Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Welcome, Writers & Articles!

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default Official Welcome, Writers & Articles!

Welcome to the PG Advised - Praba and Gates' Professional Guidance (props to WC17 for that entry!)

With the polls now officially over and a thing of the past, everything seems back to be going back to normal... right? Who am I kidding!?

Has there ever been a forum moment like what we all witnessed over the course of the week? I mean, this event drew so much attention and had so many regulars involved it was amazing. Everyone came out for this one and it shows. Dobber's Decision Time thread was viewed over 3,750 times in less than 48 hours!

Now, how many of you were torn between having to vote for only one party? Would it have been a landslide vote if the option of "both" was there from the start? Probably.

At the end of the day, who stands to benefit from this? All of you guys! Like some have already mentioned, welcome to a whole other level of addiction. Between praba, myself and Dub, you gotta admit, this site just got immediately better. Wise decision by management on this one!

Just remember, don't blink or you'll miss something!

Over the course of the next few weeks, Praba and I will be setting up house. It's like we just moved into an empty house and it needs to be furnished. Meaning, the sub-sections we talked about incorporating (NHL teams and coverage) will come in due time as well as all the other goodies, just need to get settled in first.

That said, we want to keep PG Advised as active as possible, so we're going to need some volunteers or guest contributions. We want several members to be frequent writers for a specific series, a set of articles, Team coverage etc... any and all ideas are welcomed.

How to apply? Send me or praba a Private Message regarding what team you'd like to cover or what type of article/series you'd like to tackle and we might just hook you up with that gig! It's that simple.

Each one of you will help furnish our house. So what are you waiting for? Get packing!

Thanks again everyone, hope you enjoy the view!

GMG

Follow me on Twitter @GMGates for instant updates on ramblings and anything else new in the PG section! - You'll need it!
    Last edited by GMGates; November 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Wow, that was fast!

Listed below are the members who will be covering an NHL Team or a set of articles :

Teams
    Shakedown our Beat Writer for the Chicago Blackhawks
    - Who better to cover the Hawks than our number one Toews fan? Get the latest scoop on everything madhouse related. This is going to be one stellar thread.

JD88 our Beat Writer for the Toronto Maple Leafs
    - After gaining a lot of exposure during his campaign for the section contest. A lot of regular members saw a great deal of potential in his abilities, how can we ignore that!? JD, a die hard Leafs fan will be covering his beloved Maple Leafs. You won't want to miss this!

littleranger our Beat Writer for the New York Rangers
    When you have a team name in your username like littleranger does, you know there's a diehard fan aching to cover their team. We're definitely excited to bring in LR to the beat writer group and we know you'll enjoy every moment of it too.

donions our Beat Writer for the Edmonton Oilers
    After spotting out donions posts, it was easy to see why he was our man for the EDM team. Here's a fan who's not afraid to pick at his team and write about the happenings around the team whether good or bad. He's pumped, we're pumped. Can't wait to see what he's got in store for us!

Big Ev & sovietcanuckistan our Beat Writers for the Ottawa Senators
    Here is a two-for-one combo. Two views, two opinions, and double the reads. Make sure to tune in to this duo as there will be a lot of information to pass around. If you have any senators prospects, especially over in Binghamton, sovietcanuckistan has you covered. As for Big Ev, well you know he'll deliver the goods so make sure to ask him some hard ones, haha!

ericdaoust our Beat Writer for the Montreal Canadiens
    What can I say? When Eric submitted his name to write for MTL, I felt the immediate need to push the "deal" button. Coming onto 3000 posts, he's been around for awhile and his opinions are always well respected. Another dobber forum vet joins an already powerful team to bring you top notch coverage. A great day for the PG section!

Dean Youngblood our Beat Writer for the Detroit Red Wings
    Not only is Youngblood doing a Tea Time section for us, he's volunteered to do the Red Wings coverage.... simply amazing. DY brings a lot of knowledge and personality to our boards, needless to say we're in good hands. Enjoy the ride!

Articles
    MetalDude's Power Chords - MD26 will be publishing an in depth look at a particular prospect to keep watch on, once or twice monthly. MD loves to talk prospects, and we definitely have time in our TV guide to schedule his insights in. One read and you'll be hooked.

Tea Time with Dean Youngblood - Dean Youngblood will kick off his contributions by providing our readers with a "This Day in Hockey History" lesson. We'll go down memory lane with Dean as we remember some of hockey's greatest moments. DY has another set of contributions in the works that will be useful to all poolies, experienced and rookies alike. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by GMGates; November 29, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
    Gates Imbeau

Updated!

