Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Hodgson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    Just wondering.

AT the end of the OHL play-offs for the Battalion (I don't see them getting that far), is it possible or even fathomable that the Nucks bring Cody up for the play-off run?

Like Angus said, he is an upgrade on Wellwood and injuries always play their part in the play-offs.

Is it more likely that he sees some time with the Moose? Or does he go bus-squatting with strength coach Gagner in the Arctic tundra a la Rocky 4?
    He could be called up to the Canucks, but I'd bet he goes to the Moose.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    Sparrow!

Just wondering if there are any elite prospects that you don't own in your 16 team league. Holy S%$#.
    LOL I made so many trades to come to this. Been doing and winning my fair share of fantasy for 25+years. Thought b4 I retire Id like to try somthg different and build a team from scratch. Despite being in last place(with the 1st pick in the rookie draft - tongue in cheek)Its the most fun Ive ever had. Just imagining what this team could do in the future.

Dobber Sports Guru

Won't be getting called up anymore -- broken toe sidelines him for the season

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=105091&spln=1

Good news is that it's not his back and he's shown he's still got the skills. A long summer to get ready for Canucks camp might be good for him.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Padawan

He should be back for the post-season.

From the Battalion's website.

"With the Battalion, third in the Central Division and fifth in the Eastern Conference, having clinched a playoff berth, the decision was made to give Hodgson rest and permit the injury to heal in anticipation of the postseason.

“It was important to clinch a playoff spot,” said Hodgson. “I was able to play through the pain to get us to this point. If I give it a couple of weeks’ rest while I’m wearing a walking cast, it should heal up pretty well.”

Said Hodgson: “I need to make sure it’s healthy and ready to go. I could play on it, but the doctors have advised me to stay off it and not put any undue pressure on it. I talked to the coaching staff, and we decided it was best to take all the precautions we can with it.”

The Battalion’s regular-season schedule ends Sunday, March 14, with the team’s opening-round playoff series expected to start the following Thursday or Friday night. The Kingston Frontenacs are the likely opponents."

Super Moderator

I don't think it is, but I hope this isn't a preview for an injury plagued player.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smack1919 View Post
    I don't think it is, but I hope this isn't a preview for an injury plagued player.
    The back is definitely something worth worrying about, but a broken toe from blocking a shot isn't really a red flag. He did play something like 100 games last season (junior season+junior playoff+AHL playoffs).

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Stud

So, how much does Kesler's new contract seriously kill Hodgson's time with the Canucks, and furthermore, how much does it hurt his fantasy options?
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Star

Not at all.

If you thought Hodgson was just going to step into the 2nd line C job, you're dreaming. Hodgson is definitely an upgrade over Wellwood on the 3rd line, though!

Besides, Demitra is a UFA and probably won't be brought back, so if all works out well Hodgson could play centre with Kesler at RW, just like Kesler played with Sundin.

Loads of options still - far too soon to worry about a Kesler-Hodgson conflict.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    Not at all.

If you thought Hodgson was just going to step into the 2nd line C job, you're dreaming. Hodgson is definitely an upgrade over Wellwood on the 3rd line, though!

Besides, Demitra is a UFA and probably won't be brought back, so if all works out well Hodgson could play centre with Kesler at RW, just like Kesler played with Sundin.

Loads of options still - far too soon to worry about a Kesler-Hodgson conflict.
    If Hodgson had been healthy.... , well the 2nd line job in 10/11 would not have been that huge of a dream IMO.

He really has the better offensive skillset and would be the guy I would keep in keeper leagues for fantasy purposes.

In the end the Canucks are going to have the best top 3 center depth in the league, after years of lagging behind in this department.
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
    If Hodgson had been healthy.... , well the 2nd line job in 10/11 would not have been that huge of a dream IMO.

He really has the better offensive skillset and would be the guy I would keep in keeper leagues for fantasy purposes.

In the end the Canucks are going to have the best top 3 center depth in the league, after years of lagging behind in this department.
    You mean he MAY eventually have the better offensive skillset. Kesler has been nearly a PPG player all season, and Hodgson has yet to play a game for the Canucks. Sure, maybe in 3 or 4 seasons, Hodgson will be the superior offensive talent, but now? Not a chance. Prospects are unproven and risky, established NHL players like Kesler are a far better bet, in both real and fantasy hockey.

Besides, I wouldn't peg Hodgson's upside at anything higher then 80-85 points. He's a top-notch prospect who brings a complete package, but his fantasy value shouldn't be overestimated.

Chances are Hodgson will earn the third-line center job this fall, and probably won't hit any more then 40 points for his rookie season, as the Canucks have no need to rely on him like most other teams do with their top rookies. In the 2011-12 season, assuming nothing changes too drastically, Hodgson will probably play the wing with Kesler on the second line. A decision about who to keep long-term would probably have to be made within the next three years, assuming Hodgson develops properly.
    Salary-capped 30-team keeper pool

C: Lecavalier, O. Jokinen, Sobotka, Prust, Stone, Colborne, Skinner
    LW: Ott, Kariya, Filatov, Zharkov, Tambellini, Duco
    RW: Mueller, Kostitsyn, Vrbata, Neil, Zharkov, Petrov
    D: Phaneuf, Karlsson, White, Del Zotto, Foster, A. Greene, Babchuk, Goncharov, Josi, MacDonald, Ness
    G: Rask, Thomas, Holtby

FW Stats: P 2, +/- 2, PIM 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, GWG 2
    D Stats: P 4, +/- 2, PIM 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, GWG 2
    G Stats: W 10, L 0, OTL 5, SO 10, A 10, PIM 1

Super Moderator

Back injury flares up again. This has to have the Canucks worried just a bit that it's not going away.

Hodgson Back Injury
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

DAMMIT ive been stashing him for so long.

Dobber Sports Guru

Ugh. Definitely not great news. I'd think this will self him (no Moose games), which might not be a bad thing.