Page 19 of 244 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thorbs View Post
    Can anyone give me the lowdown on Zack Smith? I've only watched a couple OTT games but he seems like a prototypical 3rd line guy...works his bag off, throws the body around and isn't afraid to drop em, and should put in 30 - 40 points?
    That's exactly him. He's been outstanding in that role.

Banned

talk to me about Zack Smith if you would Sens fans?
    he's the 2nd line center no? who's he play with mostly? I've only seen one Sens game but he looked solid, lots of energy, good grit, probably more of a 3rd liner but the Sens aren't deep. Is that semi-accurate? my league awards Hits and Blocked Shots so he doesn't need to score 80 pts, but if he can get 40-50 with nice peripherals then I like him

Banned

Smith is the 3rd line centre and that's where he'll be for however long he is on the Sens. Daugavins and Neil (sometimes Condra) are his wingers. They have been solid every night.

I think 40 would be his max, not sure if he can get that. Probably more like high 30's. But like you said, he will get his fair share of hits, blocks, PIM, and some SHP so he is valuable for deep leagues.

He literally looks good almost every game at both ends of the rink. No hyperbole on my part.

One thing that really helped Smith was the Calder Cup run last year. He had 8 goals and 20 points in 23 games for Binghamton and was a huge reason why they won.

Think Chris Kelly with more of a scoring touch and a harder/more frequent hitter
    Last edited by Big Ev; November 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM.

Banned

Quick notes from yesterday's Team 1200 interview with Bryan Murray:

-He compared Stephane Da Costa to a young Adam Oates

-The team is looking for one NHL to take pressure off the young player. Will see where the team is at after this next road trip.

-Says they should get a good NHLer out of Nikita Filatov if they do it right. He will be up and down many times throughout the year.

Banned

Gonchar is TERRIBLE! Its bizarre because while I always knew he was an offensive d-man, I also was under the mistaken impression that he was at least decent defensively but his play on a weaker team has exposed that in dramatic fashion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Gonchar is TERRIBLE! Its bizarre because while I always knew he was an offensive d-man, I also was under the mistaken impression that he was at least decent defensively but his play on a weaker team has exposed that in dramatic fashion
    He has actually been quite reliable this season save for a couple of games. Just an off-night tonight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He has actually been quite reliable this season save for a couple of games. Just an off-night tonight.
    I dunno dude, I assume you watch all the games so you see a lot more of him than I do but this is the third game I've seen him in and he has not looked anything approaching reliable thusfar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I dunno dude, I assume you watch all the games so you see a lot more of him than I do but this is the third game I've seen him in and he has not looked anything approaching reliable thusfar
    I know what you mean, because it's usually the games on national TV when he is off.

I assume he'll be up and down this year because of his age and wear/tear.

Dobber Sports Stud

I managed to watch most of the game tonight and damn the Sens do no give up. A few mental lapses cost them two goals (Gonchy was to blame on one) but they kept the forechecking coming all through the third.

Gonchar looked better than he did at the beginning of the season though.

Spezza looked clutch.

Banned

Some notes from tonight's game (3-2 loss to the Rangers):

-Butler sucks right now

-Da Costa was awesome. Made some slick passes and almost had a beauty of a goal right at the end of the game. Gloved the puck, batted it out of the air with his stick, went around a d-man, but was stopped by Lundqvist.

-Greening is starting to fall back down to earth and is showing why he is most likely just a solid 3rd liner for the future. Not terrible though, just not first line material (except for the moment).

-Rundblad had a lot of giveaways. I'll give him a break since it was his first game in a little bit.

-Foligno was very noticeable. Him and Da Costa are showing nice chemistry. They will be a better line when Alfie comes back, because right now Butler isn't doing much at all. He prob just needs a goal to get things going.

-Overall they outplayed the Rangers but two/three key turnovers were the reason they lost the game.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    I managed to watch most of the game tonight and damn the Sens do no give up. A few mental lapses cost them two goals (Gonchy was to blame on one) but they kept the forechecking coming all through the third.

Gonchar looked better than he did at the beginning of the season though.

Spezza looked clutch.
    After seeing Da Costa I had to snag him off the wire (Peverley). Could be dynamite when Alfe comes back.

Any thoughts on what I can expect if things fall into place this year?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    After seeing Da Costa I had to snag him off the wire (Peverley). Could be dynamite when Alfe comes back.

Any thoughts on what I can expect if things fall into place this year?
    He looks slick at times. Great hands. I grabbed him off waivers a few weeks ago as well. Those couple little moves before he let that shot go....wow....he had Lundquist beat if he puts the shot in the right spot. If he could ever get on a line that can create a little space for him somehow it would be a big difference.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Banned

Nick Foligno should get consideration to take over as Captain once Alfie retires. He is the epitome of a captain IMO.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    He looks slick at times. Great hands. I grabbed him off waivers a few weeks ago as well. Those couple little moves before he let that shot go....wow....he had Lundquist beat if he puts the shot in the right spot. If he could ever get on a line that can create a little space for him somehow it would be a big difference.
    Seems like the top line is clicking, so does Alfe slide in with Foligno and Da Costa when he returns?

That would be sweet
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Seems like the top line is clicking, so does Alfe slide in with Foligno and Da Costa when he returns?

That would be sweet
    Yes Folgino-Da Costa-Alfie are a line for tomorrow night.

I have no idea what to expect from Da Costa. These young guys are up and down and I'm tired of trying to project them lol