Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fantasy Mailbag - Sept. 20

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    That would be Brandon Anderson. I have never seen him play before and will do some hunting and scouting and try to report back on this!

I'm much more intrigued by the other Anderson that signed today ... J.P. Anderson w/ the Sharks. They now have 9 goalies in the system.
    thanks....looking forward to it.
    here's a link to a short piece on his situation from his lawyer's perspective
    http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/2010/09/tuesday_22.html

How usual or unusual is it for an 18 year old undrafted goalie, with only one year of of CHL experience, to be signed to an entry level contract by an NHL club?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Hey Justin,

Thanks for doing this once again.

My question is for a pts only league (3 pts for a W, 2 pts for a SO, -0.6 for each GA and 0.1 for each SV) where I already own Luongo and Bryz and where we play 2 goalies.

Out of these guys, who would you target for 3rd/4th goalie:

Niittymaki
    Elliott
    Smith
    Giguere
    Neuvirth
    Bernier
    Thomas
    Schneider
    ATL goalies
    NYI goalies
    EDM goalies

I think either I grab a good 3rd or I grab Schneider later one to handcuff all VCR games and grab a 4th.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    Niittymaki is a decent choice. Bernier is a high-reward guy that shouldn't be passed up. I'm not sold on Thomas playing at a high level after the hip surgery. You should definitely look closely at Neuvirth. One of the most underrated goalies the past two seasons is Dwayne Roloson. Even if DiPietro is healthy, Roloson will end up playing more games this year I bet.

You already own two steady workhorses that will probably play close to 65 games. Go for quality over quantity. That means Bernier stands out, same with Schneider, as the two goalies I would go for the most. Chris Mason will also post quality stats when he gets to play.

I'd go with Bernier. He's probably making the team and he's most inclined to steal starts due to awesome stats. If you want more of a guarantee, roll with Schneider!
    Justin, can I ask you one more question?

I've completed my draft yesterday and I've been able to grab Bernier, Schneider and even Roloson (with my last pick). I'm super happy, but now it brings me a few "playing" questions.

Like I said, I have 2 goalie spots and they have 83 max. games each (166 games played in total). Do I play Luongo or Schneider all the time? Do I play Bryz all the time? When do I play the other two? I guess it could be a question of playing the matchups or not.

Do you have any thoughts on this?
    Thanks again!