Page 300 of 607 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 310 350 400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I resisted the urge to set my car on fire.
    So instead, your neighbour woke up to his charred Civic?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    So instead, your neighbour woke up to his charred Civic?
    No comment.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

MB having his season ending presser right now

@CanadiensMTL: "Jeff Petry is a priority for us. I think he fits perfectly with our team. He played some big minutes for us." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo
    @JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin will meet with Therrien and coaching staff next week to try to find a solution to the team's power play woes.
    @JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin: "I can't tell you exactly if or when (Galchenyuk) will be a centreman," reiterating that 27 is more comfortable at the wing.
    @CanadiensMTL: "Will Alex Galchenyuk be a full-time centerman? Only time will tell." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo

m.twitter.com/CanadiensMTL
    Per twitter.

Administrator

Galchenyuk needs to mature a bit and embrace the challenge.

Dobber Sports Genius

Some more.

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin on Galchenyuk "The way he's playing he's telling us where he should be." Implication is 27's not ready 2 handle demands at C.
    @CanadiensMTL: "I have no reason to make any changes when it comes to our coaching staff. They are doing great work." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo
    @JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin didn't directly answer a question about Therrien having the tools to take the team "to the next step".

m.twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl
    LOL

@CanadiensMTL: "We'd like to bring Torrey Mitchell back, if we can. Everything will depend on working within the salary cap." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo
    @CanadiensMTL: "On the whole, Andrei Markov had a good year. We won 50 games. Andrei was a big part of that." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo
    @JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin on centre position: "My reality may not be the same as the Playstation I play at night." Says you don't get a #1 C thru trade
    @JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin on Galchenyuk: "Chucky is not there yet... He might never be a centreman. He might be, he could be."

m.twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl
    @CanadiensMTL: "I don't think there's too much pressure on Carey Price's shoulders. He plays well under pressure. He enjoys it." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo
    @CanadiensMTL: "I'm satisfied with the work Sylvain Lefebvre has done with our young players in Hamilton." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo

@CanadiensMTL: "Michel Therrien is doing exceptional work. I'm disappointed anyone would think otherwise." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo

@CanadiensMTL: "The captaincy debate isn't something we'll talk about today." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin on Tinordi: "I wouldn't say he took a step back, but (28 & 64) took steps forward...He is a part of this team moving forward"
    @CanadiensMTL: "It isn't so much that Jarred Tinordi took a step back this year. It's that Nathan and Greg took a step forward." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo
    @CanadiensMTL: "I'm very satisfied with Jacob De La Rose. I see him as a player who's capable of playing multiple positions." - Marc Bergevin #GoHabsGo
    @JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs Bergevin says Price would be the type of return requested by GMs willing to deal a number one centre. "That's not an option."
    @FriedgeHNIC: Bergevin says he told Manny Malhotra, Mike Weaver and Sergei Gonchar that they will not be back. Thanks them for their help.

Per twitter.

Dobber Sports Genius

Galchenyuk needs to mature a bit and embrace the challenge.
    The inconsistencies sometimes get me too. A couple shifts of genius followed by 2-3 games of ineffectiveness. Personally, I still have a boatload of patience for him though. The boy hasn't even turned 21 yet.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    The inconsistencies sometimes get me too. A couple shifts of genius followed by 2-3 games of ineffectiveness. Personally, I still have a boatload of patience for him though. The boy hasn't even turned 21 yet.
    The way Bergevin/Therrien keep addressing it leads me to think that it's Galchenyuk's choice to play wing. I get that he is still developing but at some point I wonder if there's a character flaw where he is most comfortable playing a lesser role. It's not the end of the world as most NHLers fit this mold. It just prevents him from realizing his potential.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow. Well I sure hope that isnt the case. It is head scratcher though. Here is what John Lu came up with.

@JohnLuTSNMtl: It's only my opinion but #Habs Bergevin casting doubt about Galchenyuk as a C could be a negotiating ploy heading into RFA talks. 1/2
    @JohnLuTSNMtl: 2/2 Remember how #Habs Bergevin offered faint praise about Subban at the end of his bridge deal? "POTENTIAL to be a core player," he said.
    Per twitter.

Administrator

Gonchar, Malhotra and Weaver will not be re-signed. No surprise here given the way they were used.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Wow. Well I sure hope that isnt the case. It is head scratcher though. Here is what John Lu came up with.

Per twitter.
    It's for sure part of the negotiations. I've just seen more that makes me think that maybe he prefers being kept out of the spotlight.

Dobber Sports Genius

Administrator

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...ook-no.-2.html

Apparently the Habs are a possible destination for Kerby Rychel as Columbus would like to upgrade its D. Not sure what to make of this but it's out there.

Dobber Sports Star

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...ook-no.-2.html

Apparently the Habs are a possible destination for Kerby Rychel as Columbus would like to upgrade its D. Not sure what to make of this but it's out there.
    There's also a rumor including Plekanec: http://www.gohabsgo.com/2015/05/20/t...the-canadiens/

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    There's also a rumor including Plekanec: http://www.gohabsgo.com/2015/05/20/t...the-canadiens/
    One can only hope!

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    i hear his turtleneck has a NTC