Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Malkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Malkin

All this news on his knee injury is starting to worry me:

News: Malkin did not take part in the Pens' practice Thursday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Analysis: Malkin dealt with knee problems and a collision with Boston's Shawn Thornton on Wednesday that seemed to knock the wind out of him. Malkin fantasy owners might want to cross their fingers that his nagging knee injury is not serious.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yup, well worrying never produces much. A Malkin owner needs to take what ever happens at this point - his price on the market is certainly discounted. I suspect he is going to get rested - the guy doesn't really need to practice for his own sake.

Dobber Sports Pro

It seems like even when he misses practice he still plays the games. I was offered some crazy deals for him a few weeks ago that I should have taken. lol Either way I think he is playing hurt and even hurt he is still a great player.

We should keep an eye on him but I still think he is a 90+ point player this year. Once the Pens go on a roll we can see Malkin rip off 15 points in 7-8 games or so and we will all be happy again.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm at a point now where I almost don't care anymore what happens to him. This guy has been a total disappointment since I drafted him last year. He's either injured or not doing much when he does play. He was supposed to come back with a vengeance this year. Yeah, right, we're really seeing it!
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calimero View Post
    I'm at a point now where I almost don't care anymore what happens to him. This guy has been a total disappointment since I drafted him last year. He's either injured or not doing much when he does play. He was supposed to come back with a vengeance this year. Yeah, right, we're really seeing it!
    Look who the guy plays with...Letestu and Cooke (and Talbot, I believe) tonight. What a joke! He tries to make plays for them but they just fail.

I just traded Backstrom for Malkin. I'm hoping the numbers will come in waves soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Look who the guy plays with...Letestu and Cooke (and Talbot, I believe) tonight. What a joke! He tries to make plays for them but they just fail.

I just traded Backstrom for Malkin. I'm hoping the numbers will come in waves soon enough!
    Damn, I would trade Malkin for Backstrom in a heartbeat. But, there is no way the other owner would do it. I cannot blame him!

"Hope" is what I always keep hearing when it comes to Malkin. Something is for sure, we do need a lot of faith to still believe that he will ever be back to his former self. What really bugs me about this is that Crosby is also playing with losers, but somehow, he always seems to be able to put up points anyway. That's what a real 100-point player does!
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Banned

I'm not worrying or simply hoping for points to come, I know they will come. He is an elite player and he won't be held back for long.

Like the other poster, I'm still banking on 90 points this year.

Malkin got 113 points in 08-09 playing with average players as well...he is a true 100 point threat. Crosby is just a different beast IMO. Nobody lse in the league can get as many points as he does playing with crap players.

Not making excuses for Malkin but last year he lost his good buddy Petr Sykora, and this year he lost his buddy and mentor Sergei Gonchar. That's gotta take some time to get used to...he was like a father to him. Now there's 0 Russians on the team.
    Last edited by Big Ev; November 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

As I said in my other thread, I don't think it's a matter of "big numbers coming" because he's an elite player.

I think the dude is seriously injured, and the coach is forcing him to play because the pens are struggling and his job is on the line.

If i could find trade malkin for backstrom, I would do it in a heartbeat right now.

I am a Malkin owner as well. I haven't seen much Pens games this year but Malkin's stats (other than points!) seem to be in line - SOGs are strong although I am starting to worry a bit about his overall ice time which seems to be declining (perhaps as a result of his knee injury) - and often a full 2mins or more behind Crosby's.

In any event, no way I'm trading him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    As I said in my other thread, I don't think it's a matter of "big numbers coming" because he's an elite player.

I think the dude is seriously injured, and the coach is forcing him to play because the pens are struggling and his job is on the line.

If i could find trade malkin for backstrom, I would do it in a heartbeat right now.
    They are not denying he's injured, but it's not structural damage to the knee so it should subside pretty soon.

He was playing hurt yesterday but was still flying at times...his linemates just stink. Too bad Staal wasn't healthy

Dobber Sports Ace

He is definitely playing with a tweaked knee which would obviously affect his play. I watched the Pit/Bos game the other day and he was a complete beast out there, he easily could've ended the game with 5 points or more. He seems to be playing well but I think the lack of support on his line plays a big part in why he wound up with 2 points and not 5.
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Expert

Someone in this thread that Malkin isn't an elite player cause he isn't getting points right now because of his linemates? Two 100 point seasons with bad linemates disproved that theory. I'm sorry but injuries cause problems in your game. He is injured. Last year he was injured. Or did everyone suddenly forget? He will finish over a point per gAme at the end of the season. Fantasy hockey is about patience.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Agree with Gaborlick, linemates is no excuse... Crosby is swimming in shit just as Malkin is. Malkin has never had good linemates but that hasn't slowed him in the past.

Unfortunately Gaborlick - point per game isn't good enough for Malkin - most of us drafted him with expectations of 1.3-1.5ppg (at least I did with my 4th pick).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Agree with Gaborlick, linemates is no excuse... Crosby is swimming in shit just as Malkin is. Malkin has never had good linemates but that hasn't slowed him in the past.

Unfortunately Gaborlick - point per game isn't good enough for Malkin - most of us drafted him with expectations of 1.3-1.5ppg (at least I did with my 4th pick).
    Sykora and Malone were pretty good linemates at the time.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Sykora and Malone were pretty good linemates at the time.
    good because of malkin
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.