Page 148 of 244 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 158 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I've been critical of him for his continued early struggles, but Bobby Ryan had one of his best games tonight in the Sens victory over the Blues.

Michalek and Zibanejad were healthy scratches.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    How has Hoffman looked lately? No points in 3 straight. Is he still generating scoring chances? I'm debating starting him next week with OTT playing 4 games over Kucherov who only plays 2.
    Hoffman has delivered for you in his "extra" 2 games he has had over Kucherov thus far.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Hoffman has delivered for you in his "extra" 2 games he has had over Kucherov thus far.
    Yes, indeed. Thanks for your recommendation. 2 apples so far and 2 games to go. Was happy to see his TOI go up significantly today. Now hoping Kucherov doesn't have another hat-trick this week, like he did last time I had him on my bench.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

That was a tough back-to-back for the Sens too. No promises, but good start so far.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Love Ryan's game at both ends
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thinking about how Tampa Bay came into league with Sens, has won a cup and seems to be the class of the east this year, it reminds me why the Sens are wallowing in mediocrity. It's the classic case of a team in a weak Canadian market constantly playing for the present. It's borderline delusional. this team, even if it squeaked into the playoffs and it's clear that won't happen, would be obliterated in the first round. Alfie was honest when he said more or less that his team had no chance of coming back vs Pens. That was the year we traded Bishop for nothing to help make TB the powerhouse it is today. As tough as it would have been at the time, a team with guts and vision would have traded Anderson. And if they had any guts and vision they'd be marketing Anderson and Methot right now to a team feeling the heat over their crappy defence, like Stars or esp Edmonton, in return for a 2015 draft pick and a prospect. I think they are either delusional or underestimate the fans' intelligence by implying, as owner did last year, that this team would be a contender in two years.
    And I've had it with McLean. How many teams have all four lines going great guns all the time? Every time a line starts to click he cluelessly decides he has to distribute those strong players to other struggling lines to give them a boost. What's the point of experimenting to see who is compatible if you break it up when it works, and break it up when it doesnt? I seriously doubt he makes it through the year.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm sure glad Sens invested in a trusty responsible veteran like Legwand, you don't want youngsters on the ice at key moments when they leave oppo forwards wide open to fire pucks into empty nets.
    Almost impossible to see this team in the playoffs, start the fire sale!

-- Boethius

Banned

"As tough as it would have been at the time, a team with guts and vision would have traded Anderson. "

No. Not close. No team would have traded the best goalie in the NHL DURING the year. Anderson is a better goalie than Bishop anyway, and Lehner will be as well. Bishop isn't why Tampa is doing well and Tampa is is not a powerhouse. They are having good year, it's premature to say they will be a powerhouse. Ben Bishop was never going to be on this team. We traded nothing to get him in the first place.

and they would market Methot, but he's the one who's been holding out when he could have been playing weeks ago. He's a dumbass and has a bad agent. Ball's in his court. They can't trade him if he doesn't play. He's back now at least.

I agree about MacLean. He may make it through the year but a new GM will pick his coach. MacLean isn't very good at preparing the team and getting 60 minutes out of them.

I don't care for Bylsma but if the got Shero then I could see him hired.

I believe the Sens are on the right path and have a ton of great pieces especially on defense and in goal. Gotta be patient. They can still make the playoffs but I don't care if they don't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    I'm sure glad Sens invested in a trusty responsible veteran like Legwand, you don't want youngsters on the ice at key moments when they leave oppo forwards wide open to fire pucks into empty nets.
    Almost impossible to see this team in the playoffs, start the fire sale!
    good thing that never happened. Keep coaching from your couch though.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    good thing that never happened. Keep coaching from your couch though.
    Sure did, Big Ev, two pairs of eyes saw it on the screen and the next morning I heard Pierre McGuire call him out on it. But I think you're the guy who says this team is obviously building towards Stanley Cup contention so perhaps i should defer to your expert judgement.

In any event, it's a fair point that there wasn't probably much of a market for Anderson in strike year. But looking around the league this year there are several teams with big problems in net, starting with the Oilers. And maybe the Blues among several others. I hope Murray will at least put out feelers soon if the losing continues. I love Anderson this year, but the fact he's been all-world and Lehner has been mostly good and we're still falling out of the race (Sens have just one more regulation win than Sabres!!! Only Oilers have worse record over past 10 games ) suggests it's time to "sell high" on the best assets and try to build for the future. I don't think it would be rational for Oilers to mortgage their own future but i think given what team is going through they could indeed make a panic move. Would be great to have a couple of high picks in next year's draft. I'm sure it won't happen, Canadian GMs under too much pressure to play for the short term.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Monster

Zibanejad and Ryan have developed some pretty serious chemistry. If you watched them tonight: WOW

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Zibanejad and Ryan have developed some pretty serious chemistry. If you watched them tonight: WOW
    Agreed. They created numerous chances and were very fun to watch in tonight's game.

Banned

Legwand with 4 PPP on his last 5 games. But why is he on pp, says the fans? Hmmmmm

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Legwand with 4 PPP on his last 5 games. But why is he on pp, says the fans? Hmmmmm
    Lol. He's averaging over 3 PP minutes a game playing on same side and always on same unit as best PP QB in hockey, and has 11 pts in 27 games, on pace for 33 points this year. Hey, if he keeps up this hot streak he could break 40!!!! He's just unbelievably lucky McLean is inexplicably giving him primo ice time despite his frequent gaffes. Absolutely absurd that Ryan hasn't been getting that slot though I saw him on first unit last night so that's encouraging. Leg's time with Detroit was considered a failure and he had 11 points in six fewer games with Wings. And it's certainly in his pedigree to do this, had 38 points in 82 games in 09-10. Hell of a signing, lots of veteran intangibles right? They should have used his money to entice Da Costa to stay, he has 37 points in 25 KHL games but Sens never respected him even though the guy created offence petty well every time he was on the ice last year during his brief call up.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Stud

And now McLean is gone!
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin