Page 321 of 607 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 331 371 421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    But then he goes on to say that he doesn't really understand what he could be doing out at 6:00am on Sunday morning and that management does not support his decision. I guess the ''I got up early to go out to Sunday brunch with my 2 cousins before church'' excuse didn't fly!
    I think the issue is being out at 6AM and suffering a significant injury outside of hockey. I was not aware he had a broken foot which is "minor" when going by vehicle accident reports (because it's not life-threatening) but it will keep him off the ice for a while.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

@FriedgeHNIC: NHL/NHLPA announce Zack Kassian placed on Stage 2 of Substance Abuse program. Suspended without pay until cleared by doctors
    @FriedgeHNIC: Most important thing is that Kassian gets the help he needs.

m.twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC
    Per twitter

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Per twitter
    That's crazy. Hopefully he can come out of this on a positive note.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Weaver has retired.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...tire-1.3257159

Dobber Sports Stud

Any reason why Pleks is starting on L1 this season? I thought Desharnais was a better fit w/ Pac on L1, and Pleks was better defensively suited for a L3 role.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Any reason why Pleks is starting on L1 this season? I thought Desharnais was a better fit w/ Pac on L1, and Pleks was better defensively suited for a L3 role.
    Defensive-minded centers playing on the top two lines is nothing new in the NHL. He's there because he's better than Desharnais.

Administrator

Dobber Sports Guru

Habs 24CH cancelled.

http://www.allaboutthehabs.ca/habs-24ch-canceled/

Warning, that is a very long article that for some weird reason spends two-thirds of it talking about shows other than Habs 24CH. Talk about burying the lede.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Habs 24CH cancelled.

http://www.allaboutthehabs.ca/habs-24ch-canceled/

Warning, that is a very long article that for some weird reason spends two-thirds of it talking about shows other than Habs 24CH. Talk about burying the lede.
    I was invited to the Canadiens inaugural supper at the Bell Centre a few years back. It's a supper that is held directly on the rink for about 250 VIP guests, mostly private suite owners. Each table of 8 is assigned a Habs player. That year, we were paired up with Eller and since he was (is not) a superstar, I got to have a good talk with him as most fans were busy getting autographs from Subban and Price. One question that I had for him was about the 24CH series and how players dealt with it. After rolling his eyes, he said that guys just cope with it and that they have to watch what they say and do in front of the cameras (even though there is A LOT of editing done). He then nodded in the direction of PK, who was signing autographs and taking pictures at the table next to us, and said that HE was pretty much the only player that got a kick out of it

I think as much as fans enjoyed it, it was just too much for players as they had cameras in their face literally 24hrs a day!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Was 24CH even getting great viewership numbers? I gotta think as much as some fans loved it I don't think the audience was overly large. Probably an easy thing to let go if the Winter Classic series is being filmed as well.

Dobber Sports Star

I watched only a few episodes over the course of the show. It was an interesting concept, but I only ended up watching it when I had nothing else to watch. It should be one less distraction now.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Was 24CH even getting great viewership numbers? I gotta think as much as some fans loved it I don't think the audience was overly large. Probably an easy thing to let go if the Winter Classic series is being filmed as well.
    Is it still being filmed?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post

Is it still being filmed?
    EPIX has taken over and has already filmed interviews.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/ho...-for-canadiens

Dobber Sports Giant

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Smith-Pelly will fill in for Kassian on the 4th line, but do you guys think that the Habs may go after Max Talbot here, especially considering the fact that Kassian's salary won't count towards the cap while he's in rehab?
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    On a side note, I'm pretty sure Smith-Pelly will fill in for Kassian on the 4th line, but do you guys think that the Habs may go after Max Talbot here, especially considering the fact that Kassian's salary won't count towards the cap while he's in rehab?
    I guess it depends on how long Kassian is expected to be there because once he exits his cap hit goes back on payroll. If they are going to bother with this they might as well try to snag someone better.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Defensive-minded centers playing on the top two lines is nothing new in the NHL. He's there because he's better than Desharnais.
    Another reason would be that Desharnais clicked very well with Fleischmann (he got a contract from it) and formed a good line during preseaon with Weise. This has helped the Habs spread out their talent on 3 lines and have a good combination of offensive and defensive skill on each line.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Giant

I guess it depends on how long Kassian is expected to be there because once he exits his cap hit goes back on payroll. If they are going to bother with this they might as well try to snag someone better.
    True, but who is ''better'' in your opinion on the market for that 4th line role? I like Vey but I don't think he will be ''good enough'' defensively for Therrien.

Minors: