Thread: FA Defenseman...

Dobber Sports Genius

Default FA Defenseman...

For team in sig below considering dumping Leclaire for a backup defense option to secure myself in case Giordano/Karlsson lose value with Kuba/Babchuk now in town..who would you go with based on scoring cats below:

Coliacovo
    Wisniewski
    Demers
    Bieksa
    White
    Bogosian
    Greene
    Kuba
    Foster
    McBain

Dobber Sports Guru

Andy Greene is starting to heat up. 4 points in his last 7 games. 3 of those came on PP. Once the Devils as a team start to play better you can expect him to produce on a good pace so he would be a good addition. I'd drop Leclaire for A.Greene.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Wisniewski. He is the only option in the Island with Striet out. I'm surprised he is available.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Genius

He wasn't until a few days ago....his -13 is killer...but points-wise he's solid and gets plenty of oppurtunity to produce...might grab him and hold him in reserve only ones i'm considering besides him is Foster and Carlo...anyone want to weigh in on this

Dobber Sports Genius

Ended up adding both Colaiacovo and Wisniewski...had to ditch Gionta up front who I'm liking alot as a solid 30-30 option on that line with Plekanec and Cammy...but 9 points in 11 games from Colaiacovo is a bit difficult to leave floating freely in my cash league. Looks like Giordano and Babchuk are both manning CGY PP so it looks pretty secure on that front...Kuba was on the top PP unit for the first Ottawa powerplay alongside Gonchar which I was not happy about but seems like Karlsson/Gonchar is how they operated from that point forward so I see Karlsson as more of my question mark right now than Giordano...sucks I had to dump Gionta but in weekly format Getzlaf Perry Selanne Stastny Bourque Brown would've been my 6 starters with Savard later bumping one of them from the starting lineup in a few weeks which gives little room for using Gionta anyway barring an injury...Leclaire I dumped for Wisniewski as well even though Elliot's recent struggles open the door for him a bit so there's some potential value there but i'm much more confident across the board with Pavelec as my #2 starter and rather holding on to Niemi with my last roster spot as a potential mid-season starter especially in a win heavy scoring setting should he be able to bump Nittymaaki as the #1 in San Jose