Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hodgson

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    20 points in 12 games.
    Thanks for the updates Stone, Certainly great news.

Gotta wonder what the plan in Vancouver is next season with Kesler and Sedin already there. I guess we cant expect much of an impact by Hodgson next season.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Thanks for the updates Stone, Certainly great news.

Gotta wonder what the plan in Vancouver is next season with Kesler and Sedin already there. I guess we cant expect much of an impact by Hodgson next season.
    Well I can see him starting in at the 3rd line...Is there a chance either he or Kesler gets moved to the wing?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

maybe kesler, but i wouldn't. both him and hodgson play great as centers. hodgson especially doesn't have the north-south speed to play at the wing.

and just a tip from someone who was deceived before, agentzero: be suspicious of height/weights you read from hockeysfuture. it can be tough to tell how up to date they are. i think you're right: hodgson looks thicker than 182 to me. that sounds more like his draft weight.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He's been dominant in every game since returning. A great sign, and frankly I didn't expect him to return to form right away. Shows he took his time to recover properly.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    maybe kesler, but i wouldn't. both him and hodgson play great as centers. hodgson especially doesn't have the north-south speed to play at the wing.

and just a tip from someone who was deceived before, agentzero: be suspicious of height/weights you read from hockeysfuture. it can be tough to tell how up to date they are. i think you're right: hodgson looks thicker than 182 to me. that sounds more like his draft weight.
    Oh yeah, for sure. And draft weights are often puffed up too. You almost have to go and measure them yourself to get the real figures lol.

Hall seems exaggerated at his height too. Seems smaller than that, but I've never seen either in person, so it's really hard to tell.

I also agree that they are both too good at C. Maybe Hodgson gets the chance to be the #3 C, which I think would be a good fit for him, as he plays quite well defensively, but I dunno if he can handle the opposition's best C's yet, in his first year...I think I'd rather have Kesler do that for now...
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    He's been dominant in every game since returning. A great sign, and frankly I didn't expect him to return to form right away. Shows he took his time to recover properly.
    Yep. Me neither. Glad to see he's dominating again and that he took his time. He's really a heck of a player.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

3rd center doesn't mean he sees the top opposition - both Kesler and Sedin match up against the top two centers. Right now, Canuck 3rd line C is Wellwood. Hodgson easy upgrade there.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    Right now, Canuck 3rd line C is Wellwood. Hodgson easy upgrade there.
    Could not agree more. Can't wait to see this kid play in the Bigs.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I run my pool like i run my stocks, this may sound cold and its nothing personal, but the kid is damaged goods. Its a serious back injury, it WILL come back to haunt him, but no one can know for sure how soon/bad it will be.

I would either keep/buy for crumbs, keep as a lotto ticket, hope he has a nice ppg run of 4 weeks or more and sell high then. Don't get too greedy because the value is down for good at soon as he misses another game because of back problems.

OR

Poke around now and see if you can sell high to someone who dosen't know anything about back injuries or a Nucks fan who see's him as the second comming. There was a lot of hype around the kid, see if you can sell that.
    Points only Keeper, forwards assists worth 0.5

C - Malkin, Kopitar, M.Richards, Sam Gagner, Kadri, Bozak, Burmistrov, Kuznetsov
    LW - Ovechkin, Gaborik, Booth, A.Kostsitsyn, JVR, Clowe, Tanguay, Tedenby
    RW - Kane, Stewart, Briere, Penner, Downie, Hayes
    D - Gonchar, Markov, Visnovsky, J.Johnson, Karlsson, Kulikov, Shattenkirk, Gudbranson
    G - Miller, Anderson, Schneider, Neuvirth
    Enroth, Pickard, Reimer

Dress weekly: 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Tonka View Post
    I run my pool like i run my stocks, this may sound cold and its nothing personal, but the kid is damaged goods. Its a serious back injury, it WILL come back to haunt him, but no one can know for sure how soon/bad it will be.

I would either keep/buy for crumbs, keep as a lotto ticket, hope he has a nice ppg run of 4 weeks or more and sell high then. Don't get too greedy because the value is down for good at soon as he misses another game because of back problems.

OR

Poke around now and see if you can sell high to someone who dosen't know anything about back injuries or a Nucks fan who see's him as the second comming. There was a lot of hype around the kid, see if you can sell that.
    You seem to smell and Eric Daze here.....He's younger than Daze was and will likely recover quicker and more fully from his injury. His current pace shows he's not doing too shabby. It's def buyer beware, but I think he'll make it.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hodgson out tonight with an injury... broken toe.

Dobber Sports Ace

Good news is that at least it was not his back.

He was looking very good in his return and will be a very good bet to start with the Canucks next season.
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Tonka View Post

OR

Working in the sports medicine business, while being young certainly helps with back injuries, its true Cody's was very serious. There is a very good chance it could come back. i wouldnt blame people if they did try to sell high on him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Can he?

Just wondering.

AT the end of the OHL play-offs for the Battalion (I don't see them getting that far), is it possible or even fathomable that the Nucks bring Cody up for the play-off run?

Like Angus said, he is an upgrade on Wellwood and injuries always play their part in the play-offs.

Is it more likely that he sees some time with the Moose? Or does he go bus-squatting with strength coach Gagner in the Arctic tundra a la Rocky 4?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Exclamation Sparrowtrini

Sparrow!

Just wondering if there are any elite prospects that you don't own in your 16 team league. Holy S%$#.

"H2H(6x4 with SOG)
    C MDuchene,JTavares, JToews, KTurris, DBoyd
    LW JVR, MLucic, EKane, VStalberg
    RW PKane, SWalker, KOkposo, SDownie, TPurcell, NZherdev, ARadulov
    D EJohnson, ZBogosian, VHedman, DDoughty, EKarlsson, TMyers, CBarker
    G RDipietro, SMason, CSchneider

The Farm: KBeach, Lars Eller, REllis, NFilatov, SGlennie, CHodgson, NKadri, CKreider, JMarkstrom, ASalak, BSanguinetti, DTokarski

2010 Prospect Draft - 1st x 4, 2nd rdr x 1 "

PS. Dustin Boyd sticks out like a sore thumb on this list. LOL.

Awesome team for a keeper league. Stay out of my league. You're not welcome.