Page 215 of 244 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A la days of the Oilers, fan throws his Senators jersey on the ice after they lose 5-0 to the Bruins tonight. How much longer does Guy Boucher last?
    There must be a limit on the number of coaches you go through before the GM has to go? I really don't think Boucher is the problem. I actually like him as a coach. Ottawa fans throwing jerseys on the ice is just dumb and a waste of money.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    There must be a limit on the number of coaches you go through before the GM has to go? I really don't think Boucher is the problem. I actually like him as a coach. Ottawa fans throwing jerseys on the ice is just dumb and a waste of money.
    Ummmm, Dorion and Boucher have been around for about the same amount of time. I don't understand this comment at all!

That said, I do like Boucher. As for Dorion, I assume that most of his stupid moves are being impose by Melynk.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Ummmm, Dorion and Boucher have been around for about the same amount of time. I don't understand this comment at all!

That said, I do like Boucher. As for Dorion, I assume that most of his stupid moves are being impose by Melynk.
    Yeah, I misspoke, thinking all the coaching changes over the last few years were all on the current GM. D'oh! Clearly the coach in Ottawa is the go to fall guy for the organization.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

It's not like Ottawa doesn't already have a replacement on staff either. Crawford can step in with a seamless transition and no extra salary to be brought in for a new HC.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's not like Ottawa doesn't already have a replacement on staff either. Crawford can step in with a seamless transition and no extra salary to be brought in for a new HC.
    As a Karlsson owner and a fan of offensive hockey, I pray to the hockey gods that they fire Boucher. I can't stand his boring, over-structured defensive approach....hated it in Tampa, hate it even more in Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll just leave this right here.

https://twitter.com/CorsiHL/status/948585317883297792

Since Duchene/Turris trade:

NSH: 16-6-3, +20 Goal Differential
    COL: 12-10-3, +4 Goal Differential
    OTT: 6-14-3, -33 Goal Differential

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

But Duchene went to a team that can win a Stanley Cup

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    But Duchene went to a team that can win a Stanley Cup
    Any contending team can win a Stanley cup until a virus attacks the team.... it appears that Duchene might be a virus?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Any contending team can win a Stanley cup until a virus attacks the team.... it appears that Duchene might be a virus?
    suckitis?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sens were never a contender. Last year they had mostly everything go as well as it could and that tricked Melnyk/Dorion/fans into thinking they could make a run this year. This year a lot has gone wrong which has lead to them sitting in the basement of the league and I don't think it has anything to do with the Duchene trade.

Bottom-six depth is non-existent, goaltending has been terrible, and Boucher overplays his favourite guys (Ceci, Pyatt, Thompson, etc.).

I don't think they're nearly as bad as they have been, but they are certainly nowhere near the team to make a run to the Conference Finals year after year.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    Sens were never a contender. Last year they had mostly everything go as well as it could and that tricked Melnyk/Dorion/fans into thinking they could make a run this year. This year a lot has gone wrong which has lead to them sitting in the basement of the league and I don't think it has anything to do with the Duchene trade.
    Yeah, the homers latch onto the semifinal finish being meaningful but it hardly means anything beyond that playoff run. Four teams make it that far every year and it's not uncommon for a surprise team to get there. As a Habs fan I've seen it happen twice in recent years.

Dobber Sports Master

lol Duchene has actually been one of their better players.. Watching them tonight, there's just no bite.. They played a great two minute stretch of keep away to kill off a DET PP but besides that, they are pretty flat-footed out there, with very little drive to the net. They are not playing hard, fast hockey, but floater, perimeter hockey. Anderson is great tonight, though.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...71982589513728

- talked Senators. Dorion has a "futures" driven offer on Hoffman. Pick/Prospect. Not something Ott is looking at now. Closer to deadline?

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is quite funny (unless you're a Senators fan): Dreger | Senators and Oilers worked on Hall-for-Ceci trade (https://www.fanragsports.com/dreger-...or-ceci-trade/)

"And these two clubs came real close to making a pretty big trade not that long ago and just couldn't get it done, and that trade was Taylor Hall for I think they finally got to a place where Ottawa was willing to consider Cody Ceci - so it would have been Hall for Ceci - but had to be cleared in Ottawa through ownership. And before they could get clearance, Hall got traded to New Jersey for Larsson.
    And here's a great comment about that.

Greg Wyshynski‏ @wyshynski
    My favorite thing about this Taylor Hall trade bombshell that Dreger dropped is the phrasing about Ottawa's perspective. Like, how many variations of this deal do they go through before they're "willing to consider" Ceci for Hall?!

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya I was just reading this myself. Man did the Oilers dodge a bullet there. Larsson > Ceci