Thread: Some Goalie battles

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Some Goalie battles

Who (if anyone) wins the majority of starts for each?

Ellis/Smith in Tbay
    Pavelec/Mason in Atlanta
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The King of Diatribes

Dan Ellis will easily handle the bulk of games in Tampa Bay. I believe I said it would be 55/27 but I'll revise it to match what I posted in a thread further down the line.

***I actually had 60/22 in the "Terrible Tandem" thread so expect it to be close to that than what I put above. I think the biggest key will be Ellis' durability. He's not the bulkiest goalie in the league, but I know he has been training very hard this summer and working with Kettle Bells in order to gain more muscle. He should be good for 60 games no problem.

If/when Pavelec is signed, he will handle the bulk of games in Atlanta. Pavelec is going to be on my list of "sleepers" and "goalies to watch" for this season as I feel he is going to display more mental maturity and be a little less "streaky" than he was last season. He has issues controlling his emotions in my opinion and as time goes on, he'll improve that area of his game. There's still some volatility to his fantasy value, however. But overall if I had to say right now, I would peg Pavelec for close to 55 games.

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks man! Good stuff as always.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev