Page 141 of 244 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Who is the better asset short and long term : Chiasson or Stone ?

I have to drop one of them.... I'm going for the win this season...
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post

I think Stone has the much higher upside especially if he gets to play on the top line but it looks like he will be on the 3rd line with Legwand and Smith for now. Chiasson is on the 2nd line with Zib and Michalek. I think Chiasson gets more opportunity but I think Stone is the better player. Its a toss up for me but I'd lean to Chiasson short term but Stone long term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post

I think Stone has the much higher upside especially if he gets to play on the top line but it looks like he will be on the 3rd line with Legwand and Smith for now. Chiasson is on the 2nd line with Zib and Michalek. I think Chiasson gets more opportunity but I think Stone is the better player. Its a toss up for me but I'd lean to Chiasson short term but Stone long term.
    20 Team Keeper (H2H, Keep 15)
    Roster: 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 3 F, 5 D, 2 G, 4 BN, 3IR
    Catg: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Sh%, H, Blk, W, GAA, Sv%, Saves, SO

C: Craig Smith, Brock Nelson
    LW: Benn, Ryan, Andrew Ladd, Tanguay
    RW: Vanek, Saad, Hemsky, Mark Stone
    D:Yandle, Gardiner, Goligoski, Kulikov, Girardi, Daley
    G: Scneider, Anderson, Svedberg

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with sensfan15. I don't know if I agree with it enough to post it twice though. Haha.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    As it stands right now, this is how I see the Sens opening night roster. After the first 9 games, Lazar will go back to Edmonton of the WHL and Stone will get called back up if he is doing everything Bingo coach Luc Richardson is asking of him.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
    FORWARDS
    Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
    Milan Michalek ($4.000m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / Alex Chiasson ($0.867m)
    Zack Smith ($1.888m) / David Legwand ($3.000m) / Erik Condra ($1.250m)
    Colin Greening ($2.650m) / Curtis Lazar ($0.894m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
    Mike Hoffman ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN
    Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
    Jared Cowen ($3.100m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
    Patrick Wiercioch ($2.000m) / Chris Phillips ($2.500m)
    Eric Gryba ($1.250m) / Mark Borowiecki ($0.575m)

GOALTENDERS
    Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
    Robin Lehner ($2.225m)

BONUS OVERAGE
    $0
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (estimations for 2014-15)
    SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,174,167; BONUSES: $1,718,333
    CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $13,825,833

Lazar will be in the lineup for Hoffman and maybe Greening for the first 9 games. Same with Condra. Once the 9 games are up, Lazar will get sent to Edmonton and Stone will come up. The Sens will probably carry 8 Dmen like they did last season at times.

I still see a quantity for quality trade coming, but I might be waiting awhile - hence the lineup you see today.

I’ve said before I think Chiasson has an edge over Stone for the #2 RW because the Sens will want to showcase him as a good piece in return for dealing Spezza. Plus the fact that Stone can still be sent down without being subject to waivers.

The Sens players (the ones that are NHL calibre right now) that will have to clear waivers to go to Bingo if and when they are cut are:
    - Mike Hoffman (has cleared many times before)
    - Dave Dziuzynski
    - Derek Grant (this is one guy that might surprise people)(hope he clears and he most likely will)

Ceci, Stone and Zibanejad can get sent down without waivers. In my opinion, one of Ceci or Stone will absolutely be sent down to start the year so Lazar can get his 9 games in. If they don't give Lazar 9 games, I expect both those guys to make the team out of camp (unless Derek Grant does something special).

All this changes with a trade every Sens fan expects but probably won't happen.
    Is that a toot on the old horn I hear? Yup. Nailed it (at least if todays practice lines mean anything). That quoted post was mine from one month and 4 days ago.

Only thing I couldn't predict was Methot being on the IR which made the Sens decision oh so easy and convenient to keep 14 forwards.

Banned

Actually you didn't nail it because greening and Condra are extra forwards, and Wiercioch is the extra D. But Whatever floats your boat.

You also wrote that stone would be sent down. Ouch, wrong again.

toot your horn all you want, but make sure you're actually right first. Otherwise there's no need for another fluff post

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Actually you didn't nail it because greening and Condra are extra forwards, and Wiercioch is the extra D. But Whatever floats your boat.

