Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hodgson

Dobber Sports Ace

I always forget the rules reguarding Junior callups except for emergencies (and the number of games fro a year of service to that team until free agency).

I guess it won't matter if Hodgson's OHL season is over but a more likely event will be him playing in Manitoba like last year.

If the canucks 3rd line continues to falter Gillis will seek the trade route rather than relying on a 19 yr old to get his team out of a funk IMO.
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Guru

Can they pull him from Brampton? I didn't think it was possible to move players from juniors. I thought that once they sent them there, they were committing (not like AHL).

I could be completely wrong on this.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No they can't. Once he is sent down, only can be recalled in emergency purposes. Expect him to go to AHL once Brampton finishes season/playoffs.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Icon

Dobber Sports Icon

Heres what someone said who was at the game against Erie....

1st star of the night. Saw the game tonight and man does Cody have great hands and great visoin.

"He seriously looked great for someone who hasn't played in months. I lost track of the amount of chances he had and created. He went into the corners, was on the first PP and PK units and there was just a buzz around him and the game tonight.

The OHL doesn't keep track of faceoffs won, but they said he won 8/9 in the first period. The line of Jones-Hodgson-Tanski just oozed chemistry. It was great to see. Cody made some great, crisp tape to tape passes. The third goal was tictactoe. Jones to Hodgson, Hodgson with a backhand, cross-crease pass to Tanski for the tap in.

The whole team looked great tonight. No doubt a lot to do with Cody's return. He said post game that he has been pain free for a week and aside from being a bit tired, he feels great. Great game all round."

Dobber Sports Guru

Gillis commenting on Hodgson's comments about Gagner:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1458366/

Doesn't sound pleasant. Hope they can reconcile this.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gillis is an A$#hole.

Dobber Sports Initiate

This does not look good for the Canucks. Nice quotes from Gillis:

"I'm not talking about Cody Hodgson."

"He doesn't play for our team."

"I don't care."

"[Hodgson] has some ideas of his own. I haven't talked to him, so I'm not going to comment until then."

He has played zero games for the Canucks and there is already talk of him being shipped out of town.

12-team yahoo head-to-head with daily starts. 24-man rosters. Keep 8.
    4 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 2 F, 6 D, 1 G, 5 BN, 3 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

A lot of this tension dates back to training camp. I was in Vancouver (my home town) during camp and a lot was made of the interference of Hodgson's parents. The organization wanted to go one way with his rehab, and his parents wanted to go another way.

However I dont see any long term problems with the kid. He was expected to make a significant impact in the NHL this year, and prior to camp was considered the front runner for the Calder Trophy. An injury derailed this and as one can imagine, everyone is pretty frustrated with the results. From the Canucks perspective, they just want this kid playing hockey. He has been on the shelf for about 5-6 months now, which only served to frustrate everyone involved even further.

I think once he gets back into the groove all of this frustration will begin to dissipate and calmer heads will prevail.

As for him being shipped out... there are no rumors of that. I think people often jump to rash conclusions too early, resulting in relatively minor incidents being blown out of proportion.

and in response to an above, and very enlightened comment, Gillis may be a bit abbrasive, but his recent signings, his drafting, and is management of the organization as a whole proves that he is one of the more adept GMs in the NHL.

-cheers
    Zach Parise is my hero

-West Coast!!

Champ!

Dobber Sports Stud

Just a matter of time before he's scoring and his value is back up.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pretty shameful how unprofessionally the Canucks have treated and reacted to Hodgson ever since his injury in training camp... Gillis' comments are awfully harsh, and they really do suggest that there is in fact a lot of tension between the Canucks organization and the Hodgson camp. I don't expect this to result in a trade of any kind, but it is definitely worrisome...
    Salary-capped 30-team keeper pool

C: Lecavalier, O. Jokinen, Sobotka, Prust, Stone, Colborne, Skinner
    LW: Ott, Kariya, Filatov, Zharkov, Tambellini, Duco
    RW: Mueller, Kostitsyn, Vrbata, Neil, Zharkov, Petrov
    D: Phaneuf, Karlsson, White, Del Zotto, Foster, A. Greene, Babchuk, Goncharov, Josi, MacDonald, Ness
    G: Rask, Thomas, Holtby

FW Stats: P 2, +/- 2, PIM 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, GWG 2
    D Stats: P 4, +/- 2, PIM 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, GWG 2
    G Stats: W 10, L 0, OTL 5, SO 10, A 10, PIM 1

Dobber Sports Guru

Hodgson assisted on the lone goal tonight.
    Box score looks like Brampton outplayed them (shots 39-16), but lost 4-1.

Dobber Sports Guru

Another good game for Hodgson: 2 goals and an assist.

http://www.battalionhockey.com/batta...n-star-p140756

Dobber Sports Guru

20 points in 12 games.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    How old is he in most of these highlights? He looks very fast, strong on his skates and he has a wicked release on his shot. Nothing I haven't seen before, but he looks good there. He looks stronger than Hall. They are both listed around the same, Hall being 6.0, 178 and Hodgson at 5.11,182 (as per hockeysfuture) but Hodgson looks bigger, faster and stronger to me, with a better snap on his shot. Just me?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck