Page 170 of 244 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 180 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Ottawa selects centre Filip Chlapik from Charlottetown
    Great pick!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Eric Gryba to the oilers. Look for Ottawa to now sign Chris Wideman or give a shot to Mikael Wikstrand if he comes over

- - - Updated - - -

Eric Gryba to the oilers. Look for Ottawa to now sign Chris Wideman or give a shot to Mikael Wikstrand if he comes over

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Look for Ottawa to now sign Chris Wideman or give a shot to Mikael Wikstrand if he comes over
    oooh this I like. Nothing against Gryba, I'm just excited to see Wideman. Not sure I really see what Gryba brings to the Oilers but whatever. Wish him the best, that guy can lay a hit.

ev you mentioned to me Ottawa is now a cap team. This is a bit disturbing to me because I think we're still quite far from contending. Makes me think the Ryan contract is going to be a problem soon.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Genius

I listened to AGM Dorion this afternoon on TSN1200 and one of the things they sort of promised Wideman is that they would make room for him. Trading Gryba was the Sens way of showing Wideman that they filled their end of the discussion. Wideman now has to decide if he wants to test his UFA status on July 1st or stay and play with his "buddies", as Dorion stated.

It would be nice to have his right shot on the blueline.

Dorion also said the Sens won't be after any top free agents because they will get too much money from other teams and price themselves out of Ottawa. No shock there. He then talked about the mid-range free agents and said he wouldn't bet on the Sens dipping into the free agent pool at all. He likes the team the way it ended last year and said Legwand didn't play much during that run - Lehner didn't play either; so the team is the same as the one that went on that great run and that is the team they see on the ice again this year.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    oooh this I like. Nothing against Gryba, I'm just excited to see Wideman. Not sure I really see what Gryba brings to the Oilers but whatever. Wish him the best, that guy can lay a hit.

ev you mentioned to me Ottawa is now a cap team. This is a bit disturbing to me because I think we're still quite far from contending. Makes me think the Ryan contract is going to be a problem soon.
    well that was before the recent moves and I was factoring in Hoffman and chiassons new deals.

they now have about $11 million in cap space without Hoffman, Chiasson, and potentially Wideman and Condra.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Great pick!
    Speaking of Chlapik and draft "steals," i see him ranked 18th in the NHL Scouting Bureau in early april, Damian Cox had him 15th just before draft and another pundit had him 30th. Perhaps something happened between then and now to cool enthusiasm for him, but I find that enticing. This piece is helpful and has a link to a good analysis, again with plenty of useful links, of the top two picks: http://www.silversevensens.com/2015/...hl-entry-draft
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Speaking of Chlapik and draft "steals," i see him ranked 18th in the NHL Scouting Bureau in early april, Damian Cox had him 15th just before draft and another pundit had him 30th. Perhaps something happened between then and now to cool enthusiasm for him, but I find that enticing. This piece is helpful and has a link to a good analysis, again with plenty of useful links, of the top two picks: http://www.silversevensens.com/2015/...hl-entry-draft
    Worth noting as well that Dave Cameron's son is the assistant coach there, and apparently Chlapik hasn't really done much training in his life, so he's still raw.

Dobber Sports Genius

Dman Chris Wideman has indeed re-signed. It's a one-year, two-way deal.

I think this is great for him. Sens needed a right-side, right-handed shot and in a couple days, I didn't think anyone was going to give him a one-way deal.

Happy to keep him. So they say, he would've played at the end of last season if the Sens didn't go all Hamburglar.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's "kind of" a one-way deal for his pocketbook, not for his ego, as he gets 600k if he makes it, 400k in bingo. Not many baby sens will be earning that kind of coin.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

after reading an article about all the teams trying to get rid of bad/horrible contracts, esp Mike Richards, I can't help but think that Ryan's is going to be an albatross on this team at some point and i hope it's later vs sooner. He sure was awful during the latter part of the year, at a time when the team absolutely needed him to step up. I think we were all hoping he'd explain after the season he was playing hurt. but he just kept saying he just sucked. Not a good sign. Can anyone out there give me hope he can actually be a useful 30-goal scorer again, and not just for one year?

-- Boethius

Banned

Disagree. Ryan will turn it around for sure. He has the character and work ethic not to. The only reason it would be a bad contract is physical limitation after hernia surgery outside of his control. Last year he focused more on developing his two way game and playmaking ability, especially when he broke his finger and couldn't shoot, which in my opinion affected his shooting the entire season. Now this year he can use that along with his goal scoring to be a dominant player. When he has been on with the Sens, he has been a two way force. With a great summer of conditioning I think we're gonna see a beast come the fall.

i think we're gonna see a year like Nash just had.

either way yoy can afford to have a couple of players at that range of salary, Karlsson and Ryan,

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm now a proud owner of Mark Stone. Hope be builds off last year.
    70 points this year? Hope so!

Dobber Sports Monster

Sens faithful.

Projections this year in points for:

Mika Zibanejad
    Mark Stone

Thank you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Sens faithful.

Projections this year in points for:

Mika Zibanejad
    Mark Stone

Thank you!
    55 points for zibanejad, 70 points for mark stone

Dobber Sports Padawan

Lazar 3 year projections, just snagged him in a fresh multi-cat dynasty. Saw the 200 H+B and said sure why not.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill