Page 25 of 244 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Thanks Hybrid! I just hope this will be confirmed before tomorrow as I need to pick him today if he's the starter...
    Pick him up now!!! Starting against Tampa Bay - Stamkos vs Bishop. I can't wait.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Pick him up now!!! Starting against Tampa Bay - Stamkos vs Bishop. I can't wait.
    Yeah, I saw this yesterday and I picked him up. I really hope he makes a big splash right of the bat!

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, I saw this yesterday and I picked him up. I really hope he makes a big splash right of the bat!
    Meh, even if he doesn't have a great first game, I wouldn't get frustrated and make any rush decisions in dropping him. Stick with him, ride out this season and into 2012-13 if you can. He will be the full-time backup to Anderson next season in Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Giant

Meh, even if he doesn't have a great first game, I wouldn't get frustrated and make any rush decisions in dropping him. Stick with him, ride out this season and into 2012-13 if you can. He will be the full-time backup to Anderson next season in Ottawa.
    Oh for sure! I own him in two league and he's definitely a must keep in my dynasty league (in my sig). In my limited pts only keeper (we're keeping only 6 guys), he's my 4th goalie right now and I could dump him at one time depending how he goes.

Can't wait to see him tonight!

Dobber Sports Genius

Oh for sure! I own him in two league and he's definitely a must keep in my dynasty league (in my sig). In my limited pts only keeper (we're keeping only 6 guys), he's my 4th goalie right now and I could dump him at one time depending how he goes.

Can't wait to see him tonight!
    He looked much more relaxed last night in making 25 of 26 saves against the Rags. The Sens came away with a 4-1 win.

The playoffs are a given at this point for the Sens and it is safe to say, with Toronto and Montreal out of the playoffs, the Sens will be Eastern Canada's team once again.

Why do they Devils have to keep winning? We want the 6th seed.

Would anyone want to see a 1st round matchup of 6th seeded Ottawa versus Division winner Winnipeg? I would.

Dobber Sports Giant

He looked much more relaxed last night in making 25 of 26 saves against the Rags. The Sens came away with a 4-1 win.

The playoffs are a given at this point for the Sens and it is safe to say, with Toronto and Montreal out of the playoffs, the Sens will be Eastern Canada's team once again.

Why do they Devils have to keep winning? We want the 6th seed.

Would anyone want to see a 1st round matchup of 6th seeded Ottawa versus Division winner Winnipeg? I would.
    I only saw the highlights, but yeah he definitely looked good yesterday.

Yeah, Winnipeg vs Sens would be a good 1st round match up!

Dobber Sports Genius

Just a quick update on Craig Anderson. He took some shots, mostly the injured blocker-side, from Bobby Butler today in practice. But, Anderson did not have any lumber in his hand.

Progress nonetheless.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ben Bishop will look to go 3 for 3 on Saturday night in Ottawa against Buffalo.

Confirmed via Sens Twitter.

Dobber Sports Giant

Ben Bishop will look to go 3 for 3 on Saturday night in Ottawa against Buffalo.

Confirmed via Sens Twitter.
    Nice! Thanks for the update Notch!

Dobber Sports Genius

Anderson had a good skate today before Sens practice. He was taking shots with his full goal stick in hand and also stickhandling and shooting. Apparently, he looked sharp and had no issues or setbacks.

Anderson isn't practicing with the team, but I would anticipate that happens soon. Then we can start talking about his return date.

All those updates courtesy of @ian_mendes on Twitter.

My overall perspective, this injury to Anderson was/is a huge blessing for the Sens. It forced them to acquire Bishop and address what was the worst depth in goal in the entire NHL. Lehner now knows that nothing is going to be handed to him on a silver platter and he must work on all aspects of becoming an NHL goalie. Anderson gets a much needed rest going into the playoffs and can focus on upsetting Boston or the winner of the Southeast in the first round (teams subject to change).

Go Sens go!

Dobber Sports Padawan

This week is a huge week for the Sens.

Wednesday @ Montreal
    Friday vs. Montreal
    Saturday vs. Toronto

Their two biggest rivals.

Montreal is loose, playing with no pressure and would love to spoil the Sens' position in the standings.

Toronto are desperately trying to get into a playoff spot. This one will be like a playoff game.

Excitement and stress all rolled into one!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jL67s View Post
    This week is a huge week for the Sens.

Wednesday @ Montreal
    Friday vs. Montreal
    Saturday vs. Toronto

Their two biggest rivals.

Montreal is loose, playing with no pressure and would love to spoil the Sens' position in the standings.

Toronto are desperately trying to get into a playoff spot. This one will be like a playoff game.

Excitement and stress all rolled into one!
    The bolded part I will agree with.

But then you lose me when you mention Toronto and use the word playoffs twice.

There is a good article on "Rivalry Week" on the Sens website. http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.ht...pid=rss-brodie
    Along with this upcoming 3 game in 4 night trip (that ends with another back-to-back game against Toronto of course), the write-up talks about Anderson's recovery and the eventual return of Jesse Winchester.

Dobber Sports Icon

I have to say, I still find it incredible that the Sens are going to the playoffs, and not just going but a lock pretty much at this point (i.e., not a bubble team). I would have never predicted that at the outset of this season. Just goes to show the impact of MacLean, in my mind he should be a lock for the Jack Adams notwithstanding what guys like Hitchcock and Tortorella have been able to achieve.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Sens to sign UConn forward Cole Schneider. 6'2" 185, 21 years old. Let UConn in scoring the past two years.

Expect more college signings as the Sens look to add to their already deep prospect pool. Sens are very interested in 6'8" Czech d-man Andrej Sustr out of UNO.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Sens to sign UConn forward Cole Schneider. 6'2" 185, 21 years old. Let UConn in scoring the past two years.

Expect more college signings as the Sens look to add to their already deep prospect pool. Sens are very interested in 6'8" Czech d-man Andrej Sustr out of UNO.
    Here is the link to his particulars in the General Hockey Chat:
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=128455

Something for nothing. Murray is the gold standard for College signings. Wouldn't that be something if they could also sign Sustr? He's got a the softest shot I have ever seen for a defenceman, but I wouldn't mind signing that project.