Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    He played a pretty solid game. A typical Dubinsky throw some hits and make his presence known type appearance. He's playing the way he was last year when he was putting up good points and driving hard to the net to create scoring chances.

I think the top PP is still Stepan/Richards/Gaborik/Callahan with either DZ or Girardi swapping on the point. The powerplay is in such a funk that one has to assume that when they finally get some goals on the board, they're gonna stick with the line that does it. NYR is 3 for its last 31 on the PP.
    thx for the insight sir!
    fyi last night PP lines:
    MARIAN GABORIK BRAD RICHARDS DEREK STEPAN RYAN CALLAHAN 52.4%
    MARIAN GABORIK BRANDON DUBINSKY BRAD RICHARDS RYAN CALLAHAN 33.3%
    ARTEM ANISIMOV BRAD RICHARDS DEREK STEPAN RYAN CALLAHAN 14.3%

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    little ranger, I need some insight on Anisimov. I have him in a one yr league where Goals = 2, Assists = 1 and PP or SH points get a +1 bonus so a PPG/SHG = 3 points. Artem has really cooled off the last 2 - 3 weeks and im just wondering whether you think he is worth keeping around. In this league you essentially should have forwards producing much less than 1 pool point per game. so 20 goals 30 assists with around 10 on the PP would be a bottom end player. Do you see him getting close to that (he was on pace for that until about mid December)?? thanks.
    Anisimov is still very young so he (like many other young players) is going to be quite streaky this season. He's still with Gaborik despite the struggles but I would be a little worried with the depth of the Rangers as Torts is a big fan of Fedotenko and he's only at 14 minutes a night (although he is a winger). Also, Dubinsky is coming on strong so I think he may force his way onto a line with Gaborik even though he has looked fantastic with Callahan. Anyways, I think Anisimov can still reach career highs in points and assists but I don't think he'll reach 20 goals. I'm thinking moreso 15+32 with about 7 powerplay points.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

Some news and notes on the Rangers players...

-Erik Christensen has been sent down to the AHL for a conditioning stint. Hard to say if we'll see him again this year.
    -Wojtek Wolski is 'discussing with his people' as to whether accept the AHL stint or remain a healthy scratch.
    -Wolski may have the opportunity to draw in on Thursday against the Sens as Dubinsky remains sore from last game and may not be able to play. Dubinsky did not practice today.

Some notes on the Rangers offense/defense

-NY has three goals on the powerplay in their last thirteen games. 3 for last 34 (8.8%)
    -Rangers goaltending has allowed 3 or more goals only two times in its last 16 games.
    -Brad Richards is on pace for 64 points. He hasn't been on pace for that few points (in 82) since 2001. His 2nd year in the league. His defensive play is great so far though.
    -Marian Gaborik is on pace for over 45 goals this season. Could be the second time in three years that Gaborik reaches the 40 goal mark.
    -Ryan Callahan has never reached over fifty points in a season (could have last year if he did not face any injuries). He's on pace for 65. Captain Cally also had a seven-game point-streak snapped last night.
    -Brian Boyle hasn't scored in 21 games. He's getting a fair amount of chances, just no luck. He scored 20 last season. Boyler also ended a 12 game pointless streak last night with an assist.
    -Michael Del Zotto has 15 pts in his last 19 games. Although, he only has 8 pts on the powerplay this season. He hit 4PPG18PPA in his rookie season. In the last three, MDZ has been on the PP about 40% of the time.
    -Girardi is on pace for about 32 pts which is one above last years totals. I expect him to see closer to 35 by the years end due to a more confident shot and some extra PP time.
    -Derek Stepan is on pace for 55 points this season. As long as he keeps playing next to Gabs and Arty, he should end up just around there.

Dobber Sports Monster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kreider

I just needed to share my feelings on this subject but didn't want to sign up for the blog forums I read to do it. [what happened to this thread; it died]

A ton of Ranger fans and NYR Bloggers are hoping BC tanks in the tourney (chanting let's go Air Force!) to get Kreider in the NHL now.

