View Poll Results: Who to start tonight? Pick two.

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lundqvist @ PHI

2 40.00%
  • Boucher vs NYR

4 80.00%
  • Quick @ COL

1 20.00%
  • Clemmensen vs TB

2 40.00%
  • Deslauriers @ ANA

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Who to start - H2H final

Dobber Sports Star

Default Who to start - H2H final

It all comes down to today... I've got a slim lead going into today's games.

Sooo.... Philly or NYR? I've got both Boucher and Lundqvist, and the outcome will probably decide whether I win the H2H final today!

It's a fantasy points -style H2H with positive contributions for SVs, wins, and SO, and negative points for GA. Generally, a win is in the order of 2-3 points, depending on how many goals the winning tender lets in. A shutout is usually in the order of 7 points.

Here are my options:

Lundqvist @ PHI
    Boucher vs NYR
    Clemmenson vs Tampa
    Quick vs COL
    Deslauriers @ ANA

Lundqvist vs Boucher - huge game. I like Philly more than NYR but Lundy is a big game goalie... so I'm leaning his way.

I support I could start both Lundy and Boucher to lock up the win, but if it's a high scoring game (more than about 4 goals total) that could hurt more than it helps.

Clemmenson has been hot lately, and generally hasn't been letting in too many.

Quick has been losing despite LA grossly outshooting the opposition. Letting in 3 goals on 16 shots gives about -1 fantasy points... so the downside here just seems to much. I'm tempted to start Quick and leave both Lundy and Boucher on the bench to avoid the agony of guessing wrong, but I suspect I'm overthinking things.

I'm leaning towards Clemmenson and Lundy.

Come on Nation, help a guy out!
    Last edited by fantasyhockeygeek; April 11, 2010 at 12:57 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole, Geek. Oh could I be the guy who gave you the wrong advice which lost you the pool!

Ersberg is penciled in for the start isn't he?

I might ask who your closest opponent has going in net.

Dobber Sports Star

Talking

My opponent has Niemi and Fleury - thank god it looks like the Pens will start Johnson!

And to Shoeless and the rest of Dobber Nation - I hold none of you responsible for the choice I will ultimately make... I just want some discussion around the situation so I can try and make the right educated guess!

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd go with Boucher and only Boucher. That's a win for you. I just don't have faith in Rangers.

I wouldn't touch Clemmensen with a ten foot pole tonight. Panthers are fighting for a top-3 pick and are facing Stamkos who's fighting for Richard Trophy. It's going to be a high scoring game which both want to lose.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He has to be nervous about Niemi I would think.

Clemm looks right to me, HPG - after that you are on your own. My gut tells me that the Flyers prevail but that's all I can give you. Logic says Lundy is the best goalie on the day and they are fighting for a playoff spot so he needs to bring his A game - can he?

Carter, Richards, Briere, Gagne, Giroux, ..... at home with the pride of Broadway in their loins? I dunno.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks Carcillo - I don't feel so lonely now in my favoring Boucher.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would be going with Boucher (also think Flyers win) but I don't see this game being a high scoring affair. Too much to lose so I would expecta cautious game for both squads.

Lundqvist @ PHI - could start him but I wouldn't
    Boucher vs NYR - I think you must start him but it could be a nervous afternoon for you
    Clemmenson vs Tampa - I'd start him. Tampa rarely puts consecutive good games together.
    Quick vs COL - I think LA wins.
    Deslauriers @ ANA - DEFINITELY DO NOT START HIM

I would start:
    Boucher
    Quick or Clemmy (pick one) - since Ersberg is starting (LWL) then you probably should go with Clemmenson

I'd be tempted to start your best goalie Lundqvist and Boucher and lock up the wins as I don't expect high scoring.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I am a big believe in playing your best and I would have Lundy in my net.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hope you started both Lundy and Boucher, HPG - heck of a goalie outcome for a H2H of two goalies.

Dobber Sports Star

I wish I had the jam to do that, Shoeless! I chickened out because I convinced myself that the risk of it blowing up in my face was too much. In the end, Boucher picked up 3.3 FPTS in the win, and Lundy had 3.8 in the loss... it, indeed, would have been mighty nice.

Matchup isn't over yet... my slight lead is holding but the night ain't done! Here's hoping Clemmenson and the Cats storm back in the 3rd!

Thanks everyone for your input. Much obliged.