Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite goalie of all-time?

Dobber Sports Guru

Grant Fuhr - absolutely the fastest glove I have ever seen, guy was unreal.

Andy Moog - Just used to love the Bruins in those days of Neely Bourque and Moog

Dobber Sports Legend

And I have to say Tretiak is one of the most interesting goalies ever and in my top five favorites of all-time. I wish I was able to see more footage of him and see him play live at least once.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hasek because there is never a dull moment watching the dominator, he swims in the crease making snow angels, is terrible when he leaves the crease to play the puck but still somehow makes the save almost every time.

I don't know how many times I was yelling at Hasek when he played for the wings...."Get in your dam net, what are you doing, oh my God how did he stop that."

Pure joy to watch
    12 team dynasty league
    H2H:G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,Hits, W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily Lineups: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2UTIL,5BN
    C: Datsyuk, Kopitar, Sedin, Staal, Ott
    LW: Ovechkin, T. Ruutu
    RW: Hossa, Horton, Backes
    D: Lidstrom, Edler, Enstrom, J. Carlson, Boyle, Shattenkirk
    G: Luongo, Miller, Rinne
    5 prospects(40game limit): B. Smith, Lindback, Toffoli, Calvert, Morin

Dobber Sports All-Star

#1) Mike Palmater: CBC force fed us Leafs games back in the day...wait, they still do..but there was something about watching Mike that made it ok

#2) Ron Hextall: no one defended the net like he did; pucks and opponents were both unwelcome in his crease!!

#3) Kirk Mclean: i was a huge Canucks fan back when he was their 'keeper; often thougt he was underappreciated.
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

with out a doubt the dominator dominik hasek. i still remember the good days and him calf chopping Roy man were those good times.

Ray Emery, Fleury when he had those yellow pads, dan cloutier cuz i loved to hate him when he was a canuck ripping on him everytime they lost and for that beating he put on tommy salo and calling out the isles bench after. never got to see Hextall play live but from what ive seen im sure i woulda loved him.
    Last edited by sexymountain; August 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Alright, I'll date myself...

Gerry Desjardins -cuz that's the m-fer I idolized when I was growing up. Not exactly a HOF-er, but I was a kid...didn't really matter to me.

...and of course, his arch nemesis in the mid 70's Gerry Cheevers. I just loved to hate that guy!!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

Ron Hextall - he came to the ice to do 2 things and 2 things only....stop pucks and kick a$$

Grant Fuhr - no words....oh wait, how about awesome!

Martin Brodeur - and I am a Flyers fan....that has got to say something about this guy!
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1. Grant Fuhr

I loved his mask when I was kid and he was spectacular. I sometime miss the acrobatic styles of the 80's

2. Ron Hextall

Empty goals were always exciting and I was a Nordiques fan

3. Evgeny Nabokov

I really only had 2 that I can consider clear favorites. I'll go with Nabokov as a third since he was a key player for my last 3 years keeper championship

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Felix The Cat Potvin - as a leafs fan just getting into hockey and having a goalie you could watch steal games, hard to not like him...

Jason Labarbera - hes a big body, moves well, fun to watch and fun to be around, anyone that has met him should be able to tell yea that hes a charachter and a half...

Todd Ford (ok he hasn't played in the NHL) - anouther big body, fastest left to right goalie I've seen! Happy go lucky guy and just loves the game and everything in it.

Tim Cheveldae - someone mentioned Bob Essensa above, well Tim was solid for the Wings at the same time and they were traded for each other and fun to watch with his stickwork blocking shots...

Cujo - Pad stacking, rolling saves... does this need explanation... just fun to watch...

David LeNeveu - anouther quick left right goalie... bit undersized but hard worker and under valued... Always loved this kid's compete level

Pasi Nurminen & Rick Tabaracci - who remebers the big glove saves doing the splits and spinning on thier Asses!!! never thought id see anouther Tabaracci, then came Pasi...

Just a few of my favorites I've seen in the past 20 years....
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would have to go with:

1. Mike Richter - Figure out why...

2. Patrick Roy - The GREATEST of all time. EAT IT, MARTY!

3. Kelly Hrudey/Tom Barasso - I just really enjoyed watching games they played in.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I would have to go with:

1. Mike Richter - Figure out why...

2. Patrick Roy - The GREATEST of all time. EAT IT, MARTY!

3. Kelly Hrudey/Tom Barasso - I just really enjoyed watching games they played in.

As I read through everyone's favorites and enjoyed all the stories, I kept waiting for some love for Tommy B. Die hard Pens fan since I could skate up and down my drive way humming The boys of winter. He was the man in net when I grew up watching the Pens. He definitely had some badass in him, but not a sleeze like the images of belfour in fubu I can vividly recall.

One of 4?5? goalies to win the calder and vezina in the same year. I remember watching him do local car commercials and thinking wow do all goalies look this skinny without their pads on? wierd.
    Yahoo H2H League: 12 Team, Full Keeper, 26 players plus farm team (3 round prospect draft, players<100gp)
    G,A,P,+/,PIM,PPG,PPA,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,W,Sv,Sv%,GA,GA%,SH O

Centers: Crosby, Duchene, Ribeiro, Weiss, Backlund, Shore
    RW: Eberle, Voracek, Horton, Grabner, Atkinson
    LW: Parise, Ovechkin, Moulson, Ennis, Tlusty, Boedker,
    D: Shattenkirk, Carlson, Del Zotto, Barrie, Faulk
    G: Pavelec, Varlamov, Lindback, Enroth

Farm: Lehner, Stalock, Salak, Yakupov, Rattie, Gudbranson, Josefson, Josi, Bjugstad

Dobber Sports Pro

1) Grant Fuhr - The rock at the back for the majority of the 80's Oilers run. The first goalie I loved watching play. Could win the 2-1 games and the frequent 6-5 games during the high flying era. How can you not love a guy when asked regarding an off day during the finals why he played 36 holes of golf one day, he replied, "Because it got too dark to play 54." Fell into tickets for his first game following his suspension and saw him defeat the Devils at the BBA. Canada Cup '87. Nuff Said.

2) Miikka Kiprusoff - Almost seems BORED out there sometimes. I Love watching him play and with the Center Ice, I get to see a lot of his games because they start at 10:30 EST. Plays with such confidence and doesnt get shaken off his game often. Bittersweet to seem him stumble against the US at the Olympics but loved that he came right back and earned a Bronze medal.

3) Henrik Lundqvist - King Henrik is my guy to enjoy watching for the next decade. I dont have a favorite team but have enjoyed the Rangers ever since they became the Oilers East in the early 90's. Lundy is an elite goaltender and seems to be just as cool off the ice. Hopefully, the Rangers can let him showcase his skills in the playoffs.

Honorable Mentions - Tomas Vokoun, Evgeni Nabokov, Steve Mason, Chris Osgood, Marty Turco, Felix Potvin
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Pro

From the good old days.....

1. Ken Dryden
    2. Cheevers
    3. Plante
    4. Sawchuk
    5. Parent
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Banned

Roy - best to ever play the position IMO

honorable mentions to guys like Fuhr, Tretiak, Hasek

Dobber Sports Ace

I know I already posted my top 3 but I thought this was deserving of an honorable mention:

Jim Craig....."do you believe in Miracles?"
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk