Page 62 of 244 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Sens are fading fast... wouldn't shock me if they slipped out of the playoffs.
    Nah, it happens every year, just like last year. They play like they did tonight and they'll win most games. Just no luck tonight.

Still very little chance they miss the playoffs with the shitty teams behind them.

Banned

just wish they'd play Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg more as that line is the best line on the team by a wide margin.

The Magnificent One

so we seeing a finish for lehner this year or will he still get a few starts down the stretch?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

How's Turris these last few games? He's on my bench and glad since he hasn't done anything this week but I'm thinking I might play him next week. Is he still getting chances? I noticed he had 5 SOG in tonight's game. Were they quality shots?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Sens are fading fast... wouldn't shock me if they slipped out of the playoffs.
    BLAYZE!!!...I love you man, but lets not go there!!!!
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    just wish they'd play Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg more as that line is the best line on the team by a wide margin.
    Yeah, I agree....the goal they scored was a beauty..
    REDRUM

LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    How's Turris these last few games? He's on my bench and glad since he hasn't done anything this week but I'm thinking I might play him next week. Is he still getting chances? I noticed he had 5 SOG in tonight's game. Were they quality shots?
    Turris could have easily had a goal...Clemmenson made a real good save. He seems a little desperate with some of his passes....a couple were awful close to tough giveaways. I'd sure like to see him string a few strong games together that had results as ar as points go....would do a world or his confidence.
    REDRUM

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    so we seeing a finish for lehner this year or will he still get a few starts down the stretch?
    I agree with Ev, they have been under estimated all year long, so I think they hold on and make the playoffs. But if it starts getting close, i think they are gonna roll with Anderson. If they can make it a little more comfortable, then I think you see Lehner. Its not a matter of not being confident in Lehner, I think its one of those situations where you roll with your #1 guys....and Anderson has earned that spot.

But thats just my best guess at it....
    REDRUM

Banned

IMO Zibanejad making a case for 2nd line C next season and could shift Turris to top line RW. But if that doesn't happen,having Zibanejad as a 3C is ridiculous. He is on a 50 point pace in his first season and plays the whole rink.

Banned

also just found the best avatar hahahahaha

Dobber Sports Stud

also just found the best avatar hahahahaha
    HA.. I was wondering who had this goofy avatar.. Looks like a keeper to me! And I agree that would be a gritty 3rd scoring line for sure!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ninja

Zibanejad will be a Calder nominee by the end ofthe year.
    I don't believe this will happen. I like Zibanejad and he has a very bright future, but he got too late of a start to realistically be a consideration for the Calder.

He has 9 pts in his last 8 gp and 19 points in 32 games. Averaging 13:21 ice time.

Brandon Saad has 18 pts in his last 16 gp (8 in the last 8 for comparision) and 23 pts in 37 gp on the year. Good for third in rookie scoring. Averaging 16:09 ice time (shows value to the team in my opinion).

Jonathan Huberdeau. Leading all rookies in goals (13) and points (27) in 39 gp.

Cory Conacher is second in rookie scoring with 25 pts in 37 gp.

Justin Schultz is the leading rookie D with 20 pts in 38 gp and gets 21:36 ice time per game.

Jonas Brodin leads all rookies in avg TOI at 22:52 while playing on the top pairing in Minny with Ryan Suter. He only has 9 pts in 35 gp, but there is talk that he will be a Calder nominee.

I just can't see Zibanejad being top 3 in that group. I know you said nominee, not finalist, but I thought it was worthwhile posting just how good this year's rookie crop is at the top.

There's still Gallagher, Yakupov and Killorn that are having decent first years as well, at least in my eyes. I guess Jake Allen is the top rookie G with Victor Fasth is ineligible for the Calder.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I don't believe this will happen. I like Zibanejad and he has a very bright future, but he got too late of a start to realistically be a consideration for the Calder.

He has 9 pts in his last 8 gp and 19 points in 32 games. Averaging 13:21 ice time.

Brandon Saad has 18 pts in his last 16 gp (8 in the last 8 for comparision) and 23 pts in 37 gp on the year. Good for third in rookie scoring. Averaging 16:09 ice time (shows value to the team in my opinion).

Jonathan Huberdeau. Leading all rookies in goals (13) and points (27) in 39 gp.

Cory Conacher is second in rookie scoring with 25 pts in 37 gp.

Justin Schultz is the leading rookie D with 20 pts in 38 gp and gets 21:36 ice time per game.

Jonas Brodin leads all rookies in avg TOI at 22:52 while playing on the top pairing in Minny with Ryan Suter. He only has 9 pts in 35 gp, but there is talk that he will be a Calder nominee.

I just can't see Zibanejad being top 3 in that group. I know you said nominee, not finalist, but I thought it was worthwhile posting just how good this year's rookie crop is at the top.

There's still Gallagher, Yakupov and Killorn that are having decent first years as well, at least in my eyes. I guess Jake Allen is the top rookie G with Victor Fasth is ineligible for the Calder.
    I agree with everything you said. I just think that if (if) Zibanejad kept up his recent pace, he should at be at least considered. He plays a complete game at 19, and a 50 point pace is no slouch for a rookie Euro, especially since he started off slow. I think if he were to get the same number of points as a Saad ,for example, with less ice time, it would be a bit more impressive, especially considering the calibre of his current line mates and teammates. Saad plays on a stacked line at the moment.

IMO it shouldn't be just about points, but it will be. The most impressive rookies in my eyes have been Brodin, Zibanejad, Saad, Galagher, and Huberdeau. Silfverberg has been great too but Zibanejad is a better player.

I hope Brodin can challenge because I was probably his biggest horn tooter on this site.

Banned

sweet, another NHL game decided by garbage refs!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

sweet, another NHL game decided by garbage refs!
    You have to give credit to Stamkos... can't believe he scored a goal after getting shot by a hidden sniper on the previous play.

JFK ain't got shit on Stamkos!