Page 20 of 244 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Don't love Foligno as a captain option. He's absolutely invisible some nights.

Agreed on it being very difficult to project the young guys, not having a set in stone top 6 hurts.

Gonchar has been better this season but he's still lazy... I will say that Kuba though has been miles ahead of his performance from last year.

It's too bad that a few bad giveaways cost them the game against the Rangers, Anderson had no chance vs. Gaborick but deserved the W.
    1 Year 18 Team H2H Category Wins (Daily Starts)

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, GWG, BK, Hits, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 1 Util, 2 G (5 B)

C: Getzlaf, Kesler, Mackinnon
    LW: Benn, Hartnell, N. Foligno, T. Ruutu (C)
    RW: Clarkson, Clutterbuck, Bennett
    D: Karlsson, Phaneuf, Giordano, Faulk, Meszaros
    G: Lunqvist, Ramo, Khudobin

Banned

Didn't see all of Friday's game. They were shit in a 5-1 loss to the Sabres.

Last night, a 5-2 in over the Leafs.

Some notes:

-Foligno and Zack Smith were the two best Ottawa forwards.

-Other forwards who were very good were Kaspars Daugavins and Erik Condra. Those 2, along with Smith, were dominant on the penalty kill. Ottawa's PK went 5 for 5 on the night.

-Craig Anderson let in a softish first goal but was unreal after that. he made 31 saves on 33 shots. Hopefully this win can get him going a bit. Like Goldman says, he is at his best when playing aggressive and challenging shooters, and he did that last night.

-Sergei Gonchar had his 2nd goal in 2 games.

-Erik Condra, Chris Phillips, and Filip Kuba had 5 blocked shots each. The defence and penalty killing were outstanding.

-Spezza needs to wake the **** up. Guy's playing like shit. He's not showing at all that he deserves to be Captain once Alfie retires.

-Michalek had his 11th goal on a cheap empty netter in which Ottawa never even scored on. MacArthur tried to pass to the d-man on the point but missed and the puck rolled all the way down the ice into the empty net.

That's ll for now.

One more note. A possible trade could be in the works. As per Sens Chirp, Ottawa and Columbus are discussing a trade which would send Derick Brassard to the Sens. Mostly speculation at this point, but it does make sense given that Ottawa is looking for a forward and Columbus is kind of fed up with Brassard lately.

Banned

Sens Prospects Update

Jakob Silfverberg - SEL - (19-7-7-14)
    David Rundblad - NHL - (13-0-3-3)
    Jared Cowen - NHL - (18-1-0-1 - 47 hits leads all NHL rookies and is 11 away from overall NHL lead)
    Jean-Gabriel Pageau -QMJHL - (16-17-13-30)
    Robin Lehner - AHL/NHL - (8 GP-2.73-.923-4 W-5L- 1OTL AHL) // (1 GP - 2.00 - .920 - 1W NHL)
    Mika Zibanejad - NHL/SEL - (9-0-1-1 NHL) // (3-1-0-1 SEL)
    Matt Puempel - OHL - (20-13-10-23)
    Nikita Filatov -NHL/AHL - (6-0-1-1 - NHL) - (10-4-2-6 - AHL)
    Bobby Butler - NHL - (9-0-2-2)
    Patrick Wiercioch - AHL - (16-2-6-8)
    Colin Greening - NHL (18-4-4-8)
    Erik Condra - NHL (17-1-3-4)
    Stefan Noesen - OHL - (17-5-15-20)
    Stephane Da Costa - NHL - (18-3-2-5)
    Jim O'Brien - AHL - (15-1-3-4)
    Andre Petersson - AHL (15-3-3-6)
    Mark Stone - WHL - (22-19-27-46)
    Mark Borowiecki - AHL - (13-1-2-3)
    Eric Gryba - AHL - (15-1-2-3)
    Louie Caporusso - ECHL/AHL - (5-1-4-5 ECHL) - (2-0-0-0 AHL)
    Shane Prince - OHL - (15-9-15-24)
    Pat Cannone - AHL - (15-4-4-8)
    Ben Blood - WCHA - (10-1-1-3)
    Fredrik Claesson - SEL - (19-1-3-4)
    Jeff Costello - CCHA - (6-0-2-2)
    Corey Cowick - AHL - (14-1-2-3)
    Jakub Culek - OHL - (19-4-9-13)
    Kaspars Daugavins - AHL/NHL - (7-2-4-6 AHL)/(9-1-1-2 NHL)
    Ryan Dzingel - CCHA - (11-3-6-9)
    David Dziurzynski - AHL - (15-0-2-2)
    Jordan Fransoo - WHL - (22-0-2-2)
    Derek Grant - AHL - (12-2-4-6)
    Wacey Hamilton - AHL - (16-1-1-2)
    Mike Hoffman - AHL - (16-4-7-11)
    Darren Kramer - WHL - (15-9-6-15)
    Max McCormick - CCHA - (4-1-3-4)
    Craig Schira - AHL - (15-0-2-2)
    Michael Sdoa - ECAC - (no stats)
    Marcus Sorensen - SEL - (2-0-0-0)/no stats
    Chris Wideman - CCHA - (12-1-3-4)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Spezza's back to his old ways of trying to do too much the last couple games... painful to watch when he toe-drags at the blue line over and over.