Please officially welcome Shake, Dean and Metal to the PGA team!

Great times ahead

GMG
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is turning into the All Star game here!

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    This is turning into the All Star game here!
    And we're just getting our feet wet Doulos! This is going to be one active section and everyone will benefit from it.

There's really two things at play here:

First, PGA is community based. There is so much untapped potential in these forums in terms of people with knowledge and writing potential. Why not share the wealth?

This summer, I decided to write a small feature on player preferences. To my surprise, HockeyPoolGeek saw potential in that late night typo induced post and offered me a gig. Things immediately took off from there. It was (and still is) an amazing feeling. I never knew I had the potential to really expand that small series into what it is today. I won't lie, I still make writing mistakes and typos, but I always look to improve myself with every article that's published - it surely helps having HPG as your editor though! That said, the HPG crew took me under their wing and I'll always respect that.

So praba and I tossed around the idea of finding similar members and help them develop their game. In some cases, they may be already proven (as you can tell) but there will br other names that pop up who will be given the chance to write something, publish it and gain exposure, much like I did.

Secondly, like stated up top, we want this section to be very active. Yes we are adding writers, but the way it's organized it will be very structured and timely. The NHL section will be it's own "department" in the PGA that will have it's own group of beat writers updating us on a personal level with the teams that are chosen to be covered. As for the articles and other contributions, some things will be updated daily, others twice-weekly as well as bi-monthly.

Needless to say, there will always be something brewing in this forum and you guys will love every minute of it.

GMG

edit: Just for you Doulos - ok maybe not JUST for you - welcome JD88 to the team! He will be covering the Maple Leafs! More info above.
    Last edited by GMGates; November 14, 2010 at 8:43 PM.
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Veteran

Happy to be a part of it...waiting in the wings when the teams get up and rolling....I hope to bring more insight than just stats. For a guy that has pretty much watched all 82 games a year for the last 25 years (That would have had me at age 7 but really out of the womb thanks to my old man) I like to think that I know the team and see the little things that may not show up on a score sheet but will have fantasy relivance now or in the future.

Dobber Sports Ninja

JD88 hey? The All Star game just got stronger!

Dobber Sports Giant

Wow! This is getting bigger and bigger everyday! I love it!

Keep it up guys!

Official Announcement -

We now have 5 teams covered, check above to see who they are!

Praba and I are very happy to announce that we will be starting up the NHL Team Coverage in our section very shortly - as soon we get the subforum put in.

Simply unveiling yet another piece of the PG puzzle!

Stay tuned!

GMG

Note that there are still some key teams that we'd like to have covered so it's never too late to apply.
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What happened to the extended ramblings? I think it was called PG13. I like that a lot more than the studs and duds. I don't gain anything from that. A quick glance at the boxscores and I can determine that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs2010 View Post
    What happened to the extended ramblings? I think it was called PG13. I like that a lot more than the studs and duds. I don't gain anything from that. A quick glance at the boxscores and I can determine that myself.
    Hey leafs,

PG13 is a feature Praba takes care of but was swamped this past week, so it got delayed. I'll be doing a version of it probably later on tonight. As for the Studs & Duds, it is true that boxscores generate much of what was said, but it's still something that gets members involved. I personally like the Stud's and Dud's and love getting others to write them as well.

In our section you'll find many different writing styles and articles. Simply skip over the stuff you don't want to read (ie: in your case, Studs & Duds).

btw nice avatar lol...

GMG
    Last edited by GMGates; December 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Veteran

You are the most negative annoying troll piece of crap I've ever seen on Dobber forums.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    You are the most negative annoying troll piece of crap I've ever seen on Dobber forums.
    I'm amazed you have your own section (albeit the least informative) on this forum with such classy posts like this. I simply asked a question.

Thanks Gates, looking forward to the extended ramblings.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm amazed you have your own section (albeit the least informative) on this forum with such classy posts like this. I simply asked a question.

Thanks Gates, looking forward to the extended ramblings.
    Have you read it orrrr? Too busy eatin your bags of doritos and watchin reruns of seinfeld?
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Have you read it orrrr? Too busy eatin your bags of doritos and watchin reruns of seinfeld?
    Good one, don't quit your day job.

I did read it and got some very valuable fantasy insight on what jersey the Rangers are wearing and who is commentating. Thanks!