Thread: Pick 1 - Wins Only

Banned

Default Pick 1 - Wins Only

Who would be your guy for a wins-only pool out of these goalies? Take into consideration that I will never be able to drop them, so whoever I pick I am stuck with for the whole year (i.e. I want whoever wins th most games but also who stays healthy!).

Anderson
    Ward
    Fleury
    Bryzgalov
    Quick

I think it's between Fleury, Bryz, and Ward. Who's your guy?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Fleury, with Bryz as a close 2nd. GAA, SV% and Shutouts is where Bryz leaves him in the dust.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Fleury, with Bryz as a close 2nd. GAA, SV% and Shutouts is where Bryz leaves him in the dust.
    Fleury is underrated, and he shoudl do good all aroudn the board with an improved defense.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    Fleury is underrated, and he shoudl do good all aroudn the board with an improved defense.
    Well see, I guess? I don't really know how much a guy like Michalek is going to help him though? Martin could, but who knows? I'm siding with caution rather than optimism on Fleury until further notice. However, as I said, wins only should go to Fleury.

Dobber Sports Expert

Assuming this isn't the pool in your sig...I'm another vote for Fleury. You can't beat PIT for Wins especially seeing they got a longer summer rest and added some solid additions on their D this off-season. Another year more mature for Fleury...I hope...should equal 35-40 wins.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Banned

Fleury would be a no-brainer if I am able to replace him...but, I can't, so that's why I am hesitant to pick him (this is for a box pool so I am guaranteed any 1 of those guys).

So Fleury even with the injury risk?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Fleury would be a no-brainer if I am able to replace him...but, I can't, so that's why I am hesitant to pick him (this is for a box pool so I am guaranteed any 1 of those guys).

So Fleury even with the injury risk?
    The injury risk is always there, but so is the 35+ wins. No guts, no glory!

Dobber Sports Expert

There's risk with each of these options...

Bryzgalov...never had more than 26 wins in a season until last year. PHO is still rebuilding.
    Anderson...until last season had never played more than 31 games in a season.
    Ward...he got hurt last year and only played 47 games.
    Quick...played 72 games last year and it showed come playoff time...that won't happen again.

Fleury's really only been seriously hurt once. He might get nicked up and miss 2 weeks here or there, but he's still all but a lock to play 60-65 games and he's one of the few G that you can expect 35+ wins in that amount of games. He's also on a team that has improved itself this off-season. Most of the other clubs represented here haven't and are simply hoping their youngsters take the next step in their development.

You're going to 2nd guess yourself regardless. I actually feel Fleury is the safest bet of this group to play 65 games and post a win total right around 38. The other G might get those wins, but they're longer odds.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    There's risk with each of these options...

Bryzgalov...never had more than 26 wins in a season until last year. PHO is still rebuilding.
    Anderson...until last season had never played more than 31 games in a season.
    Ward...he got hurt last year and only played 47 games.
    Quick...played 72 games last year and it showed come playoff time...that won't happen again.

Fleury's really only been seriously hurt once. He might get nicked up and miss 2 weeks here or there, but he's still all but a lock to play 60-65 games and he's one of the few G that you can expect 35+ wins in that amount of games. He's also on a team that has improved itself this off-season. Most of the other clubs represented here haven't and are simply hoping their youngsters take the next step in their development.

You're going to 2nd guess yourself regardless. I actually feel Fleury is the safest bet of this group to play 65 games and post a win total right around 38. The other G might get those wins, but they're longer odds.

Well written response IMO, I agree 100%.
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wins only, hard to beat fleury.

Dobber Sports Wizard

MAF would be my choice.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Banned

Ok thanks guys, looks like it will be Fleury!