Michalek still looks very good whenever he's on the ice, looking to make something happen with effort all the time.

I will say that Cowen is getting more and more comfortable with each game he plays; he 360 dangled someone out of nowhere which is only a play he makes with growing confidence. Great to see.
    1 Year 18 Team H2H Category Wins (Daily Starts)

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, GWG, BK, Hits, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 1 Util, 2 G (5 B)

C: Getzlaf, Kesler, Mackinnon
    LW: Benn, Hartnell, N. Foligno, T. Ruutu (C)
    RW: Clarkson, Clutterbuck, Bennett
    D: Karlsson, Phaneuf, Giordano, Faulk, Meszaros
    G: Lunqvist, Ramo, Khudobin

Banned

Cowen is gonna be a beast in a few years. His potential is huge.

Dobber Sports Guru

Big Ev - or anyone else for that matter hear anything about this from the press in Ottawa??

AlexSerenRosso AlessandroSerenRosso
    According to Russian press, Nikita Filatov is going to be back soon to CSKA in the #KHL #Sens

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The article in question states that CSKA wants him back, not the other way around.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    The article in question states that CSKA wants him back, not the other way around.
    Thank sentium. I couldnt find the article earlier but that makes much more sense.

Banned

All you need to know form last night's win is that Bobby Butler finally broke out with 2 goals and Craig Anderson was phenomenal stopping 38 shots on 39 shots against.

Anderson is showing confidence and he might just be starting to get back into form. You may want to add him now before he goes on a roll.

Banned

5-2 win in Edmonton. 3 straight wins.

-Anderson is back to playing confident, solid hockey. Grab him in your league.

-Michalek with 1 goal and 1 assist.

-Butler continued to make waves on the 4th line, playing solid hockey and finishing with an assist. The 4th line scored 2 goals (Winchester and Konopka). He did see some shifts with other players as well, such as Spezza.

-Spezza had a pretty solid game. Could have had 3 assists but Dubnyk stoned Greening in the 3rd.

-Erik Karlsson needs new sticks. Breaks them every game. He finished with his standard assist. 1 goal and 17 assists on the year.

-I miss Rundblad.

-Big test in Vancouver on Sunday.

