Page 151 of 244 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Last night I even purposely let in a goal with 5 minutes left to make it a two-goal game in hopes the other team would pull their goalie shortly after. No luck.

I'm a failure.
    Oh man, too funny notch! Better luck this year?

Re: Chris Wideman - He has 29 points in 32 AHL games this season. Not bad for a defenseman. I really hope he can bring a little of that offensive spark to the Sens, while not being a liability in his own end. I'll be cheering for him to stick around for a bit.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Guelph Storm just traded Ben Harpur to Barrie in the OHL. I can now go watch him anytime I want as he is 20 minutes away. He is a legit NHL prospect. Big year next year - when he turns pro in Bingo.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Guelph Storm just traded Ben Harpur to Barrie in the OHL. I can now go watch him anytime I want as he is 20 minutes away. He is a legit NHL prospect. Big year next year - when he turns pro in Bingo.
    Great prospect. Going to miss him here in Guelph. Enjoy Sens fans! All the best Harps! You'll be missed!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Is it too much to hope that Bryan Murray will take this thoughtful piece to heart and leave as his legacy a team with exciting prospects for the future? An Anderson trade would be brilliant right now, many teams could make great use of him, and hopefully he can find a way to shed one or more of the Legwand, Phillips and Michalek contracts. I love Methot but given the potential interest in him i wouldn't object to a deal there too.
    I think Pageau's performance since his arrival proves that he would have been more than adequate from day one and much cheaper than deadweight Legwand, now on pace for 33 points despite the bizarre decision to give him tons of PP time (fifth most on team, ahead of superior talents like Mika, Stone, and Hoffman.)
    I'm a passive kind of guy but if he repeats the inane kind of trade like the one to acquire Hemsky for draft picks (look at all the great Wings obtained with late-draft picks) when it was clear the team was out of it I will be tempted to join a street protest.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hock...ough-the-draft
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Dobber mid-season report underscores a huge error Sens made in letting Da Costa go, and signing Legwand:

Stephane Da Costa, Ottawa - As with many prospects, Da Costa felt like he should have had more of a chance with the big club. He wanted a one-way contract and when he didn't get one he fled to the KHL. In a way, you can't blame him - he's 25 now and at that age you start to lose priority in the system to the younger kids. Well, in the KHL Da Costa is going nuts - 44 points in just 32 games. If this doesn't get Ottawa's attention, then another team will come calling in 2016 when he becomes unrestricted. The kid created offensive chances on every shift during his brief call-up last year, but Murray clearly had his mind made up.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Ninja

Horrible ending in tonight's game versus the Rangers. The Sens were running around in the defensive zone on the winning goal in OT, looked like a pee wee team in "coverage". I own Anderson, so I was kinda hoping for a W. Ugh.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Horrible ending in tonight's game versus the Rangers. The Sens were running around in the defensive zone on the winning goal in OT, looked like a pee wee team in "coverage". I own Anderson, so I was kinda hoping for a W. Ugh.
    Well, until that point they were playing great in OT, i've seen a lot worse from these guys! If this team could bury their chances -- Karlsson creates so many -- they'd be a lot closer to playoff spot.

-- Boethius

Banned

Pretty dumb gif up there. Karlsson has been unreal defensively under Cameron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    The Dobber mid-season report underscores a huge error Sens made in letting Da Costa go, and signing Legwand:

Stephane Da Costa, Ottawa - As with many prospects, Da Costa felt like he should have had more of a chance with the big club. He wanted a one-way contract and when he didn't get one he fled to the KHL. In a way, you can't blame him - he's 25 now and at that age you start to lose priority in the system to the younger kids. Well, in the KHL Da Costa is going nuts - 44 points in just 32 games. If this doesn't get Ottawa's attention, then another team will come calling in 2016 when he becomes unrestricted. The kid created offensive chances on every shift during his brief call-up last year, but Murray clearly had his mind made up.

Its the khl. Who cares? He will probably be back in the NHL next year but in no way did he deserve a one way contract after last season. Good for them for being patient. It's not like he would have made a big difference and It wasn't exactly choosing Legwand over him anyway, it was more thinking zibanejad was ready for bigger things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Is it too much to hope that Bryan Murray will take this thoughtful piece to heart and leave as his legacy a team with exciting prospects for the future? An Anderson trade would be brilliant right now, many teams could make great use of him, and hopefully he can find a way to shed one or more of the Legwand, Phillips and Michalek contracts. I love Methot but given the potential interest in him i wouldn't object to a deal there too.
    I think Pageau's performance since his arrival proves that he would have been more than adequate from day one and much cheaper than deadweight Legwand, now on pace for 33 points despite the bizarre decision to give him tons of PP time (fifth most on team, ahead of superior talents like Mika, Stone, and Hoffman.)
    I'm a passive kind of guy but if he repeats the inane kind of trade like the one to acquire Hemsky for draft picks (look at all the great Wings obtained with late-draft picks) when it was clear the team was out of it I will be tempted to join a street protest.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hock...ough-the-draft
    The hemsky trade was literally nothing. The draft was piss poor and they had a shot at the playoffs. I'd do that trade every year even if rebuilding. Late round picks are worth nothing and can easily be obtained again. It also gives you a chance to negotiate a contract but thank god they didn't give him what he wanted/him only wanting to stay if spezza stayed.

Banned

I think Legwand will definitely be moved at the deadline which is probably what they planned anyway

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm really, REALLY regretting letting Hoffman go in my dynasty league this past off-season. No seriously. Although getting Voracek and Vey for Barrie and Grigorenko is panning out quite well! Baby steps. I am still hanging onto Greening in the hopes that he can turn it around, but it looks like he's going all Matt Frattin 2.0 on me. Maybe going to Bingo will light a fire?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm really, REALLY regretting letting Hoffman go in my dynasty league this past off-season. No seriously. Although getting Voracek and Vey for Barrie and Grigorenko is panning out quite well! Baby steps. I am still hanging onto Greening in the hopes that he can turn it around, but it looks like he's going all Matt Frattin 2.0 on me. Maybe going to Bingo will light a fire?

I was a big greenin fan and loved his contract but it looks like he's done or close to it

Dobber Sports Genius

End of the road for Jarrod Maidens. Former Sens prospect with 1st round talent - concussions have got the best of him.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...work-1.2920035
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane