Page 179 of 244 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 189 229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you believe everything you read online (which we all know you cant do), the Sens were trying their damndest to move Price and Wiercioch prior to todays deadline. They moved Price but Wiercioch didnt move.

Why were they so desperate to move these kids? Have they fallen that far in the organization? I get it that Wiercioch is restricted at seasons end but do they not see the value in him to re-sign him? I always saw this guy as a potential top 4 for them for years. Weird.

Whats even more strange is that either they valued him too high at the deadline, or others arent interested in taking a chance on him either.
    what did they get for price? Shame they gave up on him given that pick was supposed to be part of a big rebuild. Wiercioch has had plenty of chances, he is unreliable on d, i can see why they moved him. such a shame as he showed real promise late last year and then played on Team Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if he works out with another org if that ever happens.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Prince was just ok. They determined they didn't want him past this year so might as well get something for him. MacArthur was coming back so it was doubtful Prince was gonna see the lineup any time soon. I'd rather have Puempel as well.

with Colin white coming next year most likely, he had an uphill battle to play in the lineup, and whether people like it or not, he wasn't taking Neil's spot.

Dobber Sports Padawan

There were rumors back in 2014 that Prince wanted out and had threatened to go to the KHL. I think he was basically frustrated with how they were handling him and he wanted a shot. That doesn't exactly endear you to management, pulling stuff like that when you're maybe a middle-6 guy at best.

As for why they did it now for a 3rd, I have no idea. By all accounts he is pretty good in his bottom-6 role, and we're better with him as depth right now than we are with a 3rd round pick in the summer. I did not get the impression going into the deadline that management had given up on the playoff hunt, but with this and shutting down Turris, maybe they are seeing the writing on the wall.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Banned

The problem was there wasn't any room for him in their minds, so it made sense to get something for him. He would be in the AHL if he didn't need waivers. They didn't want to re-sign him to a one way contract so it made sense to get the pick.

IMO there were a lot of people ahead of him now including Dzingel and Paul. Colin White will be here next year IMO, and he would have been ahead of Prince as well.

it was either keep Prince and play him every now and then next season, or cut bait now

Dobber Sports Padawan

Keeping my fingers crossed Paul works out. Otherwise that Spezza trade is really gonna sting.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed Paul works out. Otherwise that Spezza trade is really gonna sting.
    he's gonna be a third line centre at worst. He was their top prospect and is really showing why they valued him so high coming into the year. He's very tough to handle along the boards and on the rush. Upside is our version of Sean Couturier IMO. And then we have Pageau, Lazar, White, Turris, all very good defensive centres (some will play wing).

but really we were going to lose Spezza for nothing. it's too bad he rejected the Nashville deal, although I would miss having Paul in the pipeline.

The Great One

Colin White fantasy impact in points only?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Regardless of how Paul works out, Murray mishandled the Spezza auction by limiting the bidders to western conference teams, arbitrarily and stupidly cutting the market in half.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Regardless of how Paul works out, Murray mishandled the Spezza auction by limiting the bidders to western conference teams, arbitrarily and stupidly cutting the market in half.
    Not sure what you're talking about. He had a no trade clause. And people probably would have complianed and said it's Bishop 2.0 or some stupid complaint like that of he was traded east.

**** spezza man. Hes gone and he's never winning a cup

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yes, i agree there was a ton of stupidity (including awful scouting from a staff you have 99% confidence in, of a player literally incapable of playing in the nhl) surrounding the Bishop trade, and still is obviously.

Murray made it clear through his media mouthpieces that he wouldn't trade Spezza to an eastern team, so we don't know if spezza would have agreed to a deal to an eastern team. Why wouldn't he, given there were similar low-tax jurisdictions he could have gone to?

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What are your thoughts on Phaneuf now Sens fans?? Curious to find out how he has been doing since the big trade.. I have only seen highlights..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Lol you just proved my point with the bishop comment but whatever I'm not going down that road again with anybody. If people still don't understand that trade I have no faith on hockey humanity

And there weren't many teams who actually wanted spezza. He had no value as a player with one year left with a limited no trade clause and a bad back.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    **** spezza man. Hes gone and he's never winning a cup
    I said this exact same thing about a year and a half before he was traded and you ripped me apart for it.

Also, Spezza had a 10 team no trade list.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I said this exact same thing about a year and a half before he was traded and you ripped me apart for it.

Also, Spezza had a 10 team no trade list.
    Yeah he did.

And I rip most things you say because they're often wrong

The Great One

Yeah I remember you were loving the fact that Spezza was going to be the next captain.