Page 16 of 244 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Game 8 - Jackets @ Sens

Lineup:

Michalek-Spezza-Greening
    Foligno-Zibanejad-Alfredsson
    Condra-Smith-Neil
    Winchester-DaCosta-Konopka

*D hasn't been posted, I assume:

Cowen-Gonchar
    Kuba-Karlsson
    Phillips-Rundblad

Anderson

Notes:

-Peter Regin is getting further tests done on his shoulder.

-Mika Zibanejad has 2 more games before his 9 game stint is up.

-Praise Alfie

Banned

Daniel Alfredsson will not play tomorrow due to hip flexor problem. Just a minor injury.

Kaspars Daugavins has been recalled from Binghamton.

Dobber Sports Stud

Big_Ev: How did Gonchar look in the Columbus game? He looked good on the score sheet but am wondering if he looked good on the ice as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Big_Ev: How did Gonchar look in the Columbus game? He looked good on the score sheet but am wondering if he looked good on the ice as well.
    He was good at both ends of the ice. He wasn't booed once I think lol. He excelled on the PP. They need that from him. Didn't make any glaring mistakes defensively from what I can remember.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the update/response. I saw the highlights and was happy to see him move down low with what looked like some hustle (I think it was his first PP assist). Good to hear he played well in his zone too.

Dobber Sports Sage

Ok,Big Ev what's the word on the street? Zibanejad on a plane or stays in OTT? My guess is back to the SEL!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Don't know. They will decide after tomorrow's game, or maybe even sit him a couple of games after tomorrow and delay the decision.

Bryan Murray says he doesn't know for sure if he's NHL ready, but him and MacLean will decide if they ant to develop him here rather than in Sweden. To me is sounds like they are on the fence, but they also might want to keep him here to control his development.

Right now he is not fully NHL ready. He is ready defensively and can skate with NHLers, It's just the offence, stick handling, and consistency that would be the issue. They said if they keep him around that they know he will be a lot better come Christmas time. In their experience, young players play much better in the second half. He just needs more confidence offensively. Can he do that here? Who knows.

The other issue here is amount of games. He can play 72 more games here, or he could play around 40 in Sweden. It's also not NHL ice or NHL competition over there. Once he comes over next year, he will have to adjust again.

Lots of factors in their decision.

Banned

4-5! Sens win again!

Anderson was huge for the Sens tonight making 32 saves.

Spezza scored a goal, this coming one day after he was named the 2nd star of last week.

Mika Zibanejad played in potential his last game as a Senator. He is extremely reliable on the ice, but the decision will probably be based on his offence. I have no idea where they are headed with their decision.

Colin Greening continues to shine. There are just so many things to like about him. Perfect winger for Spezza.

Kaspars Daugavins played an awesome two-way game in his call-up. Played more than 15 minutes and was buzzing. I like his game.

Many think K-Daug will remain with the Sens and Stephane Da Costa will be sent down. he really needs some AHL time soon.

Dobber Sports Guru

Zibanejad is going back to sweden

ian_mendes Ian Mendes
    "This is the right step for him at this moment." - Murray on Zibanejad going back to Sweden.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

ZIBABABOOEY comes back here to Sweden I'll try to keep tabs on how he plays
    GO WINGS!

Banned

I'm gonna try to watch all his games lol.

Big winner here is Djurgarden. They just added a 1st line centre. Zibby is gonna tear it up with Pontus Aberg.

Zibanejad and Silfverberg both entering the league next year will be a fun thing to watch. Perhaps they play on the same line?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

so, with Zim (sp?) away for the year, what are the probabilities that filatov comes back up? not sure how it all shuffles out with the centres and wings

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minutes For Bearding View Post
    so, with Zim (sp?) away for the year, what are the probabilities that filatov comes back up? not sure how it all shuffles out with the centres and wings
    Zibanejad.

Not sure when Filatov gets back up. He'll be back when he is ready to be back. Has only played 5 games down there.

I think he'll come up whenever/if they decide to send Stephane Da Costa down. It looks like Kaspars Daugavins is here to stay.

Banned

Regin out 6-8 weeks with shoulder injury.

Banned

Florida 3 Ottawa 4

What a wacky finish last night. Greening scores to put Ottawa up 3-2 with only 2 minutes left. Then Versteeg ties it up for Florida with about a minute left. Then with about 7 seconds left, Rundblad makes a sweet play to keep the puck in the zone, passes it behind the back to Alfie who shoots it on net. Rebound ensues, Foligno pots it in past a diving Markstrom. Just a great finish!

The Sens have won 4 in a row, are now 5-5 on the year, and there aren't really any negatives surrounding the team right now. I can't pinpoint one player who is playing bad at the moment. Huge difference from the 1-5 start.

The most impressive Sen for me was David Rundblad. Magic Number Seven is as cool as a cucumber and has really settled in. Tonight was the first time he has been on the ice for a goal against in the last 6 games. He just makes smart plays every single time he is on the ice now. He has earned a full-time spot in the lineup and has really progressed since the start of training camp. His points should soon reflect his immense talent and confidence level. He is doing everything right at the moment. Maybe the only criticism is that he should start shooting more.

Stephane Da Costa looked good - I mean REAL good - in his first game as the team's second line centre. He is going to get a real long look there as Regin is out for 6-8 weeks. His hands and skill level are amazing for a non-drafted player. He makes some sweet dishes. Will be interesting to see how he progresses this year and in future years.

Spezza had an assist and now has a 5 game point streak. 5 goals and 13 points in 10 games.

Michalek assist. 6 goals and 11 points in 10 games.

Gonchar had another assist. He has really turned his game around. 7 assists in 10 games. He has started to hit and shoot more. Should see some goals soon.

Greening, again, impressive performance all-around. 6 points in 10 games. If he keeps it up he could be a Calder candidate.

Alfredsson with 2 points. He's looking really good for a player his age. He just won't quit.

That's it for now. Sorry if this is looking like I'm being to easy on all the players, but there truly aren't any bad apples in the bunch at the moment.