Page 27 of 244 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    He was ready and Sens management wanted him in the NHL but he felt he would play too small a role and that his development would be served better by staying another year in the SEL.
    Yup, that is why I used the word "admittedly", hoping to convey the fact that is was Silfverberg's decision entirely.

PS. You should add Silfverberg to your signature, very few people remember the "f".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Spezza missed the morning skate today, but according to Ian Mendes will play tonight. Seems to me MacLean has lately been giving Karlsson and Spezza in particular some practice days off to keep them fresh and let them heal the bumps and bruises.
    Also could be because that skier who died the other day was a very good friend of the Spezzas.

Dobber Sports Genius

Spezza missed the morning skate today, but according to Ian Mendes will play tonight. Seems to me MacLean has lately been giving Karlsson and Spezza in particular some practice days off to keep them fresh and let them heal the bumps and bruises.
    I heard Karlsson has been going to 10am, anger management classes, something to do with his new-found need to viscously 2-hand slash opponents.

Joke.

Banned

Andrej Sustr will be staying in school according to his agent.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I heard Karlsson has been going to 10am, anger management classes, something to do with his new-found need to viscously 2-hand slash opponents.

Joke.

LOL

You have to imagine that Karlsson, as this year has progressed, has been the victim of many more slashes and jabs than he's meted out. Teams must know they need to slow him down any way they can.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Genius

LOL

You have to imagine that Karlsson, as this year has progressed, has been the victim of many more slashes and jabs than he's meted out. Teams must know they need to slow him down any way they can.
    I watch it game after game. He has been handling the slashes, jabs, pokes really well, that and being called a diver by Idiot Ref Dan O’Rourke; Karlsson has definitely been cool as ice this season, until recently.

Dobber Sports Genius

Craig Anderson took full practice today and apparently looked sharp and comfortable according to the world of Twitter.

Paul MacLean said that he doubts Anderson will play Saturday, but said that he is close.

Another quote by MacLean, which doesn't really give any hint towards the return date, but does speak to how busy they want Anderson to be when he returns, is, "Of the 11 games left we'd like him to play as many as he can."

Those fantasy managers that are getting some extra starts because of Bishop, might want to look at other options for March 20th and beyond, maybe March 23rd at the latest.

Banned

Matt Puempel sent to Binghamton for the rest of the year. Really like Matt, and he is probably the hardest working/character prospects the Sens have. Really unlucky the last 2 years with injuries and a suspension. He is fully healthy now after missing the last 2 and a half months or so with a concussion.

Hope he succeeds in Binghamton because he deserves it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Uber prospect and reigning SEL MVP (as voted by the players) Jakob Silfverberg scored two very important goals (including the OT winner) in winning todays game against Frolunda and clinching a spot in the finals against defending champions Farjestad.

Highlights (hilarious gloves on fight in here) can be found here (in Swedish):
    http://www.elitserienplay.se/video.1523194956001

Silfverberg will be in Ottawa next season, his two-way play almost assures him of that. We are not talking about a David Rundblad situation again, as most of us knew Rundblad had holes in his game. Silfverberg is as close to being ready as we can guess based on his play with the puck, strength, balance, shot, skating, (not great speed), and awareness on the ice.

If Silfverberg is available in your keeper league and you want a prospect that will get his chances next season, you need to draft him after the more well-known players are off the board.

Dobber Sports Genius

Why does Buffalo have to make things interesting?

The Sens magic number remains at 12. That means that the combination of Sens points gained and Sabres points missed out on, if they equal 12 or more the rest of the season, the Sens are in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Guru

Hey Ev,(or sentium if you are around)
    just read this article over on hockey writers about the top 10 sens prospects and while they arent negative about Silfverberg they also arent overly positive about his offensive upside. What would your response to their characterization be?

http://thehockeywriters.com/ottawa-s...ten-prospects/

3. Jakob Silfverberg, Right Wing, 21, 6’1”, 187Lbs, Brynas (Sweden)

Yet another young Swedish prospect in the Ottawa system. Perhaps Silfverberg does not have as much upside potential or fantasy value as other prospects in Ottawa’s system, but he is much closer to entering the NHL. Now at 21 years old the Senators desperately wanted him to come to North America this season. Silfverberg choose to fulfill his final year of his contract with Brynas and not risk playing in the AHL. There is no doubt he will join the organization next year and challenge for a roster spot. The young Swede is another solid two-way forward whose greatest asset is his hockey smarts. Being responsible defensively and playing a physical style of hockey should help him transition to North America well. This season he has 24 goals, 30 assists for 54 points in 49 games for Brynas.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ignorance. 99 times out of a 100 that kind of articles are written after some stat wanking and not watching the players in question.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Ignorance. 99 times out of a 100 that kind of articles are written after some stat wanking and not watching the players in question.
    thank you!! thats what I suspected and wanted some re-inforcement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    thank you!! thats what I suspected and wanted some re-inforcement.
    actually written by dobber member pharling

http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=128955

Dobber Sports Icon

Spezza back in the lineup tonight. Let's hope he comes up big when the Sens need him most (not to mention his fantasy owners!)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper