Page 33 of 244 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Administrator

I was reading this article this morning, and although I'm skeptical of some of the rumours given who wrote this, I found it interesting to read that Ottawa allegedly kicked the tires asking about Rick Nash earlier in the year, only to be rebuffed by an asking price of "Mika Zibanejad, Mark Stone, a first-round pick and a roster player"...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19809506.html
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    I was reading this article this morning, and although I'm skeptical of some of the rumours given who wrote this, I found it interesting to read that Ottawa allegedly kicked the tires asking about Rick Nash earlier in the year, only to be rebuffed by an asking price of "Mika Zibanejad, Mark Stone, a first-round pick and a roster player"...

I'm all for trying to acquire top players to speed things up a bit, but now is not the right time for a move like that...especially giving up 3 solid potential core players. Shows how much they like Stone too.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post

I'd look at who wrote it first. They guy doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to trade talk.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hahaha, Garrioch... That's funny!
    GO WINGS!

Banned

GM Bryan Murray told the media today that the club will not be looking to bring back Filip Kuba.

Options for the Sens on July 1st include Jason Garrison, Barrett Jackman, Bryan Allen, and Milan Jurcina.

Depending on who/if they sign anybody, Jared Cowen may get more of an offensive role next year. He was very good when Kuba was injured last year. Had a nice point total while Kuba was out of the lineup.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    GM Bryan Murray told the media today that the club will not be looking to bring back Filip Kuba.

Options for the Sens on July 1st include Jason Garrison, Barrett Jackman, Bryan Allen, and Milan Jurcina.

Depending on who/if they sign anybody, Jared Cowen may get more of an offensive role next year. He was very good when Kuba was injured last year. Had a nice point total while Kuba was out of the lineup.
    nice info, thanks! I wondered what kind of jump Cowen would get this year. I agree that he looked great when Kuba was out.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

The Great One

Yeah, he did look good, and played a lot of PP time too, but that 4 point game Cowen got while Kuba was out is kind of deceiving.

Saying that, I could see Cowen develop into a pretty good offensive defender in a couple years (2-3). Tricky guy to read of offensive numbers though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Yeah, he did look good, and played a lot of PP time too, but that 4 point game Cowen got while Kuba was out is kind of deceiving.

Saying that, I could see Cowen develop into a pretty good offensive defender in a couple years (2-3). Tricky guy to read of offensive numbers though.
    I've always likened him to Marc Staal and I think he can be better than that offensively given the system and the support he will have. He focused on D in his rookie year and o expect his offense to come along nice and slow once he starts using his shot some more. Like Chara many years ago, he is still raw.

Dobber Sports Genius

One more ELC has been negotiated by the Murray's as JG Pageau has just signed his 3 year contract.

A 4th rounder in last years draft, the little munchkin was rewarded for his good season and hard work with Gatineau and Chicoutimi. Plans for next year are most likely to be returned to the QMJHL as an over-ager; but he could surprise with a gruelling offseason and play in Bingo.

Ottawa 67's Shane Prince is sure to follow on the ELC train.

Leaving the organization is 2010 4th rounder RW Marcus Sorenson, as he was not offered an ELC. He is free to enter the draft again.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Whats the take on Bobby Butler for next season and moving foward? i think we all expected more this past season, can he still produce at a higher level or is what we see what we get here? future 2nd liner or lower level player?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    Whats the take on Bobby Butler for next season and moving foward? i think we all expected more this past season, can he still produce at a higher level or is what we see what we get here? future 2nd liner or lower level player?
    I don't see where he fits in to the Sens so I could see him being used as a spare piece in a trade. He didn't work hard enough last off-season so he needs to do that if he has any hopes of keeping a spot on the active roster.

Banned

The Sens brought at least 4 draft eligible goalies into town for further evalution + meetings:

Andrei Vasilevski, Malcolm Subban, Daniel Altshuller, and Francois Brassard.

Vasilevski surprises me as they usually stay away from the Russians. But I guess they like what they have seen both on-ice and while meeting with him.

Also, here's a video showing a behind the scenes look at the Sens recent amateur scouting meetings (discussing North American players only).

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

Based on the video, some inferences can be made (or not). They could be talking about Olli Maatta when one scout mentions how much a player has gone up on Pierre Dorion's ranking because of one game. They could be discussing Brendan Gaunce when talking about a player who will be a third line guy (potentially a second) with some skating issues. Lastly, they are most certainly talking about Mikhail Grigorenko when they mention they let him do everything and it hurt him, and at the end of the video when the one scout says "this is a special player, will play next year, and we should trade up to get him".

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Leaving the organization is 2010 4th rounder RW Marcus Sorenson, as he was not offered an ELC. He is free to enter the draft again.
    Kind of surprised about this tbh. He's a huge longshot and more than likely will never sniff the NHL but he's an intriguing sleeper type player who's been developing well the last two years. Wonder where he'll go in the draft this year.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The Sens brought at least 4 draft eligible goalies into town for further evalution + meetings:

Andrei Vasilevski, Malcolm Subban, Daniel Altshuller, and Francois Brassard.

Vasilevski surprises me as they usually stay away from the Russians. But I guess they like what they have seen both on-ice and while meeting with him.

Also, here's a video showing a behind the scenes look at the Sens recent amateur scouting meetings (discussing North American players only).

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

Based on the video, some inferences can be made (or not). They could be talking about Olli Maatta when one scout mentions how much a player has gone up on Pierre Dorion's ranking because of one game. They could be discussing Brendan Gaunce when talking about a player who will be a third line guy (potentially a second) with some skating issues. Lastly, they are most certainly talking about Mikhail Grigorenko when they mention they let him do everything and it hurt him, and at the end of the video when the one scout says "this is a special player, will play next year, and we should trade up to get him".
    Great video. Thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Kind of surprised about this tbh. He's a huge longshot and more than likely will never sniff the NHL but he's an intriguing sleeper type player who's been developing well the last two years. Wonder where he'll go in the draft this year.
    I doubt he's drafted again. He's not yet good enough for the SEL.