Page 22 of 244 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Canucks - Sens tonight.

Notes: Peter Regin and Matt Carkner are both in the lineup tonight, back from injury. Huge news for the Sens and Sens fantasy owners as Regin was playing really well and will make those around him better.

Regin will play on a line with Nick Foligno and Daniel Alfredsson

Zenon Konopka and Nikita Filatov will be the healthy scratches. I assume Filatov will be sent down soon, or released to Russia, but Binghamton is short players so they could use him down there.

Craig Anderson gets the start

Last note: WAKE THE **** UP SPEZZA

Banned

oh and Sergei Gonchar day-to-day with injury, so he won't play

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    oh and Sergei Gonchar day-to-day with injury, so he won't play
    Thanks for this info, Ev.

Banned

Jason Spezza goal and assist last night. Heating up a bit with 4 points in 2 games.

Craig Anderson needs to pick it up, but defense also needs to get better (and will once Gonchar and Kuba are back and Rundblad is out of the lineup).

Jared Cowen averaging around 25 minutes per game in December.

David Rundblad will be sent to Binghamton soon, I would imagine. Great future but not ready for the NHL right now.

Stephane Da Costa has 7 points in 7 games down in Binghamton.

Mark Stone was named to Canada's World junior team, and will most likely line up with Mark Scheifele and Jonathan Huebrdeau.

Banned

As you all know by now, David Rundblad was traded for Kyle Turris and a 2nd. This move might put the axe to Peter Regin as an Ottawa Senator at the end of the year.

Darren Pang says that Turris will be a great fit for the Sens and thinks highly of him as a person. http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/12/18/...t-fit-for-sens

Sergei Gonchar and Filip Kuba should both be back from injury on Tuesday.

This is just my take but I see the lines shaping up like this:

Regin-Spezza-Michalek (Greening if injured)
    Foligno-Turris-Alfredsson
    Daugavins-Smith-Condra
    Winchester-Konopka-Neil
    Greening-Butler

Cowen-Karlsson
    Kuba-Gonchar
    Phillips-Carkner
    Lee

I would think that one forward will be sent to Binghamton when Michalek is ready to return. Most likely Daugavins but I really think they should consider sending Butler down to re-gain his form and help Binghamton score some goals.

Dobber Sports Star

Morning skate has Turris with Condra and Foligno

Banned

Sabres @ Sens

Lines:

Greening-Spezza-Alfredsson
    Foligno-Turris-Condra
    Regin-Smith-Neil
    Daugavins-Konopka-Winchester

Kuba-Karlsson
    Cowen-Gonchar
    Phillips-Carkner

Anderson

Scratches: Butler, Michalek (concussion)

Injury update:

Milan Michalek
    skated today (out with concussion). Was in good spirits.

Sergei Gonchar and Filip Kuba draw back in the lineup tonight.

Banned

sorry, I've been kinda lolligagging here.

some notes that come to mind:

Kyle Turris has 1 goal, 5 assists, and +6 in 6 games with the Sens. Nice start for him as he is not even up to game shape/speed yet.

Daniel Alfredsson is proving me wrong. Thought he looked done a month ago, but he is on fire right now. 31 points in 35 games aint to shabby for a man his age.

Jason Spezza, Milan Michalek, Erik Karlsson and Alfredsson were voted in to the All-Star game.

Karlsson meanwhile, still leads the league in defence scoring, having accumulated 37 points in 41 games. He should get consideration for the Norris trophy at the end of the season. He has been fine in his own end this season, which is something that is always overblown when it comes to Karlsson.

Craig Anderson made 34 saves in a 4-1 win over TB on Thursday, and he is now second in the league with 19 wins, behind Jimmy Howard who has 25. Anderson would be a good add in any league because I believe his numbers will improve to his average for his career (currently .901 sv % wherears he is .912 for his career). Ottawa has improved a lot defensively, so his GAA should improve to a 2.8 or something of that effect. I think he's gonna have a great second half, and I doubt Alex Auld will see the crease a lot, if at all.

