Thread: Parisé vs Pavelski & Babchuck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Parisé vs Pavelski & Babchuck

Hi,
    As you know, Parisé is out for three months. This guy who plays for next year offered me the trade that is mention in the title. We keep all of our players, and we have 12F 6D 2G and 5 benched. The cap is 80M (we're six teams) and it is 1point for an assist and a goal for the forwards and 2 points per goal + 1 point for assists for the Dmen.

This is my team:
    F:Malkin, Hemsky, Eberle, Giroux, Oshie, Cammalleri, Spezza, Perry, Semin, Benn, Horton, Richards (Mike).

D:Green, Markov, Weber, Karlsson, Johnson, Subban (I know, way too much of Canadiens players but I can't get rid of them!)

B:Parisé, Okposo, Hedman, Ekman-Larsson, Gustavsson.

I think I'm losing in this trade but at the same time my 2 benched players are injured (plus Spezza who should be in not so long). I'm not sure yet if I'm playing for this year or next so I'm trying to aim this year and keep in mind that maybe I'll need to change this mentality in a month or two. Parisé's cap hit is 3.1M, Pavelski's 4M and Babchuk 1.4. I can easily deal with the cap issue though.

Thanks for the answers

Dobber Sports Pro

Don't do this trade, you already said you are losing on it.
    If you aren't sure if you can 'go for it' and win this year then keep Parise safe on your bench. If near the the end of the year and you want to try to win, then Parise can be used as very high end trade bait to get 1-2 good pieces back to help you win.

It's way to early to move Parise for too little when you don't know what your plans are for the rest of this year and next.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not even close! Hold and wait out on Parise. This guy is just trying to grab him at the lowest cost. I know it's going to be tough to wait for him to heal, but it'll be worth it.
    14 Team Dynasty League - 23 man roster, 25 man minors w/ custom cap, salaries & contracts
    Skaters: (Start: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D) - G/A/Pt/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/STP/TOI
    Goalies: (Start 2) - W/GAA/SV/SV%
    C: Schiefele, Zacha, RyJo, Patrick
    LW: Guentzel, J.Robertson, Domi, Kempe
    RW: Puljujarvi, Gurianov, D.Strome, Duchene
    D: Ekblad, E.Karlsson, OEL, Morrissey, Jokiharju, Bear, Weber (LTIR)
    G: MAF, Price, Driedger, Bishop (LTIR)

Minors: (25 max)
    Skaters: Hayton, JAD, J.Boqvist, Dahlen, Bunting, Gusev, Damiani, Groulx, Poehling, Benson, Beaucage, Lind, Sprong,Stankoven, Ahcan, PO. Joseph, McIsaac Goalies: Wallstedt, UPL, Comrie, Ersson, S.Skinner, Skarek, Johansson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank you for the answers, it's really appreciated. I guess I'll wait and hope that I don't have any other injured players (the next FA draft is at the end of January) and I guess that in the worst case, I'll just try for a better trade.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you're worried about compensating for missing Parise for 3 months look at moving Markov, or if you cant move a hab move one of your other d-men. You're simply stacked on D, move a D and a F for an upgrade at F. Deal from your strength to address an issue instead of just making a horrible trade that doesnt really address your problem to begin with.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the idea, can't beleive I haven't thought about it myself!