Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Monster

it was an electric game. How long until the playoffs start?

Tough loss tonight , but not all is lost. Hawks saw some promising things from their rookies. Andrew Shaw opened up the game trying to mix things up as he gets in a fight with Rinaldo which he needed 10 stitches to close up a cut. He also scores a goal on his first NHL shot.

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...1231&id=147494

Jimmy Hayes was flying around out there, for a big body the kid can skate. He scored again tonight. I think Hayes is gonna stick with the big club for a while, looks like he belongs there.

Not one of our better games from the defense at all. Hawks looked bad out there tonight in their own end.

Some comments post game:

Jonathan Toews on loss to Flyers: "If it wasn’t for Razor (Ray Emery) we didn’t deserve to win that game."

Q calls a "brutal, brutal loss" to Flyers

rookie Andrew Shaw on scoring on his first NHL shot: "Get the puck, go to the net and good things will happen.”

Andrew Shaw:"I don’t like saying no so I decided to square off with him."

Silver lining is the overall team did not play very well, but we are seeing some great youth come up with good energy. I like what I saw tonight from Hayes and Shaw.

Congrats to Hawks prospects Joakim Nordstrom, Ludvig Resnfedlt on their Gold medal as Sweden defeats Russia.

Bowman talks trade , priorities are Center and Defense.

By Jesse Rogers

PHILADELPHIA -- Chicago Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman continues to monitor the trade market but with seven weeks until the deadline nothing appears imminent.

“Teams usually wait until they are even further out of it,” Bowman said before the Hawks took on the Flyers on Thursday. “All we can do is keep in touch with them, and if they’re ready to start making trades we’ll talk to them and see if there is a fit there. We can’t force them and say we need you to trade this guy to us now. We talk and let them know the players that we like. But it takes two to tango.”

Bowman said defense is always a priority as is center but was quick to point out it’s the same for most teams. Though the Hawks have the resources and salary cap space to pull off a major trade, Bowman doesn’t know if it will happen.

“It’s hard to say,” Bowman stated. “There are no big names players that have been traded right now. We’re not even halfway through the season. You can never have enough defensemen and you can probably make the same argument for centermen.”

Bowman said the players the Hawks have called up from Rockford of the AHL have deserved the opportunity including Andrew Shaw and Dylan Olsen, who both made their NHL debuts on Thursday.

“We have a few injuries and right now we need players and the fact they are rookies just means they’ve played really well,” he said. “Joel, in particular was really high on Dylan’s camp and I think he’s had a good half a season under his belt and we want to see where he’s at.”

The Hawks have three players who are injured, including Marcus Kruger (concussion), Steve Montador (upper-body) and Daniel Carcillo (knee). Carcillo is also serving a seven-game suspension. The NHL trade deadline is Feb. 27.

Dobber Sports Monster

Gonna act like this game tonight, never even happend. It was cancelled , no one showed up. Good Night Irene.

Hawks worst game of the season just about, up there with the Edmonton game. Just horrible effort, Leddy?? ughh Leddy..nevermind I'm done!!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Gonna act like this game tonight, never even happend. It was cancelled , no one showed up. Good Night Irene.

Hawks worst game of the season just about, up there with the Edmonton game. Just horrible effort, Leddy?? ughh Leddy..nevermind I'm done!!
    That bad Shake?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Monster

Check out the Hawks midseason awards.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...medium=twitter

Dobber Sports Monster

Patrick Sharp left the game tonight vs Detroit with a UBI - still awaiting more news.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Patrick Sharp left the game tonight vs Detroit with a UBI - still awaiting more news.
    Hey Shakedown, I saw that the Bolland played with Frolik and Hossa after Sharp was out and that Bolland was on the top PP with Kane and Toews. IF Sharp is out for a couple games or so, in your opinion, do you think the lines stay like that?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by grindin griers View Post
    Hey Shakedown, I saw that the Bolland played with Frolik and Hossa after Sharp was out and that Bolland was on the top PP with Kane and Toews. IF Sharp is out for a couple games or so, in your opinion, do you think the lines stay like that?
    Trying to guess line matchups with what coach Q is almost impossible. Lot's of bodies being moved around especially with the new additions of Shaw and Hayes. I think for now, first we have to see what happens with Sharpie's injury. If he goes down for any amount of time I expect to see Morin come up. Really though, hard to actually speculate what he'll do right now. The Hawks are off to a miserable 2012 this January - so more tinkering with lines will be the norm here for a while.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Trying to guess line matchups with what coach Q is almost impossible. Lot's of bodies being moved around especially with the new additions of Shaw and Hayes. I think for now, first we have to see what happens with Sharpie's injury. If he goes down for any amount of time I expect to see Morin come up. Really though, hard to actually speculate what he'll do right now. The Hawks are off to a miserable 2012 this January - so more tinkering with lines will be the norm here for a while.
    Yeah that's what I kind of figured, thanks for the input.

The Magnificent One

As a hossa owner sharp going down sucks. But since hossa is the hottest player i would like them to put Kane back with hossa or hossa/toews together to make sure hossa stays this hot.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Dobber Sports Monster

With Sharp out 3 -4 weeks - broken bone in hand( no surgery needed) Ben Smith will get a call up. Also Kruger skated today, went though a more rigorous practice. Not cleared for contact just yet though.

Dobber Sports Monster

Heeeeeey Finally!!! Our first win 2012!! Bout frickin' time.

Stalberg gets the Hattrick!!

Almost another injury as Toews had to get his head stitched up but thankfully he escapes injury!!

Crawford looked solid stopping 32 of 34 shots.

Welcome back Ben Smith and he gets himself a goal.

Much needed improvement on PK. Hawks kill off 5 for 5 including two instigator penalties vs Monty and Mayers.

Leddy still struggling mightily. Another minus-2 tonight.

The downward skid ends and we finally break 2012's cherry with a much needed win.

Next victim: Minnesota.

Dobber Sports Monster

Emery draws the start in goal tomorrow. Kruger practiced again today with some contact. Should be ready to roll by the weekend.

Dobber Sports Monster

As I previously stated and predicted last week, it does appear as if Carcillo will need surgery and thus " in all likelihood" end his one-year Hawks career. Still waiting on more details but I bet he's as good as done.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5722763.story

Dobber Sports Monster

The " kids" doin' their thing...

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/black...0&feedID=10334

Bruno making the most of his limited time...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1348225.story

Morin picking up the scoring pace at Rockford....

http://thethirdmanin.com/2012/01/12/...ore/#more-1803

Tonight we face the Wild at the UC. Emery in net. Kruger still out. Of course as we know Sharpie is out too. This stretch of injuries is gonna be a huge building experience for these kids, Shaw, Smith, Hayes. Hawks will do fine with Sharpie out, and we'll become an even better, deeper team because of it.