Thread: whats the better option

Dobber Sports Icon

Question whats the better option

with the growing number of teams using the tandem system (see the 1a\1b thread), there are fewer starting golaies to be had in a league on draft day. guys, like myself, are now relegated to take the tandems, but is that the better direction?

is it better to take one of the tandem team from multple teams, or take the tandem and start them both?

our league has a weekly roster lock, so theres no daily lineup changes, with 3 active goalie spots. stats: W, SV, GAA.

right now i have 2-1\2? goalies Leclaire, Thomas and...Huet , i have hope that Pascal finally will have the season we've been waiting for (hes my keeper right now), and i really would have liked to see Thomas get traded, there was no hope for Huet.

Dobber Sports Superstar

You need some goalie help. Who's available on the goalie tandems. Probably best to get both goalies on the better team for more wins. If you can't most situations are probably more 60/40 so try and get the 60 side. How many teams who's available?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Icon

J Hedberg
    M Garon
    O Pavelec
    H Lundqvist
    J Peters
    M Smith
    A Auld
    J Deslauriers
    J Theodore
    J Harding
    N Khabibulin
    M Legace
    T Vokoun
    V Toskala
    D Ellis
    J-Sebastien Giguere
    J Bernier
    K Lehtonen
    C Schneider
    E Nabokov
    M Biron
    A Raycroft
    C Mason
    M-Andre Fleury
    M Leighton
    P Budaj
    R Luongo
    T Conklin
    B Elliott
    C Osgood
    T Greiss
    D Roloson
    R Emery

this is todays list, we still have a couple of weeks to finalize the list, but...

the fluery's and luongos will go for big $$ (which i could afford one of), but after that theres not much left for premium guys. and yes i need goalie help..bad

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Spend the money and get an elite goalie, you of all GM's need it and you wont regret it later in the season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Get one of these guys for sure - try not to dick around with tandems in a weekly start league.

H Lundqvist
    T Vokoun
    K Lehtonen
    M-Andre Fleury
    M Leighton
    R Luongo

Get this guy and be patient:

Bernier

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah, as your number one goalie (assuming you start two every week) you should definitely try to nab at least one "guaranteed" starter. The one's Shoeless listed are the most likely, although Leighton is not guaranteed IMO. Also I have heard Giguere is expected to be the starter for the Leafs as long as he plays well.

For your second goalie it's not the end of the world (though not ideal either) getting a 60/40 split. I would target a goalie tandem like Leighton/Boucher, Giguere/Gustavsson, Leclaire/Elliott, and really make efforts to get both if you can. That way you are somewhat protected in case of poor play/injury.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by natgeo View Post
    Yeah, as your number one goalie (assuming you start two every week) you should definitely try to nab at least one "guaranteed" starter. The one's Shoeless listed are the most likely, although Leighton is not guaranteed IMO. Also I have heard Giguere is expected to be the starter for the Leafs as long as he plays well.

For your second goalie it's not the end of the world (though not ideal either) getting a 60/40 split. I would target a goalie tandem like Leighton/Boucher, Giguere/Gustavsson, Leclaire/Elliott, and really make efforts to get both if you can. That way you are somewhat protected in case of poor play/injury.
    we actually start three every week, thus my question: a bonafied starter and a tandem, or bonafied starter and two "better halves"