Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who Makes it to the Show?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who Makes it to the Show?

I am in a huge 30 team keeper and my squad went into full rebuild mode last season when I blew it up and went after prospects. Some of my guys are doing well but I wanted to see what people put the chances at for making the NHL out of camp next season.

I will list them with my % that they make it to the opening day roster(accounting for injuries, KHL, etc):

KYLE BEACH - 45%
    ANDREI LOKTIONOV - 55%
    JORDAN EBERLE - 95%
    TJ HENSICK - 30%
    CODY HODGSON - 50%
    TYLER ENNIS - 80%
    NIKITA FILATOV - 85%

PK SUBBAN - 95%
    YANNICK WEBER - 35%
    LUCA SBISA - 75%
    MAXIM GONCHAROV - 35%
    MAXIM NOREAU - 30%

DUSTIN TOKARSKI 60%

Perhaps I am totally out to lunch.....I'd appreciate any insight or comments.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Eberle, Subban and Ennis for sure NHL bound next year. Loktionov has a real good chance in my opinion

Dobber Sports Guru

I think Hensick will either be back in the show for the Avs or dealt. His 70 points in under 60 games in the AHL are going to get him back on a team. They might have brought him back up this year, but they'd have lost him on re-entry waivers.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Sbisa is ready. Hensick will be up somewhere(in Colorado or traded), crazy that you only gave him 30%..

One of: LOKTIONOV/SCHENN will take one of Frolov, Modin, Halpern's spots next year. I think the Kings grab a big name like Kovalchuk in the summer.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

With Hensick he has already had a few chances to crack the line up. That and I believe he cleared waivers when he was sent down to the AHL. Is there character issues there? bad work ethic? who knows....

I hope he does get the nod but I get a feeling he is done in Colorado.

Where do you put his shot for opening day Zorro? As high as 50/50? It could be I guess.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbannnn nnnn!

The NHL is going to love this kid

Dobber Sports Pro

Noreau is undersized, on Minny they have Zidlicky, Burns & Barker ahead of him. lower %.

Not sure about the contract status of TB goalies but Tokarski seems high 60% especially as he has just 1 AHL season.

Honestly I think Henick will be traded. And no I am not a Leafs fan, but I see him going to the Leafs or Islanders. Not sure why, just a hunch. I say 90% he is in the NHL to start the year next season..

Dobber Sports Expert

KYLE BEACH - 20%, I don't think he'll make it on account of his attitude, and he plays a very similar game to Skille, wiht more offense.
    ANDREI LOKTIONOV - 65% Once he gets over his injury, he'll probably be awesome in the NHL, tons of skill.
    JORDAN EBERLE - 75% I personally don't think he's ready for the NHL, but the Oilers seem to mess up all their prospects by rushing them.
    TJ HENSICK - 80% He's very close to the NHL and has already played in the NHL before.
    CODY HODGSON - 90% He will be in teh NHL next year almost gauranteed, if not for injuries.
    TYLER ENNIS - 80% He'll probably stay next year, as he's already made his debut this yar.
    NIKITA FILATOV - 85% Unless he runs into more problems with coaches, he's also in.

PK SUBBAN - 95% Yeah, he's dominating the AHL, and he's not doing bad in the NHL
    YANNICK WEBER - 35% He's doing ok in the AHL, but I think he'll need at least another year before he hits the NHL.
    LUCA SBISA - 75% IMO, he should spend a year in the AHL, but he'll probably be rushed.
    MAXIM GONCHAROV - 35% If he comes over, he's going to have to spend some time in the minors.
    MAXIM NOREAU - 45% Has already spent two seasons in teh AHL, but I don't see him in the NHL yet.

DUSTIN TOKARSKI 10% The Lightning will get another goalie from FA, and Tokarski jsut isn't ready yet. IMO, Ramo will opt out of his 2nd year in the KHL and come back.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Honestly I think Henick will be traded. And no I am not a Leafs fan, but I see him going to the Leafs or Islanders. Not sure why, just a hunch. I say 90% he is in the NHL to start the year next season..
    Doubt he has any trade value. Let's remember he passed waivers earlier this year. Seems to me like career AHL'er is written all over him.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Doubt he has any trade value. Let's remember he passed waivers earlier this year. Seems to me like career AHL'er is written all over him.
    I think like what Zorro said, if he was traded, and every player like him has some value, he could be a very good player. Think Gilbert Brule?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    I think like what Zorro said, if he was traded, and every player like him has some value, he could be a very good player. Think Gilbert Brule?
    Brule is a completely different player than Hensick. A former top-6 pick, a few years younger and plays much more grittier style of hockey.

But we shall see how Hensick pans out. I'm not expecting much from him obviously.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hensick might be life long AHL material, next season will spell it out clearly.

He has certainly put it all together this year in the AHL, but he has had a shot already and he is no spring chicken in prospect terms. It will be an interest camp for him I am sure....

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Brule is a completely different player than Hensick. A former top-6 pick, a few years younger and plays much more grittier style of hockey.

But we shall see how Hensick pans out. I'm not expecting much from him obviously.
    I meant something like it. Is hyped when he's drafted, but once he comes up, he doesn't do that good, and once he moves teams, he looks like a new man.

Quote Originally Posted by willdog View Post
    Hensick might be life long AHL material, next season will spell it out clearly.

He has certainly put it all together this year in the AHL, but he has had a shot already and he is no spring chicken in prospect terms. It will be an interest camp for him I am sure....
    HAHA, I could just as easily say>> well 3 years from now we will have our answer.

Hensick will be traded, Hensick will get another shot in the NHL next year..