Page 32 of 244 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    You watching? Good game so far, bad stream though from my end.

Silfverberg has both Brynas goals, but they trail 3-2 after 2. 3rd period starting now.

Silfverberg has 11 playoff goals and is one goal away from tying the SEL playoffs all-time record...help by Daniel Alfredsson of course.
    no it was too choppy for me (today I need HD or its no good lol)

Dobber Sports Genius

There is nothing that hasn't already been said about Jakob Silfverberg, so first just let me run down his list of accomplishments this season:

- Le Mat Trophy (SEL Champions)
    - Playoff MVP
    - Set record for goals in one playoff year with 13 goals. Record was 12 held by Alfie
    - Regular season MVP (Golden Helmet award)
    - 2nd youngest player to ever win the Golden Helmet award
    - Youngest Co-Captain in "Brynas IF" history

56 seconds video of team celebration and Silfverberg's game-winning goal today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kgIt...ature=youtu.be

Great 1:51 video of Silverberg interview on the ice after winning the other "Golden Helmet" (Le Mat Trophy). In this clip, he basically says that this entire season and the accolades, both individual and team, are the perfect way to end his career in the SEL:
    http://www.the6thsens.com/2012-artic...us-update.html

Silfverberg could be ready to play in Game 6 if all things get worked out between Ottawa, Brynas and Silfverberg at the earliest. Don't bet on him playing at all in Round 1 though.

Please do not compare Silfverberg's season to that of Rundblad's last season. Do not compare anything about the two players actually.

Everything about Silfverberg smells like Top 6 LW in the NHL for years and years to come. Is essentially as close to Alfie's replacement as they come in relatively short-order. Leadership ability and God-like status of Alfie to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by notch4077; April 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He also set a record for most goals in a SEL final series.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    He also set a record for most goals in a SEL final series.
    He also set a record for most consecutive nights I've thought about him before finally falling asleep. 133.

Banned

No Alfie for Game 5. Mark Stone making the trip and will probably draw in for his first NHL game. Either him or Mike Hoffman.

Silfverberg leaving Sweden Sunday and is unlikely to play in this series I would say.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Alfie and Silfverberg will both play tonight. Looks like Stone will sit.
    10-team - 1yr, h2h Yahoo! - 2 Waiver pickups/week
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily starts: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2 UTIL, 2G, 6BE

C: B.Richards, Grabovski, MacKinnon, Kesler
    LW: Vanek(RW), Pacioretty,
    RW: Ovechkin, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Neil
    D: Letang, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Crawford, Price, Pavelec
    IR: R. Nash

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Well, if you are going to qualify for the playoffs with 3 games remaining in the playoffs, why not pick your opponent?

The Sens didn't do that obviously but heading into the final day of the season, there was a plausible scenario where the Sens could end up facing the Rangers, instead of Boston.

The needed outcomes:
    - Sens lose in regulation to the Devils
    - Washington wins against the Rangers
    - Florida gets at least 1 point in against Carolina

Check, check and check.

Why do most Sens fans prefer a 1st round matchup with the Rangers over Boston? Where do I start?

There are many reasons:

Boston knows how to win in the playoffs. Some think they were just biding their time and just waiting for the postseason to start. The Rangers and Lundqvist more importantly, has only won 2 playoff series'. He has beaten the Thrashers and the Devils. His playoff numbers are nowhere near his regular season numbers.
    I realize choosing between the Bruins and Rangers is trying to pick the lesser of two evils, but everything about the Bruins is/was a bad matchup for Ottawa. Robin Lehner is the only Sens goalie to beat them this season.
    Let's look at Sens starting goalie Craig Anderson, his career stats in Madison Square Gardens facing the Rangers at home...are you ready for this? 6 GP, 6 Wins, 1.14 GAA, .965 SV% with 2 shutouts. He has yet to lose against the Rangers in their own barn. Now he is not that good at home against the Rangers, winning only 1 of 4 games, but you can't ignore my previous sentence. On the other hand, Anderson in Boston, not so good. 2 wins, 3 losses, 3.64, .901 SV%. His career against Boston 3-8, 3.45 GAA, .899 SV%.

