Page 194 of 244 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Also just a heads up, Anderson is due to leave the team this week or very soon after for multiple games.
    Thx this is huge for my H2H this week - I was gonna start him after last week's monstrous 4 win performance but now I need to reassess. Got a link?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The goalie with a 2.03GAA and a 936s% not the MVP? He has a 1.65GAA and a 949s% over the last month. The teams appointed MVP every season is Karlsson, but Anderson is more valuable than him right now.

He’s kept them in games. The team has played well around him, but if goals were going in, and Anderson wasn’t playing to this caliber, there would be articles on how long would Boucher last. Not saying he’d be fired because I doubt Ottawa would like firing a coach and paying for him to not be there so early in a season.

It’s not like Karlsson has been bad, his offensive numbers aren’t where they were last yr (hard to repeat tho for a forward let alone a D), but he’s more defensive this yr. He’s done well. Anderson has just been more valuable to the team in the first ¼ of the season.
    Numbers are numbers. I don't think this is like Carey price, who's team is dead last in shot differential. If Anderson broke his leg tomorrow, I wouldn't be freaking out that our season is done. Just my opinion. The team has really limited good scoring chances.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Thx this is huge for my H2H this week - I was gonna start him after last week's monstrous 4 win performance but now I need to reassess. Got a link?
    At this point I think you have to start him but here is the link: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hock...gainst-rangers

Coach Guy Boucher indicated in the near future Anderson will have to miss some games to be with his wife Nicholle, who is undergoing radiation and chemotherapy treatment at a New York-based hospital for throat cancer, so if he wants to play then the Senators aren’t about to say no.

Dobber Sports Titan

Andersons GPS (Goalie Point Share) is already at 4.6pts after 17GP.To put it into perspective; Price has 4.6pts in 15 games. If Price goes down that team is completely different as we have seen. If Anderson goes down, I don’t think Condon (who did well in Montreal until the wheels fell off) could be a starter. He could go in for a solid 10games, but then it would deteriorate. Condon has done well because he hasn’t needed to do that 10games in a row this yr.

If he plays 50games, he’ll out do every yr he has been in Ottawa.

The biggest thing I don’t like about Ottawa is their negative Goal Differential. The Powerplay needs to pick it up.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Their goal differential is zero.

The pp not doing well and offense not fully clicking yet should scare other teams IMO. We know those will be corrected

Dobber Sports Titan

Hockey reference has their GF at 48goals, GA at 51goals.
    http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/OTT/2017.html

Banned

They have 51 and 51

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Their goal differential is zero.

The pp not doing well and offense not fully clicking yet should scare other teams IMO. We know those will be corrected
    that's assuming their stellar defense continues, which we also know will be corrected.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    that's assuming their stellar defense continues, which we also know will be corrected.
    Personally I don't see that happening unless a big injury occurs. I haven't seen a buy in like this since Jacques Martin or cup final days. Karlsson has also been the best dman in the league this year at both ends and guts like Phaneuf have really rebounded

It's not like they're totally reducing shots against either, so I don't think they're playing out of their minds defensively. Players are just putting in the work and looking like one unit rather than individuals.

Even if defence regresses a bit, offense will regress as well and the same results should be there. I expected us to be. A playoff lock and it's looking that way so far. Knock on wood.

Dobber Sports Titan

They have 51 and 51
    The 51GF is including SO “GF”. They have scored 48 goals. 3 “GF” are from shootout victories.

Banned

The 51GF is including SO “GF”. They have scored 48 goals. 3 “GF” are from shootout victories.
    Ok, but every single goals for and goals against stat in standings on any website includes that. Officially, they have a zero goal differential a sod today.

Either way, remove those and its -3. Not a big deal.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ok, but every single goals for and goals against stat in standings on any website includes that. Officially, they have a zero goal differential a sod today.

Either way, remove those and its -3. Not a big deal.
    They must do that for ease of collecting the stat because I would say the official GF and GA shouldn’t include shootout totals. A goalie’s GAA doesn’t include the extra goal in a SOL I’m pretty sure. Personally it should the total of goals scored by team’s players not the score totals of the games.

I honestly always thought they didn’t include the SO goals; this is some news to me too.

Banned

They must do that for ease of collecting the stat because I would say the official GF and GA shouldn’t include shootout totals. A goalie’s GAA doesn’t include the extra goal in a SOL I’m pretty sure. Personally it should the total of goals scored by team’s players not the score totals of the games.

I honestly always thought they didn’t include the SO goals; this is some news to me too.
    It should include a goal for a shootout win because otherwise it would be like you tied. You scored more than the other team, you should get that reflected in your total. If you win 2-1 in a shootout, you scored 2 goals

Dobber Sports Titan

It should include a goal for a shootout win because otherwise it would be like you tied. You scored more than the other team, you should get that reflected in your total. If you win 2-1 in a shootout, you scored 2 goals
    But on the score sheet only 1G was scored by either team. I get both sides, but if team A vs team B go into a shootout 1-1, Team A scores 4 and Team B scores 3 times in the shootout, Team A doesn’t win 5-4.

It’s quite the small thing to not agree with for me tho lol. Like Team A could win 1-0 in a SO every game, have no one score a point, but be +82 in Goal differential.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Then the player who scored the winning "goal" should get credit for the goal, right? Does the NHL count GWG from Shootout Wins? I don't believe they do. New NHL stats, nothing adds up.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket