Thread: Kevin Connauton

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kevin Connauton

Led the WHL in rookie scoring this season. As a defenseman. 3rd on the Vancouver Giants in scoring. 72 points in 69 games is pretty impressive for a rookie D. Mike Green never broke the point per game mark until his great season with the Caps. So what's the deal with Connauton? Is he ready to step up to the AHL level after a lone season in the WHL? Seems to me his defensive game would improve, which is his current project anyway judging from what I've read about him. Should be a few years away from the NHL given Vancouver's depth at D, but I hope to see him in Manitoba next season. Could we be looking at Mike Green-lite here? Remember Green had unimpressive offensive numbers until he struck gold in Washington in his 3rd NHL season. What's Connauton's upside in the NHL?

12-Team H2H Dynasty League
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, SHP, PIM, +/-, SOG, GWG, FW, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Berglund, Anisimov, Ennis
    LW: Kovalchuk, Kariya, Neal, Benn, Lucic, E. Kane
    RW: Briere, Boyes, Hejduk, Giroux, Bergfors
    D: Markov, Pronger, Kaberle, Whitney, Karlsson, Carlson
    G: Lundqvist, S. Mason, Ellis

Farm (up to 40 NHL GP)
    Boychuk, Eller, Schroeder, Morin, Tedenby, Josefson, Burmistrov, Skinner

Dobber Sports Stud

Don't forget that he played a season at Western Michigan so although he is technically a rookie, he is 20 years old.

That being said as an owner I am impressed with what he has done this year and the fact that he plays for the Giants means the Canucks have had a good look at him all season. I hope he turns pro next season and is the offensive D the Canucks have been looking for in a few yaers.

Not sure of his upside. He has decent size @ 6' 1" but needs to add some weight. I'm hoping for a decent 40+ upside.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Ace

Could we be looking at Mike Green-lite here?

He does not have a Green like skill set and defensively is a long way from the NHL.

As a 20 yr old in the W he didn't look very good defensively in the 10 games or so that I have seen him play in this year.

IMO his chances of making the NHL will depend on his ability to pick up the defensive game or he will be stuck in the AHL.
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)