This season, the Sens are 3 and 1 against the Rangers. We have been able to control and dictate long stretches of play and have made Lundqvist seem human as he went 1-1-1 with a 2.92 GAA and a .905 SV%. Biron was horrible in the one game he started against Ottawa.

Useless stat of the day - Only 2 Sens players are minus on the year against NYR and they are Neil with a -1 and Cowen at -2. Compare that to the 20 minus players the Rangers have against Ottawa with Richards and Fedtenko leading the way at -5.

Final score of the season series was 14-8 for Ottawa. Shots were 117-107 for the Sens

Either way, Sens are in tough, but with the date with the Rangers booked, I prefer our chances against them, versus the Bruins. Be happy Sens fans, and bring on the Rangers.

Can't wait.
    Rewind to this post I made on the last day of the regular season and let's focus on the bolded portion.

Most Sens fans wanted 3 plausible outcomes to happen on the final day of the regular season. We wanted a Washington win, a Florida win and sadly, were fine with an Ottawa loss. All three things happened and the favored 1st round matchup with the Rangers was the result. The series has been everything we figured and concludes tomorrow night.

But before the 1st round can be completed, Sens fans are once again asking for help from the same Capitals and Panthers players. You see, if Ottawa had their choice in 2nd round opponents, you can bet we prefer a matchup with Florida over that of the Bruins or Philly.

Washington just beat Boston, so 1 of 3 checks have been completed.

But in reality, who cares? First things first, GO SENS GO!!! Lots of work to be done tomorrow night...and yes, I may be going to MSG to cheer on the Sens. I won't know until 6AM tomorrow morning if indeed, I am on my way to Broadway.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So, Notch, are you going? If so, reprazent!

Dobber Sports Padawan

you Sen fans must be going crazy right now! Just tuned in for the last 5 minutes and the senators have had so many chances! Are the Rangers fatigued or playing safe to win?

Dobber Sports Monster

Good run by the Sens, lots to build from this season!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Messier Scowl View Post
    So, Notch, are you going? If so, reprazent!
    Nope. The tickets I had a line on, were given away to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by kluu View Post
    you Sen fans must be going crazy right now! Just tuned in for the last 5 minutes and the senators have had so many chances! Are the Rangers fatigued or playing safe to win?
    Just a great sequence by Ottawa is all. They had a couple of them late in the game...both of which you probably saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Good run by the Sens, lots to build from this season!!
    Beauty season. Couldn't realistically, ask for anymore.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I put up a question about Silfverberg in the Prospects forum. I think I'll repeat it here. Who's the top Sens prospect to own for next year? Sifverberg, Stone, or Z?

It says a lot about Sifverberg that he was playing with Spezz and Michalek in the last 5 min of a game 7. However, I must admit I was surprised Stone didn't get another shot in the series.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I put up a question about Silfverberg in the Prospects forum. I think I'll repeat it here. Who's the top Sens prospect to own for next year? Sifverberg, Stone, or Z?

It says a lot about Sifverberg that he was playing with Spezz and Michalek in the last 5 min of a game 7. However, I must admit I was surprised Stone didn't get another shot in the series.
    Without a shadow of doubt, your answer is Silfverberg. Stone and Zibanejad will see the majority of thier time in the AHL in my opinion.

Silfverberg was begged to stay in North America this season. Next season, a spot in the Top 6 is his and as we saw in these playoffs, probably top line.

Dobber Sports Master

Close, but no cigar. This season can be considering nothing short of a success for the Sens.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Genius

I posted this in the Ramblings, but might as well do it here too.

Ottawa has signed Swedish defenceman Fredrik Claesson to a 3-year ELC.

The 2011 5th Rounder played with his future Sens teammate Mika Zibanejad (2011, 6th overall) in Sweden this season with the pitiful Djurgardens team that ended up relegated to Hockey Allsvenskan — the second division of Swedish hockey — for 2012-13.

Claesson is basically a defensive beast - there is nothing about the defensive game he doesn't excel at. Offensively, he is limited, but an NHLer he will be. When you can say that about a 5th round selection, you know you did something right. Kudos to Bryan Murray and his team of scouts yet again.

Welcome to North America and Bingo next season.