Banned

Sens Prospect Update

Player- League - (GP-G-A-PTS)

Jakob Silfverberg - SEL - (19-7-7-14)
    David Rundblad - NHL - (13-0-3-3)
    Jared Cowen - NHL - (21-1-0-1)
    Jean-Gabriel Pageau -QMJHL - (17-18-13-31)
    Robin Lehner - AHL/NHL - (11 GP-2.96-.916-4 W-6L- 1OTL AHL) // (1 GP - 2.00 - .920 - 1W NHL)
    Mika Zibanejad - NHL/SEL - (9-0-1-1 NHL) // (6-1-0-1 SEL)
    Matt Puempel - OHL - (23-15-11-26)
    Nikita Filatov -NHL/AHL - (6-0-1-1 - NHL) - (12-6-3-9 - AHL)
    Bobby Butler - NHL - (12-2-3-5)
    Patrick Wiercioch - AHL - (18-2-7-9)
    Colin Greening - NHL (21-6-4-10)
    Erik Condra - NHL (20-1-3-4)
    Stefan Noesen - OHL - (20-6-17-23)
    Stephane Da Costa - NHL - (21-3-2-5)
    Jim O'Brien - AHL - (18-2-3-5)
    Andre Petersson - AHL (16-3-4-7)
    Mark Stone - WHL - (25-22-32-54)
    Mark Borowiecki - AHL - (18-1-2-3)
    Eric Gryba - AHL - (18-1-2-3)
    Louie Caporusso - ECHL/AHL - (7-1-7-8 ECHL) - (6-0-0-0 AHL)
    Shane Prince - OHL - (18-11-18-29)
    Pat Cannone - AHL - (18-5-4-9)
    Ben Blood - WCHA - (12-1-2-3)
    Fredrik Claesson - SEL - (22-1-3-4)
    Jeff Costello - CCHA - (8-0-3-3)
    Corey Cowick - AHL - (16-1-2-3)
    Jakub Culek - OHL - (23-5-11-16)
    Kaspars Daugavins - AHL/NHL - (7-4-2-6 AHL)/(12-2-1-3 NHL)
    Ryan Dzingel - CCHA - (13-5-8-13)
    David Dziurzynski - AHL - (17-0-2-2)
    Jordan Fransoo - WHL - (25-0-5-5)
    Derek Grant - AHL - (12-2-4-6)
    Wacey Hamilton - AHL - (18-1-1-2)
    Mike Hoffman - AHL - (18-4-7-11)
    Darren Kramer - WHL - (17-9-6-15)
    Max McCormick - CCHA - (6-2-3-5)
    Craig Schira - AHL - (17-0-2-2)
    Michael Sdoa - ECAC - (no stats)
    Marcus Sorensen - SEL - (2-0-0-0)/no stats
    Chris Wideman - CCHA - (14-1-6-7)

Dobber Sports Veteran

How has Alfie looked so far this season? He had that injury but since that hasn't done much.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    How has Alfie looked so far this season? He had that injury but since that hasn't done much.
    I've been wondering the same. I'm looking at dropping someone, and was wondering if Alfie should be the guy. Is he relevant in a points only league anymore?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Sens Prospect Update

Player- League - (GP-G-A-PTS)

[COLOR=red]Matt Puempel - OHL - (23-15-11-26)
    [COLOR=red]Stefan Noesen - OHL - (20-6-17-23)
    [COLOR=red]Mark Stone - WHL - (25-22-32-54)
    [COLOR=red]Shane Prince - OHL - (18-11-18-29)
    Hey Big Ev, or other Sens watchers

Who is the most talaneted of these guys?

Im thinking Puempel is the most talented and a natural scorer but would like some other input.

Is Prince good enough to make the USA WJHC? and if so do u think he shines and his stock rises? from what I know about him, which is admittedly little, it seems its size and strength that are the main knocks on this kid, not his skill and hockey sense.

Mark Stone - from what I remember ther big negative was his skating, has he corrected that/improved enough or is he just tearing it up cause its his 4th year in junior?

Noesen - do you think he makes the US team for WJHC? I ask about that because some guys in my league use only the WJHC to scout young talent
    so if they see a guy haveing a great tounament they will often pay through the nose for them . Is he a top 6 talent or a future third liner with some skill? I know hes a fairly big guy so he should be able to use that as an advantage in junior.