You also wrote that stone would be sent down. Ouch, wrong again.

toot your horn all you want, but make sure you're actually right first. Otherwise there's no need for another fluff post
    He got most of it right so let him have his spotlight. Not his fault the coaching staff is sitting out one of the team's top 4 Dman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan15 View Post
    He got most of it right so let him have his spotlight. Not his fault the coaching staff is sitting out one of the team's top 4 Dman.
    Except he's not close to being one of the Top 4 d-men. All he has going for him are possession stats. There's a reason he's sitting out, he got beat out by Boro.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Except he's not close to being one of the Top 4 d-men. All he has going for him are possession stats. There's a reason he's sitting out, he got beat out by Boro.
    He's better than Cowen or Phillips and I'm not about to say Boro and Gryba is better than him. It's by default pretty much considering how bad Ottawa's defence is.

Also, possession stats are kind of important even if they don't tell the whole story...

Banned

He's better than Cowen or Phillips and I'm not about to say Boro and Gryba is better than him. It's by default pretty much considering how bad Ottawa's defence is.

Also, possession stats are kind of important even if they don't tell the whole story...
    Disagree that he's better than either player. I think he's better than Gryba but he can't play the RS so it's irrelevant.

Dobber Sports Initiate

So, once again they allow 30+ shots on net. Not a good sign. What's it going to take to get those totals down?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    So, once again they allow 30+ shots on net. Not a good sign. What's it going to take to get those totals down?
    Take Chris Phillips and Jared Cowen/Mark Boro out of the lineup and insert Wiercoch and Methot (once healthy). The team's forwards aren't that bad but the defence minus Karlsson might be the worst in the NHL.

Banned

There is no chance Chris Phillips is being taken out. He was probably the best d yesterday after Ceci and is one of of the veteran presences on the team. He's not as good as he used to be but he's still pretty reliable. I don't see Borowiecki being taken out either. Wiercioch is in a tough spot especially when mehot comes back. Wouldn't be surprised if he is traded shortly. As of right now he probably will only get looks against offensive or weaker teams.

Its one game. the d will be evaluted after 10-20 games.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There is no chance Chris Phillips is being taken out. He was probably the best d yesterday after Ceci and is one of of the veteran presences on the team. He's not as good as he used to be but he's still pretty reliable. I don't see Borowiecki being taken out either. Wiercioch is in a tough spot especially when mehot comes back. Wouldn't be surprised if he is traded shortly. As of right now he probably will only get looks against offensive or weaker teams.

Its one game. the d will be evaluted after 10-20 games.
    This is the exact same defence as last year. Chris Phillips is a year older and he was terrible last year. I know he won't get taken out because of vetrin presents but he is a 6th/7th Dman playing in a top 4 role. Jared Cowen looked like one of the worst defenceman in the NHL last year and has done nothing to prove not the same this year. Wiercioch isn't great by any means but he can at least make a breakout pass out of his own zone which this team really struggles to do from the left side.

Banned

This is the exact same defence as last year. Chris Phillips is a year older and he was terrible last year. I know he won't get taken out because of vetrin presents but he is a 6th/7th Dman playing in a top 4 role. Jared Cowen looked like one of the worst defenceman in the NHL last year and has done nothing to prove not the same this year. Wiercioch isn't great by any means but he can at least make a breakout pass out of his own zone which this team really struggles to do from the left side.
    Phillips wasn't terrible last year. That's just hyperbole. He had a down year like everyone on the team. Again he was probably the best dman the other night and looks good next to Ceci. Whenever somebody says he is a 7th dman I just roll my eyes.

I disagree about cowen, he already looks better and again it's only one game. He was pretty solid the other night, just a couple of poor plays which happens to everybody. His skating is much better and he looks like he can have a decent season. People really need to focus on a guys whole game, not just one or two plays where the other team scores.

The d this the same because most are young and its a knee jerk reaction to change it based on this. They will only improve with every game. You just have to be patient. Which if you are like most Sens fans, you won't be and you will continue to have your whipping boys and engage in groupthink like Cowen sucks, neil sucks, phillips sucks. Etc.

And it's also not the same because Methot isn't healthy right now. I am not the biggest fan but once he's back cowen can play with Ceci or gryba and everyone will be in a comfortable position.

Banned

Wiercioch will definitely be in for Cowen now I would imagine