Thread: Turco or Lehtonen?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Turco or Lehtonen?

Man, I made a serious error by taking Varlamov with my first pick this year (70 players already protected, I didn't take him over guys like Sid or Ovie!), and already dropped him and replaced him with Turco since I think best case scenario for Varly is to split games with Neuvirth, and that's IF he's healthy enough to do it. Marty seemed like a safer bet for the year, lots of questions with Chicago's roster but the core is still intact.

Now with Marty's two lacklustre performances, I'm looking over the FA pool and there's not much to be had. Lehtonen is out there, and it's verrrry tempting, but of course he comes with a LOT of risk. If he stays healthy he could hit 35+ wins this year.

What do you guys think? Drop Marty or wait and hope he turns it around?
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Ace

Turco doesn't have much life left. If he was already on your waiver wire, you may as well grab Lehtonen since Turco will probably be there when Lehtonen goes down. For now, play the hot hand in Lehtonen. His stats have looked really good.

To me, from the limited highlights I have seen of Turco, he seems like he has already given up. Reminds of Bill Ranford near the end of his career. Not enough juice in the tank to stay focused and dig deep to be in the right place at the right time.
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Prodigy

J Williams is useless, dump him and nab Kari--and keep Turco. It's way too early to give up on Turco.

Dobber Sports Ace

just out of curiousity....is Khabibulin available in your league? talk about looking good! lovin the youth movement in front of him too. watch out for EDM this year.

otherwise I may sit tight with Turco. he gets off to slow starts from time to time and always finishes strong (and into the playoffs if that is part of your league).

i also own lehts and have done ALOT of research on him as of late. all reports are that the injuries are behind him. after all he just tweaked something in preseasin and didnt lose any time. that s says alot to me anyway. if with another team i would say jump on him over Turco but its DAL so i say sit with Turco but keep an eye on Lehts.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by icecat View Post
    J Williams is useless, dump him and nab Kari--and keep Turco. It's way too early to give up on Turco.
    Exactly what I was going to say
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price