Thread: Puck Daddy Piece

The King of Diatribes

Default Puck Daddy Piece

I was given an opportunity to write a post about my fantasy goalie philosophy for Puck Daddy a few days ago.

I decided to have some fun with it since it's Puck Daddy and discussed Situational Awareness and the importance of that compared to just dissecting stats.

Kind of an adventurous piece but it was a lot of fun and kind of an honor to have a presence on Yahoo! NHL blog.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-269005

Enjoy!

The King of Diatribes

This quote is from the Markstrom article written by Fialkov but I think it's a good representation of what you read in the Puck Daddy Piece:

"I hope [he's the future],'' Tallas said. "He's got a lot to prove. … I tell him whenever you go to any tryout you go to make that club and to be the No. 1 guy. "It's not what other people do or not what they say, but every time he steps on the ice he has to control his area and what he's capable of doing. When he does that, the path will pave itself and he'll be where he wants to be.''

The King of Diatribes

Well, my piece was not received very well by the readers...at all.

Personally, I am not a blogger, so I don't think people liked that it was such a serious and long-winded piece. There was no sarcasm or social commentary, so I was probably doomed to get bad feedback from the get-go LOL.

It doesn't bother me. I think it was over the head of a lot of the guys that left comments because I tried to show that you CAN'T simplify the position, especially on daily fantasy decisions, but the commentors did their best to try and simplify.

You can't simplify. You can't just draft or start based on stats from a previous night.

Oh well, it was still fun to write. I didn't think it was a great article but I was hoping people understood it a little more.

I did learn that I am not a "blogger" at all. Not my style and Puck Daddy is not the kind of platform or audience I should be writing for. A good lesson for myself though!!!

If that same article was posted on The Goalie Guild, probably positive comments instead of negative. Or like I have experienced most of the time, no comments at all.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It was a good article. Guys commenting on Yahoo are pretty much the lowest common denominator hockey fan, so don't take it personally at all
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

When I first started reading your stuff Justin I felt the same way about it as some of the commenters - like "what the hell is this stuff that I am reading?"

But after giving it some time and actually trying to follow what you're writing, I've really come around to it.

Don't take it personally that looking at the game from a different angle other than stating the obvious (ie "So and so made some great glove saves last night - that's a good sign that he has a quick glove hand") will net you some negative feedback.

You provide great info, keep it up.