Page 296 of 607 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 306 346 396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think DSP should be back on the PP. He didn't score, but in the first two games against Ottawa, he had a lot of chances. They don't need to score on the PP, but they can't have it break momentum.
    Not to mention he won't continue the perimeter BS.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Good news is they have a couple of days to work on the PP. The bad news is that it looks like a couple of months practice couldn't get this PP going.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Good news is they have a couple of days to work on the PP. The bad news is that it looks like a couple of months practice couldn't get this PP going.
    They've only been working on it since October. Give it time.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Well you know what they say, you're not in trouble till you lose on home ice. That's good news because now the series shifts to OH SHIT THE HABS HAD HOME ICE ADVANTAGE???

Dobber Sports Star

I don't think they have what it takes now with their dried up offence to get out of this series. And now it looks like Stamkos found his groove... doesn't look good. But they're usually solid defensively, so you never know.

Administrator

Don't get too carried away about the 6-2 score. They're down 2-0.

Dobber Sports Star

I don't mind the 6-2 score, it happens to every team. It's that 2 goals for that scares me.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I don't mind the 6-2 score, it happens to every team. It's that 2 goals for that scares me.
    Well said!

I watched (and analyzed) both games and I can say that they were both polar opposites IMO. I feel game 1 was dominated by them, whereas yesterday, they were playing Tampa's game and could not keep up.

Their success this year came when they played as a unit and found ways to score. We all know that they are struggling on the PP, but they are not putting it in at 5on5 either now. That, combined with the fact that Price can't give them goose eegs on every given night, is putting them in a dangerous position...

This series needs a big momentum shift if the Habs want to stand a chance of going through to the next round (fluke goal that hurts Bishop's confidence, injury to a key Tampa player, hot streak by a Habs scorer...)

With that being said, The Lightning are one heck of a team. It's no surprise some experts pegged them to win it all. Montreal is not the best team in this series, let alone in the playoffs, but they do have the best goalie and tend to rise when their backs are against the wall.

Let's just hope there is enough playoff magic to help steer the ship back to glory!

Go Habs Go!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Expert

In game 1, the Habs got Habed (Outshot/outchance the opposition but ran into a hot goalie).

In game 2, the Habs lost the special team game. They went blank on the PP, while TB's PP was clicking. At even-strength it wasn't that bad.

I think in game 3, Therrien needs to let Subban free. The Habs are unable to do a clean zone breakout, whether it's MTL's fault or TB's forecheck is effective. Subban has the ability to get the puck out of the zone with his skating ability but you can clearly see that he doesn't have the green light to do it. He did have it in the third period last night, and it led to the only scoring chances the Habs got. Dave Cameron gives Karlsson the green light all the time, it's now Therrien's opportunity to do the same to Subban.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Genius

One goal in game 1 on flubbed shot, two goals in game 2, both by defenseman.

Administrator

After the mass hysteria that came with Desharnais not taking his flight to Tampa, he has now taken a flight to rejoin his team. Swerve!!!

Dobber Sports Guru

Fun fact: Only Weise, MaxPac and Gilbert have scored more than one goal this entire playoffs.

I think Markov is the key to everything. He has just one assist so far. If he can get going, it will help spark the forwards.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think Markov is the key to everything. He has just one assist so far. If he can get going, it will help spark the forwards.
    http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Easte...onference-2015

Hopefully this isn't all my fault...

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Easte...onference-2015

Hopefully this isn't all my fault...
    We'll know who to blame if it doesn't work out

Dobber Sports Expert

Oh boy! Markov has been horrendous during these playoffs. He's always behind the play and can't seem to find his groove back. I hope he finds it soon or the Habs are done.
    twitter: @hugotwigg