I am real high on Kreider (can't wait for him to make "the show"), but he is not the savior of THIS season. He's only a junior in college, asking him to go right to the pros, just before playoffs and expecting him to perform is setting him up for failure. Learning the NYR system, the pro game, and competing with MEN is a different ball game.

From what I hear, while he was dominant in the NCAA (including a good 2-way game), he was still only tied for 19th in p/g on the #1 seeded team (FYI tied with Justin Schultz... another future Ranger--- WINK WINK). It's not like he was making the league his b!tch all season.

The kid has been real dedicated to his school, education and winning there. Wouldn't he be better served by becoming champion there, having the success there and moving on from there? No unfinished business, no reason to go back, no regret, but taking all confidence with him to the next level.

I don't know why everyone is so hot on rushing players now-a-days. You dance with the one(s) that brought you.

I hope BC wins the whole thing (2 goal game vs. AF is a good start for Kreider)--- GOOD LUCK!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that it would also burn off a year of his entry level contract.
    Last edited by Czechline; March 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    11 Team 1yr. daily update Yahoo Roto League (drafted 6th)
    Roster: 2C, 2L, 2R, 4D, 1U, 2G, 10 B, 1IR (NO max games played)
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, BS, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: J. Thornton, N. Backstrom, P. Stastny, D. Desharnais, Z. Konopka
    L: J. Benn (C/L), Jo. Staal (C/L), D. Perron (C/L), S. Kostitsyn, A. McDonald (C/L), B. Prust
    R: M. St.Louis, B. wheeler, J. Voracek, T. Purcell
    D: S. Weber, A. Goligoski, J. Carlson, D. Seidenberg, J. Gorges
    G: J. Quick, M. Smith, J. Hiller
    IR: --

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Czechline View Post
    I just needed to share my feelings on this subject but didn't want to sign up for the blog forums I read to do it. [what happened to this thread; it died]

A ton of Ranger fans and NYR Bloggers are hoping BC tanks in the tourney (chanting let's go Air Force!) to get Kreider in the NHL now.

I am real high on Kreider (can't wait for him to make "the show"), but he is not the savior of THIS season. He's only a junior in college, asking him to go right to the pros, just before playoffs and expecting him to perform is setting him up for failure. Learning the NYR system, the pro game, and competing with MEN is a different ball game.

From what I hear, while he was dominant in the NCAA (including a good 2-way game), he was still only tied for 19th in p/g on the #1 seeded team (FYI tied with Justin Schultz... another future Ranger--- WINK WINK). It's not like he was making the league his b!tch all season.

The kid has been real dedicated to his school, education and winning there. Wouldn't he be better served by becoming champion there, having the success there and moving on from there? No unfinished business, no reason to go back, no regret, but taking all confidence with him to the next level.

I don't know why everyone is so hot on rushing players now-a-days. You dance with the one(s) that brought you.

I hope BC wins the whole thing (2 goal game vs. AF is a good start for Kreider)--- GOOD LUCK!
    I agree whole heartedley. Everyone seems to think that he'll be the guy that brings them the extra goal in a close game but with the tight stingy team that we have now, I can't see him adapting to the NHL immediately or quick enough at this point. Even as good as Hagelin was at the beginning, at times you could see that he wasn't as comfortable as the veterans.

I really hope they take their time with him as the team is pretty set with what they have and I can't see where he would line up this season with Richards, Cally, Gabby, Hags, Stepan, Anisimov/Dubinsky in the top six.

I wasn't watching the game that intently last night until the 3rd and just noticed Dubi only played 7:51 last night. What gives? He's been playing pretty well lately and seems a lot more confident and strong in the corners compared to earlier in the year.

EDIT --- Just read this on Dubi: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...y-rangers-reac
    Last edited by littleranger; March 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM. Reason: Dubinsky

Dobber Sports Monster

Rangers sign Marek Hrivik to ELC

https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord

Dobber Sports Guru

Is Nash gonna be a blueshirt next year?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Is Nash gonna be a blueshirt next year?
    God I hope not. CLB would need to come way down on their asking price.

