Thread: Turco or Hiller

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Turco or Hiller

Hey, the draft for our 7-team 1 year rotisserie league was held yesterday. I am quite pleased with my goaltending, having picked up Bryzgalov and Rinne. I hesitated for a while over my third goalie though, having to choose between Turco and Hiller. I felt that Turco might be more of a risky choice but might end up paying big time whereas Hiller might have been a safer choice but with potentially worse numbers. I ended up picking Turco. What would have been your choice (W, Sv%, GAA, SHO)?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would have picked Turco as well. In a roto league with max games where you are going to feed the opposition a steady diet of two top notch goalies - you want a guy on a very good team like the Hawks that you can spot start in good matchups. I think Turco is going to give you a better selection of matchups this year than Hiller will.

Banned

yeah taking Turco in a one year makes a lot of sense though he's by no means a guarantee, if he stumbles badly he could lose his job and you'd be in trouble. Hiller is a tremendous talent, one of the most talented youngsters I've seen in awhile but he doesn't have the stellar team around him that Turco does

The King of Diatribes

Turco as a third goalie is a steal. Echoing what the others have said. Good choice.