Page 196 of 244 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I know he's back with the team, but any confirmation that Andy's actually starting tonight?

The Great One

Starting tonight

Dobber Sports Ninja

Goalies are gettin lit up tonight lol

Poor Andy...

Dobber Sports Stud

Check out the highlights from tonights Arizona v Rangers game

Puempel with a hatrick

all PPG
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Check out the highlights from tonights Arizona v Rangers game

Puempel with a hatrick

all PPG
    What does this have to do with the senators?

Trust me, we don't care. Puempel is a fourth liner who barely gets a shot on goal most games. He had a career night. Good for him.

Banned

Our prospects have done very well at the WJC so far. Thomas Chabot has been Canada's MVP and he has a point in every single game. Colin White is team USA's #1C and has been lights out on both sides. Jonathan Dahlen is putting his name out there showing his slick skill. Here's what our prospects have done so far:

Chabot: 3g, 4a
    Dahl?n: 4g, 1a
    White: 4g, 1a
    Chlap?k: 2g, 1a
    Ahl: 0g, 2a

I really hope Boston College is terrible the rest of the way so White can sign and join the Sens.

- - - Updated - - -

Our prospects have done very well at the WJC so far. Thomas Chabot has been Canada's MVP and he has a point in every single game. Colin White is team USA's #1C and has been lights out on both sides. Jonathan Dahlen is putting his name out there showing his slick skill. Here's what our prospects have done so far:

Chabot: 3g, 4a
    Dahl?n: 4g, 1a
    White: 4g, 1a
    Chlap?k: 2g, 1a
    Ahl: 0g, 2a

I really hope Boston College is terrible the rest of the way so White can sign and join the Sens.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looks like Hoff is off the top line again...

Why can't the coach just keep him and Stoner together for **** sake!

- - - Updated - - -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

- - - Updated - - -

the top line is still Smith-Brassard-Stone. No reason to break it up. Hoffman might get a chance with Turris and Ryan though.

Banned

The vibe around the team right now seems to indicate Ryan won't be here next year. A person with a good source on HFBoards said that the team asked him to waive his 10 team no trade clause this weekend, but he refused and was not happy about it. He was healthy scratched on Saturday. No way to know if that is true, but it certainly could explain why he was scratched. He wouldn't be scratched for performance. And last time he was benched in the preseason, they were honest and said he was late for a meeting. This time around they were tight-lipped.

I like Ryan, but I definitely think they will move on from him. He is fine, but about $2 mill or so overpaid. I could see them buying him out as it would only cost them $1.7 or so million per year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I find it hard to believe they would scratch him for refusing to waive his NTC. That would be very unprofessional.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    The vibe around the team right now seems to indicate Ryan won't be here next year. A person with a good source on HFBoards said that the team asked him to waive his 10 team no trade clause this weekend, but he refused and was not happy about it. He was healthy scratched on Saturday. No way to know if that is true, but it certainly could explain why he was scratched. He wouldn't be scratched for performance. And last time he was benched in the preseason, they were honest and said he was late for a meeting. This time around they were tight-lipped.

I like Ryan, but I definitely think they will move on from him. He is fine, but about $2 mill or so overpaid. I could see them buying him out as it would only cost them $1.7 or so million per year.
    Waiving his NTC is a GM problem. GM's don't "bench" players, coaches do and I have a hard time seeing a coach bench a player for that reason. The coach is there to win games and benching players for GM problems isn't a good way to win games.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would scratch him for refusing to waive his NTC. That would be very unprofessional.
    no, that's not what I meant. I meant he had a dispute (with the coach, or simply threw a fit/missed meetings etc.) after not being happy with the request. Again, not sure if that is true, but I don't find it far-fetched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Waiving his NTC is a GM problem. GM's don't "bench" players, coaches do and I have a hard time seeing a coach bench a player for that reason. The coach is there to win games and benching players for GM problems isn't a good way to win games.
    Read my reply above. He could have gotten into a dispute with both the coach and GM. The coach will be in on all player moves as he wants to build the team his way. Even if he did get into a dispute with just the GM, it';s certainly justification for a coach to bench him. It's not like he is a reason we are winning right now anyway.

Regardless, I do believe they are trying to move him and I would imagine they are looking hard to get Landeskog or Duchene.

Dobber Sports Deity

You are simply guessing though. GMs do not bench players because someone won't waive their NTC.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You are simply guessing though. GMs do not bench players because someone won't waive their NTC.
    I literally just replied to the exact same comment from blayze... It would not be because he waived his NTC. It would be because of his actions arising from that.

I don't know what happened, it is from a source that another person has who said Ryan was very upset and something occurred between him and the coach and/or GM.

Dobber Sports Titan

A Bobby Ryan buyout would cost them 1.79mill till 2028-29 season (last season they pay him is 2027-28 if bought out). That’s a long time to be paying someone.

The benching is quite strange. Not unwarranted due to performance because he’s not great, but due to his contract it’s strange seeing it. Refreshing to know no one is above a benching.

- - - Updated - - -

A Bobby Ryan buyout would cost them 1.79mill till 2028-29 season (last season they pay him is 2027-28 if bought out). That?s a long time to be paying someone.

The benching is quite strange. Not unwarranted due to performance because he?s not great, but due to his contract it?s strange seeing it. Refreshing to know no one is above a benching.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll