Thread: Michael Leighton predictions 2010-2011

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Michael Leighton predictions 2010-2011

We know he will be the starter this season. What can we see for wins gaa sv% so. He is playing in front of a good team so 35 wins should not be that hard? 2.50 gaa 9.15 sv% 4 So. I am crazy with these thoughts? He is someone I think may slip come draft day?

Thoughts
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Administrator

Pretty hard to predict his stats because he's never had a starting job for a full season. In fact 35 wins next season would be exactly one more than he has total in his career. That is still a total I think he can hit. He won 62% of his starts with Philly last season and I think if they keep his starts down he can match that percentage or if he's overworked a bit then his percentage will slip. I have him pegged for 55 starts and 34 wins. If he gets 5-10 more starts I can't see his win total changing all that much. More starts will mean more losses for Leighton because he's not a workhorse. At least not yet.

As for peripheral numbers. Leighton has a career .902 save percentage. While he posted a .918 save percentage for Philly last season. I'd predict he'll be closer to his career average. Maybe pick a happy medium because the defense in Philly will definitely help his save percentage by clearing out rebounds. His GAA is 2.94 on his career while again he posted career numbers of 2.48 last season. I think that he'll slip a bit over a full season and round out an average closer to 2.60-2.70.

He's not a strong shutout candidate having only 4 in his career but I think in a full season playing behind that Philly D he's capable of getting 4, I just wouldn't count on it.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

I wouldn't count on Leighton being the full-time starter in Philly. I think he'll get first crack at it, but I think he'll be on a short leash. Boucher has the ability to steal the thunder if he gets the opportunity early. I'd try to draft both of them to cover your bases.

I see Leighton with high twenties or maybe low thirties in wins.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Stud

I think its going to boil down to each goalies prospective health

can they handle a full season of NHL starting goalie hockey

whichever guy can do that will get the lions share due to the other guy not suiting up
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Genius

I predict that he will end the year as back up, if not he will be on a different team...as a back up.

Well, maybe this will help shed some light. I needed some insurance at goalie, with having only Halak as my starter. The only two options available as full time starters were Lehtonen and Leighton. I felt compelled to take both, and pass over some higher valued prospects.

Wasn't happy about it, but had to make sure that position was covered. As soon as mid-season happens upon us, and I have a better feel for my goalies, I will most likely be moving/dropping one to make room for a prospect at that position.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I always find that, not matter who Philly throws out there in front of them, Philly goalies always disappoint me. I would expect more of the same from Leighton. With having Boucher steal some starts, this is how I see things shaking out for Leighton:

24-29 wins, 2.60 - 2.65 GAA, .905 sv%, 2-3 shutouts.

Take from this what you will.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I always find that, not matter who Philly throws out there in front of them, Philly goalies always disappoint me. I would expect more of the same from Leighton. With having Boucher steal some starts, this is how I see things shaking out for Leighton:

24-29 wins, 2.60 - 2.65 GAA, .905 sv%, 2-3 shutouts.

Take from this what you will.
    My prognosis isn't that far away from NYR's.

As a guess, I'm saying 32 wins, 2.40 GAA, .910sv% 3 shutouts.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov