Page 203 of 607 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The scenario is the same as if a guy gets tripped up on a breakaway or (I think) if a stick had been thrown towards the puck. Plek's scoring chance was broken up so he had to be the guy taking the penalty shot. Having a guy close his hand on the puck in the crease doesn't ruin any particular scoring chance so there isn't one specific player that would get the nod automatically.
    NHL official rules
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26308

24 - the penalty shot

24.3 Designated Player – In cases where a penalty shot has been awarded to a player specifically fouled, that player shall be designated by the Referee to take the penalty shot.

In all other cases where a penalty shot has been awarded, the penalty shot shall be taken by a player selected by the Captain of the non-offending team from the players on the ice at the time when the foul was committed. Such selection shall be reported to the Referee and cannot be changed.

If by reason of injury, the player designated by the Referee to take the penalty shot is unable to do so within a reasonable time, the shot may be taken by a player selected by the Captain of the non-offending team from the players on the ice when the foul was committed. Such selection shall be reported to the Referee and cannot be changed.

Should the player in respect to whom a penalty shot has been awarded himself commit a foul in connection with the same play or circumstances, either before or after the penalty shot has been awarded, be designated to take the shot, he shall first be permitted to do so before being sent to the penalty bench to serve the penalty except when such penalty is for a game misconduct or match penalty in which case the penalty shot shall be taken by a player selected by the Captain of the non-offending team from the players on the ice at the time when the foul was committed.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    NHL official rules

24 - the penalty shot

24.3 Designated Player – In cases where a penalty shot has been awarded to a player specifically fouled, that player shall be designated by the Referee to take the penalty shot.

In all other cases where a penalty shot has been awarded, the penalty shot shall be taken by a player selected by the Captain of the non-offending team from the players on the ice at the time when the foul was committed. Such selection shall be reported to the Referee and cannot be changed.

If by reason of injury, the player designated by the Referee to take the penalty shot is unable to do so within a reasonable time, the shot may be taken by a player selected by the Captain of the non-offending team from the players on the ice when the foul was committed. Such selection shall be reported to the Referee and cannot be changed.

Should the player in respect to whom a penalty shot has been awarded himself commit a foul in connection with the same play or circumstances, either before or after the penalty shot has been awarded, be designated to take the shot, he shall first be permitted to do so before being sent to the penalty bench to serve the penalty except when such penalty is for a game misconduct or match penalty in which case the penalty shot shall be taken by a player selected by the Captain of the non-offending team from the players on the ice at the time when the foul was committed.
    Yeah so in this case Plekanec was "fouled" (whatever that means... must be Bettman's NBA background) so he was automatically given the penalty shot.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    NHL official rules

24 - the penalty shot

63.5 Penalty Shot - If the goal post is deliberately displaced by a goalkeeper or player during the course of a “breakaway,” a penalty shot will be awarded to the non-offending team, which shot shall be taken by the player last in possession of the puck.

In that particular case, the penalty shot was not awarded because of a abreakaway, but because there was less than 2 minutes to be played in regulation.

Dobber Sports Pro

Am I the only one to think that, in the last 2 minutes of play, the team should have the option to either go for the penalty shot or get the 2-min PP? Let's say it wasn't Plekanec who was the last to touch the puck for the Habs but someone like Parros or Gorges, do the Habs really want one of those guys to take a penalty shot over getting a full 2-min PP with their skill players?

That rule seems odd to me.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Am I the only one to think that, in the last 2 minutes of play, the team should have the option to either go for the penalty shot or get the 2-min PP? Let's say it wasn't Plekanec who was the last to touch the puck for the Habs but someone like Parros or Gorges, do the Habs really want one of those guys to take a penalty shot over getting a full 2-min PP with their skill players?

That rule seems odd to me.
    It's an odd rule but it rarely comes up and everyone follows the same rule so I don't really think about it much.

Administrator

Fantasy analysis of Desharnais in cap leagues included in my weekly column:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...ross-contracts

Dobber Sports Guru

Fantasy analysis of Desharnais in cap leagues included in my weekly column:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...ross-contracts
    Nice article. I almost wrote about DD for the Friday Forensics column tomorrow. Glad I didn't now.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Nice article. I almost wrote about DD for the Friday Forensics column tomorrow. Glad I didn't now.
    You could still do it. I didn't go too much into specific numbers. No forensics work was done during the construction of my article.

Dobber Sports Guru

You could still do it. I didn't go too much into specific numbers. No forensics work was done during the construction of my article.
    Yeah, I understand that, but I try not to have someone who has already been on the site that week, to try and keep getting new content for the reader.

I wrote most of it last night. This one will be about Brad Marchand.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yeah, I understand that, but I try not to have someone who has already been on the site that week, to try and keep getting new content for the reader.

I wrote most of it last night. This one will be about Brad Marchand.
    The title should be Brad nose best.

Dobber Sports Pro

That was a good piece, Eric.

I understand why DD is back in the lineup tonight but wow has he been bad so far this year. The effort and intensity just doesn't seem there and the vision he had back in his great season seems to have disappeared. I hope he can rediscover his chemistry with Patches because otherwise, he'll be a very big burden for the Habs.

Dobber Sports Guru

The title should be Brad nose best.
    That's pretty good. The original title was "I've seen teams suck before but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked." But that felt a little too long.

Administrator

That was a good piece, Eric.

I understand why DD is back in the lineup tonight but wow has he been bad so far this year. The effort and intensity just doesn't seem there and the vision he had back in his great season seems to have disappeared. I hope he can rediscover his chemistry with Patches because otherwise, he'll be a very big burden for the Habs.
    I still like the player but in fantasy leagues do you want Desharnais at 40 points for 3.5 million or Rob Klinkhammer at 30-35 points for 600k with the chance to use the extra money for further roster improvements?

BTW Klinkhammer is just one example. Too many others out there. I just have nightmares about Klink being the primary cause of my H2H loss in week 1. Dude was a star that week.

Dobber Sports Pro

I still like the player but in fantasy leagues do you want Desharnais at 40 points for 3.5 million or Rob Klinkhammer at 30-35 points for 600k with the chance to use the extra money for further roster improvements?

BTW Klinkhammer is just one example. Too many others out there. I just have nightmares about Klink being the primary cause of my H2H loss in week 1. Dude was a star that week.
    Plus, his name is just awesome.

Administrator

Plus, his name is just awesome.
    I'm not sure how a family ends up with that name.