Page 162 of 244 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Bit scary in the 2nd when the Leafs were charging... but picked up the all important 2 points tonight... Turris looking pretty sharp, TM must be blowing his gasket somewhere... PP still needs a bit of work though... 1 for 5 and had 15 or 16 SOG in those 5 opportunities... They need to fix that up in a hurry. I'm just wondering why they stick the Turris line out there more than the Zibanejad/Ryan line out there...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Banned

Hopefully anderson is back soon to give Hammond some rest. Hell he could take his job back.

comish, we are the habs' worst nightmare. Their kryptonite. we are the last team they want to see in round 1. Pageau haunts their dreams.mik not guaranteeing a victory if we play them, if we make it, but that's exactly who I want to play 100%.

Banned

Hopefully Michalek isn't out long term as that would be a big blow. Hopefully Macarthur is back soon.

Puempel is now out week to week and Zack smith is expected to be recalled.

Dobber Sports Expert

Really Puempel had a good game with Ryan and Zibanejad... didn't even see him get hurt...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Padawan

Karlsson has been playing out of his mind. Since Dec 29th he has 35 points in 36 games. He could be making a case for his 2nd Norris especially if the Sens make the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I suspect had Anderson been healthy he would have started the start tonight. Hammond must be both physically and mentally drained. Looks on Sens faces while they were congratulating them a lot different than recent games, not many smiles after that ugly win, and getting berated by coach.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    Karlsson has been playing out of his mind. Since Dec 29th he has 35 points in 36 games. He could be making a case for his 2nd Norris especially if the Sens make the playoffs.
    Nice run, love Karlsson. He doesn't get enough love outside of Ottawa for how good he really is. Yeah, us fantasy guys appreciate him because of the points, but he's not quite as bad as some make out defensively. He's not a prototypical physical guy, but with his skill and brain, make up for his lack of physicality. He is a difference maker.

I absolutely loved Borowiecki's hit and immediate gloves coming off to fight Sill. I hate when guys have to fight after a great hit, but Borowiecki isn't exactly going to shy away from that stuff!

Mark Stone led all forwards with 22:36 and Bobby Ryan had 7 SOG tonight. Ryan has looked pretty good over the last little while, at least the part of the games I've watched.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    Yup, I'm biased because I laid money at 4-to-1 for karlsson to win the norris, but I don't see how his name isn't in the conversation now. Leading all d in goals, points, shots, his plus minus is well above zero for those who care about that, and his team is looking like it will be in the playoffs with his play being one of the biggest reasons. He hasn't been bad defensively in a long time either. It's almost time for a Karlsson for Norris thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Nice run, love Karlsson. He doesn't get enough love outside of Ottawa for how good he really is. Yeah, us fantasy guys appreciate him because of the points, but he's not quite as bad as some make out defensively. He's not a prototypical physical guy, but with his skill and brain, make up for his lack of physicality. He is a difference maker.

I absolutely loved Borowiecki's hit and immediate gloves coming off to fight Sill. I hate when guys have to fight after a great hit, but Borowiecki isn't exactly going to shy away from that stuff!

Mark Stone led all forwards with 22:36 and Bobby Ryan had 7 SOG tonight. Ryan has looked pretty good over the last little while, at least the part of the games I've watched.
    Ryan has been good. It's nice to see him shooting more but I am confident he is still battling his finger injury from a few months ago as he is always looking to pass nowadays

as for karlsson, what's surprising is he's actually a pretty physical guy and I bet people wouldn't think he and subban are closed hits. Karlsson actually had more hits than subban last year

Dobber Sports Master

love the puck movement the sens are displaying in all zones .would be a nice story for them to make playoffs

Dobber Sports Padawan

Looks to me like only 6 teams will end up with more goals than Sens, and one of them is Dallas. So if they can get back to the stingy defence/goaltending we saw prior to the last two games this team has potential in the post-season, if they make it. The key would be to get Anderson back to give the rookie a break, though I would agree that Anderson may have played his last game with Sens vs Boston. Imagine going into playoffs with Hammond and whoever that backup they have now is.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Expert

Not a good start tonight.....they're playing well but Hammond has not been good. that 3rd goal was horrific.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

and now 4-1.......Rangers are victimizing the Sens with their speed and those stretch passes. Not much Hamburglar could do on the 4th one. Does Hammond finish the game?
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Banned

Rangers are the best team in the league IMO so no problems with Hammond tonight but I want Anderson back healthy. We need our number one.

Banned

Assistant coach Mark Reeds is battling cancer again and it is inoperable.

Bruce Garrioch@SunGarrioch 24m24 minutes ago
    #Sens coach Dave Cameron says assistant Mark Reeds "is in a battle. He and his family could use your prayers. We've had heavy hearts here."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Rangers are the best team in the league IMO so no problems with Hammond tonight but I want Anderson back healthy. We need our number one.
    Yeah, you could really see the Rangers depth and talent tonight. The Sens drew a tough match-up here, but if that 3rd NYR goal doesn't go in with a minute to go in the 1st period, maybe the Sens come out stronger in the 2nd? Clearly, Hammond is dealing with an injury that is enough to throw him off (it doesn't take much in the NHL, that's for sure). They could definitely use Anderson back right now.