Zack Smith is still cementing his status as one of one of the best young third line centres this season. Excellent defensive play both at ES and PK, 12 goals, 9 assists, + 5 in 41 games isn't too bad for a third year pro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sens play the Flyers both today and tomorrow. Should be good games, as the Senators will look to improve on their 5th place position in the Eastern Conference.

Craig Anderson should get both starts this weekend.

All the best!

Banned

Prospect Update (Stats as of January 5)

Jakob Silfverberg - SEL - (29-12-13-25)
    Jared Cowen - NHL - (40-4-7-11)
    Jean-Gabriel Pageau -QMJHL - (22-22-16-31)
    Robin Lehner - AHL/NHL - (19 GP-3.10-.910- 6W-12L-1OTL AHL) // (1 GP - 2.00 - .920 - 1W NHL)
    Mika Zibanejad - NHL/SEL - (9-0-1-1 NHL) // (13-3-3-6 SEL)
    Matt Puempel - OHL - (29-17-15-32)
    Nikita Filatov -NHL/AHL - (9-0-1-1 - NHL) - (15-7-5-12 - AHL) - (3-0-0-0 - KHL)
    Bobby Butler - NHL - (29-3-4-7)
    Patrick Wiercioch - AHL - (26-2-10-12)
    Colin Greening - NHL (40-8-10-18)
    Erik Condra - NHL (39-7-8-15)
    Stefan Noesen - OHL - (33-18-24-42)
    Stephane Da Costa - NHL - (22-3-2-5) / AHL (16-6-9-15)
    Jim O'Brien - AHL - (19-2-4-6)
    Andre Petersson - AHL (26-9-10-19)
    Mark Stone - WHL - (33-27-38-65)
    Mark Borowiecki - AHL - (37-2-10-12)
    Eric Gryba - AHL - (36-2-6-8)
    Louie Caporusso - ECHL/AHL - (18-7-11-18 ECHL) - (7-0-0-0 AHL)
    Shane Prince - OHL - (28-16-24-40)
    Pat Cannone - AHL - (37-8-13-21)
    Ben Blood - WCHA - (20-2-8-10)
    Fredrik Claesson - SEL - (29-1-4-5)
    Jeff Costello - CCHA - (16-2-6-8)
    Corey Cowick - AHL - (35-4-5-9)
    Jakub Culek - OHL - (32-8-15-23)
    Kaspars Daugavins - AHL/NHL - (7-2-4-6 AHL)/(31-3-4-7 NHL)
    Ryan Dzingel - CCHA - (18-5-11-16)
    David Dziurzynski - AHL - (33-4-5-9)
    Jordan Fransoo - WHL - (39-2-7-9)
    Derek Grant - AHL - (23-4-8-12)
    Wacey Hamilton - AHL - (37-2-2-4)
    Mike Hoffman - AHL - (37-9-11-20)
    Darren Kramer - WHL - (34-13-8-21)
    Max McCormick - CCHA - (11-2-4-6)
    Craig Schira - AHL - (35-1-4-5)
    Michael Sdoa - ECAC - (no stats)
    Marcus Sorensen - SEL - (2-0-0-0)/no stats
    Chris Wideman - CCHA - (20-1-8-9)

----------------------------------------------------

Some notes:

At the World Juniors, Mark Stone scored 7 goals and added 3 assists in 6 games for Canada.

Mika Zibanejad had a quieter tournament for Sweden, playing wing (he's a natural centreman), but saved his best for last scoring the Golden Goal in Overtime against Russia. Finished the tournament with 4 goals and 1 assist in 6 games.

Fredrik Claesson was a standout for Sweden on the back-end, but he's more of a defensive d-man. Did show some nice rushes from time-to-time though, and an OK shot.

Jakub Culek had an OK tourney for the Czechs, I think he had about 4 points (can't find the stats right now). Not an NHL prospect at the moment.

In the CHL, Stefan Noesen is on a roll, and doing so while his star teammates Rickard Rakell and JT Miller were at the World Juniors. Noesen scored 10 goals and added 5 assists in 10 games in December-January. Really showing his worth, and giving a little bit of an F U to USA Hockey.

Another USA Hockey castoff, Shane Prince has scored 4 goals and added 2 assists in 6 games since being cut by the Americans at the World Juniors.

In Binghamton, Andre Petersson returned from injury to being the New Year. He hadn't played since December 9. In the two games he has played since returning to the lineup, Petersson has 1 goal and 4 assists. He is playing with Corey Locke, the reigning AHL MVP, and Rob Klinkhammer. I think Petersson can get a cup of coffee with the NHL Sens this season, depending on injuries.

Stephane Da Costa continues to play great hockey down in the AHL. He finished December with 6 goals and 9 assists in 15 games, a point per game. Started the New Year off with no points in two games. He should get a full season of AHL hockey before he gets another chance with the big club.
    Last edited by Big Ev; January 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hi Big Ev. I've been coming to this site for years and this is probably the first time I found this thread. Is it one I can "subscribe" to? How do I do that?

By the way, I just got back from the gym and I saw that Karlsson didn't play tonight. Any news on why?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Hi Big Ev. I've been coming to this site for years and this is probably the first time I found this thread. Is it one I can "subscribe" to? How do I do that?

By the way, I just got back from the gym and I saw that Karlsson didn't play tonight. Any news on why?
    1. Scroll to the top of this page. Right underneath and slightly to the right of the "Post Reply" button you will find "thread tools." Click the arrow and then subscribe.

2. Karlsson skated in the warmups and was scratched for precautionary reasons with a UBI. He will play next game.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by little_boyes_semin View Post
    1. Scroll to the top of this page. Right underneath and slightly to the right of the "Post Reply" button you will find "thread tools." Click the arrow and then subscribe.

Also, Achilles, if I'm not mistaken once you reply to a thread you are automatically subscribed to that thread.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks to both of you
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

Sens have won 4 in a row, 8-1-2 over last 10.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, Craig Anderson should have a big second half. Named 3rd star of the week last week, and this week he was named 1st star. Great run he's on in January with a 6-0-1 record, with a .946 SV% and 1.80 GAA. His numbers on the year are decent now, with a 23-12-4 record (awesome) a .907 SV% (a lot better than it was earlier) and a 2.97 GAA (still high but should improve).

Sens play the Jets tonight and the Leafs tomorrow night. Anderson gets the start in goal. Same lineup as the last couple of games, which is:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
    Condra-Turris-Alfredsson
    Foligno-Smith-Neil
    Daugavins-Konopka-Butler (he gets moved up to the Turris line from time to time)

Kuba-Karlsson
    Cowen-Gonchar
    Phillips-Carkner

Anderson

Banned

The story of the last two games has been Craig Anderson, again. Was excellent in a 2-0 loss against Winnipeg, and a 3-2 37 save performance over Toronto last night. Like Goldman says, he is playing very aggressive, getting pieces of pucks, and just looks really really confident, playing like the Anderson of last year (in Ottawa).

Meanwhile Kyle Turris continues to excel in his role as the second line centre, scoring the GWG on a great shot over Reimer's glove/shoulder, and adding an assist, in last night's over the Leafs. Last night he was predominately flanked by Milan Michalek and Daniel Alfredsson, and they were the best line all game long for the Sens. Turris has been one of their best, if not the best, forwards for the last 5 games or so.

RW Andre Petersson and D Mark Borowiecki were called up for the road trip. Expect to see them in some games. Petersson has a ton of skill for a guy his size, and was doing quite well in Binghamton, leading the team with 25 points in 30 games. He was a great player for HV71 Jonkoping in Sweden, and for Sweden's national junior teams. Excited to see what he can do in his games, as some people believe he has 70+ point upside in the future (if all goes perfectly of course).

Borowiecki is from my hometown of Kanata, and he is a pure shutdown type d-man with little fantasy value in terms of points. He could have a shot at being in the Sens' top 6 full-time next season, as he brings a gritty, nasty, defensive game to the table.

2008 was a huge draft for the Sens, snagging Erik Karlsson, Zack Smith, Patrick Wiercioch, Petersson, Borowiecki, and Derek Grant. 4 of these players will probably all be in a game together on the road trip, which is quite impressive and something the scouting staff should be really proud of.

Sens are off to Cali, first playing in San Jose (10 pm ET start) on Thursday, and Anaheim (4 PM ET start) on Saturday.