Thread: Datsyuk for Rinne

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Datsyuk for Rinne

I'm in need of a goalie for the coming season as I only have Kipper and Thomas as my keeper options.

I was thinking of offering Datsyuk for P Rinne.

When I originally enquired about his availability he asked for a younger player but i only had Filatov of any value and i'm short at LW as it is, plus i don't really want to give him up as I have held onto him all through last season.

Am I offering too much in Datsyuk or not enough or about fair?

I think i can handle his loss as i have Crosby and E Staal as my #1 & #2 and a few options for #3 without Datsyuk.

Sorry for the long post.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Pro

Well you need a goalie so I don't think it is that bad. But to be honest if he would accept Filtov for Rinne I would do it. Or see if he can throw in a pick or something if you do Dats for Rinne. Either way you do need a goalie bad so go get one now.

good luck
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Stud

yikes.

I think you're giving up a little too much. I see how you could think you could spare him with E.Staal or Crosby, but don't discount Dats. In my mind, he's still one of the best in the game! In a survey from somewhere (can't remember where) he was ranked the 4th greatest player in the game....he does it all.

He's only like 31...thats' not old. I say you will still get at LEAST another 5 years of elite production from him.

I wouldn't want to move Filatov either seeing's how all your other LW"s are fairly old.

Could you move a RW? you have a bunch of those? Iginla? Maybe even put Semin out there...I know he's younger, and can score in bunches....but he's also injury proned.

I dunno. I guess you DO need goalie help, and it seems like your guy is playing hardball. RInne would be a good guy to grab. I don't think he's going to be elite this year, or even next, but in a couple years he could be one of the best.........but you'll still be getting elite production from Dats at that time.

I don't think I gave you any real help...but maybe just some things to think about.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree with nicka. If he is willing to accept Filatov instead of Datsyuk, go for it. Nothing is sure with Filatov, even if he came sooner in Colombus this summer and without Hitch, he could be a bust. But Datsyuk is the real thing for another few years. If you really need help at LW position, go trade Staal or Datsyuk for an elite left wing player already proven in the NHL.
    12 team Dynasty League (10F-4D-2G) -point only keeper league(8 keepers)/Goalie W(2) SO(1) A(1) OTL/SOL(1)

F: *Kovalchuk, *Kopitar, *Parise, *Duchene, *Hall, Hossa, Elias, Lupul, Horton, Gagné, Setogushi
    D: Shattenkirk, *Karlsson, Fowler, *Carlson
    G: *Rinne, Lethonen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Tough question.
    I assume you have to start 2G.
    How many at each forward position do you start?

(This info needs to be in your SIG)

You have no chance to win this year if you start 2G & Thomas is your #2.
    You are handcuffed there. Ouch.

I'd tell you to go ahead and do it... except... your pool has 8 skater cats & only 3 goalie cats. I've seen pools with 5 skater cats & 4 goalie cats.

Additionally, one of those goalie cats is SO - which will likely be a 0-0 tie many weeks regardless of who your goalies are. I know Rinne got several shutouts each of the last 2 years, but I just don't see Rinne getting a ton of SO having to play in the tough Central division & Western Conference. And NAS lost Hamhuis... which leaves their 2nd & 3rd D-pairs a little weak this year.

Yes - you need a goalie... but I'm a) Not sold on Rinne & b) Think you should be looking at trading somebody less skilled than Datsyuk.

Dobber Sports Ace

Datsyuk is worth way more than Rinne. Ask for picks in return.

In my league, I'd be willing to give up Rinne and probably a 2nd to get Dats. (keep 10ish, 12 teams)
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Tough question.
    I assume you have to start 2G.
    How many at each forward position do you start?

(This info needs to be in your SIG)

You have no chance to win this year if you start 2G & Thomas is your #2.
    You are handcuffed there. Ouch.

I'd tell you to go ahead and do it... except... your pool has 8 skater cats & only 3 goalie cats. I've seen pools with 5 skater cats & 4 goalie cats.

Additionally, one of those goalie cats is SO - which will likely be a 0-0 tie many weeks regardless of who your goalies are. I know Rinne got several shutouts each of the last 2 years, but I just don't see Rinne getting a ton of SO having to play in the tough Central division & Western Conference. And NAS lost Hamhuis... which leaves their 2nd & 3rd D-pairs a little weak this year.

Yes - you need a goalie... but I'm a) Not sold on Rinne & b) Think you should be looking at trading somebody less skilled than Datsyuk.
    I will add this to my sig but we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1W, 2F, 6D and 2G a night from a roster of 30.
    We have 4 goalie stats and 8 skater stats.

If Dats is too much or Rinne isn't the right target who would you suggest going after with my roster?? Or should i offer up dats and see what comes my way?

Thanks for your help so far one and all.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would be willing to part with Dats if I were you, but Rinne isn't worth it. I would target a goalie like Lundqvist or Rask if I was giving up Dats. Preferably Rask as he ties up the BOS tandem and he's a young up-and-comer and you have 2 other older goalies. Another option is to go after Rinne+. I would target a +...maybe a Dats/Lesser LW for Rinne/Better LW...something like that could work for you as well...

I would feel comfortable moving Dats knowing that Staal can move into your #3 C and you have decent depth with Lombardi as your #4. Another option I would consider is moving Staal for a lesser G...maybe you can nab a guy like Howard for Staal+...

Try posting to the other GMs that you are prepared to move either Dats or Staal for the right G as part of a package. See what comes your way and decide from there...Sometimes guys overvalue certain players and you can get lucky just by floating out a feeler...
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks Kenzle1r, I did ask around if anyone was willing to move a goalie but no replies. I think I will need to dangle a player to see if i can get any bites that way.

Dobber Sports Padawan

i don't mind the trade...starting goaltender for a starting center

if Rinne works out, you can then trade Kipper for a decent scorer on the upside during the season...sometimes it isn't the initial deal but the ones that it enables downstream...kind of like the Kevin Bacon game

interesting that you have Semin as a RW...surprised you can not flip him the LW slot and survive the loss of Filatov

BTW...i would move filatov instead if he would take it...young head case, somewhat fragile in build, unproven, KHL flight risk
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Move Filatov for Rinne or dangle Datsyuk for another goalie, but DO NOT trade Dats straight up for Rinne. The team in front of Rinne is not that offensively impressive and with the Wings acquisition of Modano, Dats will be paired this season more often than not with Zetterberg and that is pure gold.

Dobber Sports Ace

One of the managers came back and offered me Backstrom (not for Dats I might point out ). He also stated that he had Lundqvist and Halak and would not be trading either of them.

I threw him a bone and asked if he would be interested if we put something together including Dats. I shall see what he says.

Loki - interesting that you have Semin as a RW...surprised you can not flip him the LW slot and survive the loss of Filatov
    We use yahoo for our league and he is a RW and i'm weak at LW so need to keep Filatov for options.