, but....

4) Paul Byron; love the guy!! a small player that can dish out as many hits as passes and SOG. He is not a top-6 player but he can fill in anywhere on a short term basis IMO. Great signing for the Habs.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I was watching L'Antichambre after the game and they were suggesting that Therrien should bring back Semin to put on Chucky's line. The reason behind their thinking (I think it was Damphousse that suggest it) was that Galchenyuk is still young and raw and needs a veteran and ''star player'' to help him out and take pressure off of him... Here's my take on a couple of things Habs related:

1) I don't understand why Eller gets so little love. I mean, he plays 5 great games and has 1 bad shift and all ''we'' remember is that mistake. Therefore, I don't like the fact that some blame Galchenyuk's production/slow development/''he's not a star yet'' on his linemates.

2) Semin is not the answer (I'm sure Eric and most of you agree). I do think Semin can still be productive to a certain extent, but he needs the elite linemates; not the other way around.

3) Good call on Flash Eric! The guy has been a great fit for the Habs and has brought the best out of guys like DD and DW (and vice versa). As much as the Habs need an elite forward in my books, I would be all over a Fleischmann-type player. This would bump Byron out of the top-6, but....

4) Paul Byron; love the guy!! a small player that can dish out as many hits as passes and SOG. He is not a top-6 player but he can fill in anywhere on a short term basis IMO. Great signing for the Habs.
    1) Eller has not played five great games. He's talented but doesn't have the smarts to be a star. I think he can be a good third wheel on a line with two better players.

2) Semin has talent but he's interchangeable with the team's improved depth.

3) Elite forward would be preferable but there's a thing called the salary cap. There's cheap forwards out there that can be had for just about nothing. Hell I wonder if Byron might do alright on that line.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    1) Eller has not played five great games. He's talented but doesn't have the smarts to be a star. I think he can be a good third wheel on a line with two better players.

2) Semin has talent but he's interchangeable with the team's improved depth.

3) Elite forward would be preferable but there's a thing called the salary cap. There's cheap forwards out there that can be had for just about nothing. Hell I wonder if Byron might do alright on that line.
    Ok, so the word ''great'' for Eller was a tad too much... I just meant that he plays a sound game but gets no credit for it. The second he screws up though, the mistake is more often than not magnified. Is he a natural top-6? Probably not. But I'm pretty sure he's one of their most versatile forwards ATM (top minutes, low minutes, PP, PK, centre, wing, offensive role, defensive role...) I think Eller would be the type of player to benefit from a top player playing along side him as the pressure would be taken off him.

As for Byron, I think he is the new guy on that line accornding to the panel on l'Antichambre (not very credible, I know ). I know that the cap is a problem for the Habs in order to land a top player, but as the season progresses, that cap hit gets smaller and smaller, so we may have that guy afterall closer to the trade deadline if all goes well for the team.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Condon named third star of the week: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=787065

Prospect report from Sportsnet: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...port-november/

Administrator

More information on Price getting a second opinion for his LBI:

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...cal-evaluation

Administrator

Price will not play this week. So two more games for Condon.

Administrator

Habs lose in the shootout but at least it's another point in the bank.

Administrator

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/la...practice-notes

Looks like Semin might draw back in on Galchenyuk's line.

Administrator

Emelin is out with an injury and Pateryn will replace him.

Semin will return to the lineup while Byron sits out.

Administrator

Not a good game by Condon tonight. In a game like tonight with lopsided shots any stinkers will kill the team.

Administrator

Nice bounce-back for the Habs. For a while it looked like another game like Saturday. Big comeback.

Administrator

Bold prediction: Semin goes back to the press box.