Page 157 of 244 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 167 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Funny that Mark stone and Mike Hoffman are still on Dobbers top prospects list...how have they not been taken off? And Mike Hoffman is 58th Overall. I wasn't the biggest fan of his but you can't deny what he's done. A lot of the names above him are laughable. Whatever.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Funny that Mark stone and Mike Hoffman are still on Dobbers top prospects list...how have they not been taken off? And Mike Hoffman is 58th Overall. I wasn't the biggest fan of his but you can't deny what he's done. A lot of the names above him are laughable.so Whatever.
    Yeah, I find myself questioning the prospects list often that I don't even look at it anymore. And as far as Hoffman goes, I love his game. He looks like he's going to score almost every shift. I wonder if he carries this play into next year and beyond. He has been one of my best free agent pick ups this year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Padawan

2x in a row i turned on a Bruins game in the closing minutes with them trailing by one only to witness them tie, and today B's win so a 3-pointer. Guess i learned my lesson, will let sleeping dogs lie.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    notch, you do realize that Bomm was hoping for an Ottawa win over his Sabres? He wants his team to have the best odds of winning the first overall pick.
    lol...I just saw Notch's comment. At least someone understands my angle.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lol...I just saw Notch's comment. At least someone understands my angle.
    notch doesn't get out much, depending on his shift schedule I guess!? I've read enough of your posts to know where you were coming from!

Back to the Sens, it will certainly be interesting to see what they do with their goaltending situation this off-season. On one hand, they might get a decent return for Anderson, but then that's putting a lot of faith/pressure on Lehner and Hammond. While I think there is some risk in dealing Anderson, I would love for the Sens to take a little risk here. With Lehner anointed as the undisputed #1, it might be what he needs to take it to the next level, but what happens if Hammond continues putting up his insane numbers next year? Goalie controversy of Vancouver proportions? Whatever is decided, it will be fun watching it unfold.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The depth is unreal right now. Michalek has stepped up in MacArthurs absence.

Add a da Costa maybe next year and guys like Prince and maybe a Konecny who we draft and we are looking even more dangerous up front.
    Do Sens have any particular rights to Da Costa? wouldn't he be a UFA if he came back? I'd love to see him back.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Do Sens have any particular rights to Da Costa? wouldn't he be a UFA if he came back? I'd love to see him back.
    They have his rights because they qualified him. I wouldn't mind seeing him but not sure if I'd give him a one way which he wants. They would have to move Legwand and smith but I want to see where smith is at first

Dobber Sports Padawan

I guess it would not be great having so many smallish centres in Pageau, Turris and Da Costa, but what a season the latter had in KHL -- 31 goals and 66 points in 50 games. Only a handful in that league were so far above ppg. Tarasekno and Lehtera as i recall were around or just above a point a game during their time together in khl, this year Kovalchuk had 58 pts in 59 games. It's not the NHL but the stat line is at the very least intriguing. Maybe there are character issues, I recall Garrioch sneering about him so perhaps management was bad-mouthing da costa last year. But Smith looked very weak before his injury and as you know I'm not at all thrilled by legwand at his price tho he has his uses. But they are eminently replaceable on the trade market.
    I'd never be able to prove it but i don't believe Cameron, had he been coach last year, would have let Da Costa be sent down last year after he came up and created so much offence with such limited ice time and mediocre line mates. But McLean was such a stick in the mud, always loyal to his veterans. Hoffman has emerged as a relatively late bloomer, why not Da Costa? An added PR advantage is that the folks across the river, some of whom seem to believe the team is not francophone-friendly, would love his French accent.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

24 shots in third period is a disgrace. That's like the Canadian women's team vs Team Czech. If this isn't a massive wake-up call then they're going to get steam-rolled tuesday and all this excitement will be over.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Stud

Do you think Anderson and Hammond split starts rest of the year? How do you turn down a veteran who is seemingly ready to take the job back??

Dobber Sports Expert

Could guys please stop winning?
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    24 shots in third period is a disgrace. That's like the Canadian women's team vs Team Czech. If this isn't a massive wake-up call then they're going to get steam-rolled tuesday and all this excitement will be over.
    No big deal imo. Up 4-0 and looking ahead to the next game. Won't happen again

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Do you think Anderson and Hammond split starts rest of the year? How do you turn down a veteran who is seemingly ready to take the job back??
    it looks like the hamburglar story is over other than him getting some spot starts/B2B starts. No surprise, Anderson starts tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Guru

Fun stat for Sens fans that I mentioned in my top 10 column today:

Since Dave Cameron has become coach, Mark Stone has 32 points in 37 games. I did a bit more research today, and in the last three months (which coincides with Cameron taking over), he's 17th in the league in points.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Fun stat for Sens fans that I mentioned in my top 10 column today:

Since Dave Cameron has become coach, Mark Stone has 32 points in 37 games. I did a bit more research today, and in the last three months (which coincides with Cameron taking over), he's 17th in the league in points.
    And Hoffman has 29 points in last 37 games. 16 of these are goals.

Also, I believe Ryan has been almost a PPG player in that timeframe.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.