Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
What I find odd, is that every real "hockey" fan in the U.S that I have ever talked with always roots for Canada in any and every International hockey event.... But Canada fans always root against the US....
I dont know where you live bro, but I live in southern California which is one of the areas of the States that is looked at as having a very weak hockey following, and we're all rooting for the U.S. We give each other shit nonstop about who's better, the Ducks or the Kings, but when it comes to America, we're on the same side.

If you've got American friends or acquaintances cheering for Canada, you really gotta wonder wtf is going on. I consider myself to be a pretty die hard hockey fan, and although I like my Flyers (Richards, Pronger...) on Team Canada, I'm by no means cheering for them. Canadians are cocky when it comes to their hockey and I think it'd be great if the U.S. could start to be too. The American hockey program is strengthening (as shown in the fact that Kane and JVR went #1 and #2 overall just recently) and although many people overlook the U.S. as a powerhouse, I think in a few years they can solidify themselves as a legitimate contender each year (or 4).

If you live in Philly...and you cheer for Pittsburgh...you're a ****up. Just like if you live in America and you cheer for Canada or vice versa. One of the greatest things about sports is rivalries and if you have someone playing both sides of the fence, you gotta put him down as much as you possibly can until he realizes he's a dumbass and sticks with his home country (or team).