I know thats alot of questions but any input answeres would be appreciated from whoever is feeling up to it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Hey Big Ev, or other Sens watchers

Who is the most talaneted of these guys?

Im thinking Puempel is the most talented and a natural scorer but would like some other input.

Is Prince good enough to make the USA WJHC? and if so do u think he shines and his stock rises? from what I know about him, which is admittedly little, it seems its size and strength that are the main knocks on this kid, not his skill and hockey sense.

Mark Stone - from what I remember ther big negative was his skating, has he corrected that/improved enough or is he just tearing it up cause its his 4th year in junior?

Noesen - do you think he makes the US team for WJHC? I ask about that because some guys in my league use only the WJHC to scout young talent
    so if they see a guy haveing a great tounament they will often pay through the nose for them . Is he a top 6 talent or a future third liner with some skill? I know hes a fairly big guy so he should be able to use that as an advantage in junior.

I know thats alot of questions but any input answeres would be appreciated from whoever is feeling up to it.
    For me the most talented player of the bunch is Shane Prince, although Stone and Puempel are right up there. That doesn't mean that I'd rank him 1st over the others though. Prince is a very gifted playmaker, a good skater, very creative, can also score when he wants to as well. He didn't look too out of place in preseason for the Sens. He is a guy that is either Top 6 or not in the NHL at all though. You're correct, his only issues are his size and strength but he isn't terribly small. Around 5'11-ish. Said it before but he is one of the key factors in Tyler Toffoli's dominance of the league. Puzzling why he fell to 61st overall. If he ever does make it it will take time. Good news is that he will most likely play AHL next year.

Puempel is definitely the best goal scorer of the bunch. Great shot and his favourite thing to do in life is to score goals (his own words). Not an amazing skater but he has improved it a bit this season. Also creating more offence himself and carrying the team on some nights. He is an underrated playmaker. I definitely see him being a top scoring option on the Sens one day. Probably not a huge point getter though. Tough to tell right now.

Stone is still not an amazing skater, never will be, but he has improved that aspect of his game immensely. He has worked with world-renowned power skating coach Mark Power and it has payed off over the last year and a bit. Of course his size and strength plays a big factor in his ability to dominate the Dub. He is Brandon's captain and the best player in the WHL along with Emerson Etem. He has a chance to compete for a roster spot next season although probably not. I have no idea how to project him for the NHL. I think he is an NHL player though. He went from being a potential NHLer to a potential Top 6-9 player. He can hit, he can score, he can pass, he can drive the net, he can fight (not at all this year though), he can do it all basically. Skating is his only weakness, which is obviously important for the NHL.

Stefan Noesen is an all-around player who has been compared to such players as Dustin Brown and and Shane Doan. He is a leader and just a solid hard worker. Goes to the net and can finish in tight. Provides energy for the team. I think at WORST he will be a third liner in the ilk of a Nick Foligno (who is a similar player, was also a scorer and leader in the OHL). He is a Texan who moved to Michigan to play hockey, so you know he is determined.

As for the World Junior, Stone is a virtual lock, whereas Shane Prince and Stefan Noesen have very good chances to make Team USA. Prince probably has the upper hand over Noesen but I really don't know. I don't think either's stock would rise too much because they would probably play lesser roles on the team since USA already has big guns in Etem, Bjugstad, etc.

Even though a guy like Noesen or Prince may not have their stock rise at the WJC, their junior teams are two of the best in the OHL and certainly have a shot to go the Memorial Cup and compete on a national stage. That may see their stock rise.

It's probably unrealistic to suggest that 3 out of 4 of a team's draft picks from one year will make the NHL so it will be interesting to see how these 3 players (Puempel, Stone, Noesen) develop.

Hope the helps (and hope I was objective lol).
    Last edited by Big Ev; November 24, 2011 at 7:08 PM.