Personally I put the odds of Nash to NYR at ~30%, I don't think it will happen.
    11 Team 1yr. daily update Yahoo Roto League (drafted 6th)
    Roster: 2C, 2L, 2R, 4D, 1U, 2G, 10 B, 1IR (NO max games played)
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, BS, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: J. Thornton, N. Backstrom, P. Stastny, D. Desharnais, Z. Konopka
    L: J. Benn (C/L), Jo. Staal (C/L), D. Perron (C/L), S. Kostitsyn, A. McDonald (C/L), B. Prust
    R: M. St.Louis, B. wheeler, J. Voracek, T. Purcell
    D: S. Weber, A. Goligoski, J. Carlson, D. Seidenberg, J. Gorges
    G: J. Quick, M. Smith, J. Hiller
    IR: --

Dobber Sports Stud

I certainly hope Nash will NOT be a ranger next season

looking around the eastern conference I think Philly makes a good trading partner with Cbus considering that they have already made a deal or three. JVR perhaps going back as part of a package although more assets and salary have to move for it to work for Philly on the cap side and for Cbus on the talent side.

Maybe Carolina works well as they have some good young talent on the blueline with a guy like Mcbain as bait. Nash and Staal make a nice pair with size and good enough wheels.

Or perhaps NJD sans Parise, they have quite a few expiring contracts in 2012-13. A guy like Henrique might work as part of a package to lure Rick eastwards.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Ninja

How does this thread have no posts since the end of May after all that went on a few days ago!?!?!?!

In any case, Anton Stralman and the Rangers reached a settlement today on a two year deal:

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
    It's a two-year deal for Anton Stralman, who was paid $900,000 last year. He had two goals in 53 games, but was 3-3-6 in the NY playoff run

Dobber Sports Icon

The Rangers will be that much better in 2012/13.

The Nash signing is the first reason of course, but the healthy return of MIchael Sauer will be huge to this defense corps. Coupled with the re-signing of Stralman at a reasonable cap hit, the top 6 boasts McDonagh/Girardi, Staal/DelZotto, Sauer/Stralman, three excellent duos and the first two are 1/2 on many NHL teams.

But a greatly underrated signing is Aaron Asham. The loss of Brandon Prust is big, he was such a key performer on that bottom 9 and willing to drop the gloves. Asham, in my opinion, is going to be even better than Prust. He's such an underrated player offensively in this league, everyone focuses on his grit and pugilistic skills, but the guy is a perfect signing for this team. He will do very well in a 4th, and possibly 3rd, line role.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

This is an excellent bit of collaboration between Rangers and Blue Jackets bloggers (Blueshirt Banter and The Cannon, respectively) to analyze the Nash trade and what each player brings to their new surroundings. It's a 4-part series, but I can't seem to locate no 3:

Part 1 http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2012/...mors#storyjump

Part 2 http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/7/...e-q-a-part-two

Part 4 http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/7/...nter-part-four

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    This is an excellent bit of collaboration between Rangers and Blue Jackets bloggers (Blueshirt Banter and The Cannon, respectively) to analyze the Nash trade and what each player brings to their new surroundings. It's a 4-part series, but I can't seem to locate no 3:

Part 1 http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2012/...mors#storyjump

Part 2 http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/7/...e-q-a-part-two

Part 4 http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/7/...nter-part-four
    Here's your part "3" http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2012/...annon-part-two

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    The Rangers will be that much better in 2012/13.

The Nash signing is the first reason of course, but the healthy return of MIchael Sauer will be huge to this defense corps. Coupled with the re-signing of Stralman at a reasonable cap hit, the top 6 boasts McDonagh/Girardi, Staal/DelZotto, Sauer/Stralman, three excellent duos and the first two are 1/2 on many NHL teams.

But a greatly underrated signing is Aaron Asham. The loss of Brandon Prust is big, he was such a key performer on that bottom 9 and willing to drop the gloves. Asham, in my opinion, is going to be even better than Prust. He's such an underrated player offensively in this league, everyone focuses on his grit and pugilistic skills, but the guy is a perfect signing for this team. He will do very well in a 4th, and possibly 3rd, line role.
    When asked about Sauer last week, Torts replied that he is nowhere near ready to return and that they have no timetable on his recovery. As an owner, I'm especially hoping for a quick improvement in his health but I wouldn't bank on him being in the line-up from the get-go.